HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Make a realistic Koivu deal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2007, 11:30 PM
  #201
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by milou View Post
Think to Hossa story and you will have the best exemple .
A new young player that scored 5 goals in something like 5 games , fans were very exited about him , and were singing his name ...Mr Koivu didn't like it because HE was the STAR . So he simply told his coach that he didn't want to play again with Hossa .
Mr Koivu likes to play the first role of the team , and he doesn't want anyone else to be around him to take his spot ( ask to Ribeiro or Kovalev ) . It's HIM and after it's the team .
That' a load of crap without sources. Good god, where did you get this info from?

As for Ribeiro, he's already displayed his character in flying colours. And what gives you the idea that ribeiro is good enough to take koivu's spot? Koivu brings so much more to the table than mikey. And if we cant get past that, then there's a much deeper issue that we need to explore.

As for kovalev, koivu made it pretty damn public that he would like to see kovalev re-signed by montreal when he was a UFA. Why would he do that if your theory was even remotely true?

Whenever RESPECTED guys around the league are asked about saku... (ex teammates like Gilmour, Linden, Recchi, Rivet etc...,), they have nothing but the upmost regard for saku. It goes against everything you say.

Even if ribeiro and kovalev have bad things to say about saku (if its true), those are some pretty shady characters in the league to start with. Kovalev and Ribeiro have already shown their lack of credibility throughout their careers.


Last edited by Hackett: 04-21-2007 at 11:38 PM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 11:41 PM
  #202
NORiculous
Registered User
 
NORiculous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
That' a load of crap without sources. Good god, where did you get this info from?

As for Ribeiro, he's already displayed his character in flying colours. And what gives you the idea that ribeiro is good enough to take koivu's spot? Koivu brings so much more to the table than mikey. And if we cant get past that, then there's a much deeper issue that we need to explore.

As for kovalev, koivu made it pretty damn public that he would like to see kovalev re-signed by montreal when he was a UFA. Why would he do that if your theory was even remotely true?

Whenever RESPECTED guys around the league are asked about saku... (ex teammates like Gilmour, Linden, Recchi, Rivet etc...,), they have nothing but the upmost regard for saku. It goes against everything you say.

Even if ribeiro and kovalev have bad things to say about saku (if its true), those are some pretty shady characters in the league to start with. Kovalev and Ribeiro have already shown their lack of credibility throughout their careers.
I wont get into the debate of it all but I remember hearing about the Hossa thing too; that Koicu asked not to play with him, however I dont remember the source... so it could be crap.

NORiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 11:45 PM
  #203
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: FIRE THERRIEN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORiculous View Post
I wont get into the debate of it all but I remember hearing about the Hossa thing too; that Koicu asked not to play with him, however I dont remember the source... so it could be crap.
We all heard about it, however it was from the usual suspects i believe. You know, the same guys who said how Koivu never talks to rookies or helps them out when we all saw on National televised broadcast, that wasn't the case as Koivu was seen explaining things to Hossa.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 01:22 AM
  #204
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
We all heard about it, however it was from the usual suspects i believe. You know, the same guys who said how Koivu never talks to rookies or helps them out when we all saw on National televised broadcast, that wasn't the case as Koivu was seen explaining things to Hossa.
The same guy that was mic'ed up times again and was seen explaining countless stuff to Latendresse and Higgins? yah, I remember that quite well!

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 01:28 AM
  #205
habitants9_4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
koivu for marleau
both clutch but koivu is red white and blue.......and that would be a captain k Muller-Schneider for Turgeon-Malhakov type deal....worked out in its own ways...schneider and malhakov clutch both benefited the team...turgeon rocked it in a habs uni, and was our best players for years...and muller got kenny johnson and a pick that turned into Luongo....crazy but the leafs r losers

habitants9_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 01:41 AM
  #206
habitants9_4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
That' a load of crap without sources. Good god, where did you get this info from?

As for Ribeiro, he's already displayed his character in flying colours. And what gives you the idea that ribeiro is good enough to take koivu's spot? Koivu brings so much more to the table than mikey. And if we cant get past that, then there's a much deeper issue that we need to explore.

As for kovalev, koivu made it pretty damn public that he would like to see kovalev re-signed by montreal when he was a UFA. Why would he do that if your theory was even remotely true?

Whenever RESPECTED guys around the league are asked about saku... (ex teammates like Gilmour, Linden, Recchi, Rivet etc...,), they have nothing but the upmost regard for saku. It goes against everything you say.

Even if ribeiro and kovalev have bad things to say about saku (if its true), those are some pretty shady characters in the league to start with. Kovalev and Ribeiro have already shown their lack of credibility throughout their careers.
Milous seriously....learn something about the team....ribeiro was ****, and bad to our system.,.......cuz he got points does that make him good...him being gona made our power play #1 in the league....hes a selfish player...koivu is a star, he makes those around him better, and i saw Marcel play a tonnes, sure he seems to get points, but watch him play, we still got a good deal by getting garth murray......watch the rangers play

habitants9_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 01:49 AM
  #207
Habitant#1
Registered User
 
Habitant#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Brisbane
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Québec would have been a nation in the modern sense if Montcalm had been victorious but his French army was defeated and Québec was forcefully incorporated into the British Empire. I sympathize with most of the former British colonies, especially Ireland and sub-Saharan Africa for having lost their identity for centuries. One of the ironies of history is that the Irish, after having their language suppressed, became master practitioners of the British language. Now its position is similar to that of one of the republics in the Soviet Union before the breakup. Belarus? Georgia? Kazakhstan? Turkmenistan? Ukraine? Uzbekistan?
The PM himself declared Quebec a nation, how much more do you want?

Habitant#1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:48 AM
  #208
milou
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
That' a load of crap without sources. Good god, where did you get this info from?

As for Ribeiro, he's already displayed his character in flying colours. And what gives you the idea that ribeiro is good enough to take koivu's spot? Koivu brings so much more to the table than mikey. And if we cant get past that, then there's a much deeper issue that we need to explore.

As for kovalev, koivu made it pretty damn public that he would like to see kovalev re-signed by montreal when he was a UFA. Why would he do that if your theory was even remotely true?

Whenever RESPECTED guys around the league are asked about saku... (ex teammates like Gilmour, Linden, Recchi, Rivet etc...,), they have nothing but the upmost regard for saku. It goes against everything you say.

Even if ribeiro and kovalev have bad things to say about saku (if its true), those are some pretty shady characters in the league to start with. Kovalev and Ribeiro have already shown their lack of credibility throughout their careers.
i have read the Hossa 's story from 4-5 different journalists now , in different periods , in different medias . It's well know , and i am surprise that you don't know about it . For sure , the big fans of Saku still denied it .

I never said that Ribeiro was a better player, leader or human than Koivu . I don't compared the player . I just pointed that Koivu was frustrated because of Ribeiro ; This one was leading the points sheet , and was the center of the attention from the medias . Don't you remember the unfamous PP where Saku was ignoring Ribeiro , at a point that he was booed by the spectators . It was one of the little things he did .

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:58 AM
  #209
milou
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
We all heard about it, however it was from the usual suspects i believe. You know, the same guys who said how Koivu never talks to rookies or helps them out when we all saw on National televised broadcast, that wasn't the case as Koivu was seen explaining things to Hossa.
Suspects ? What is a suspect in your mind ? someone that doesn't see Koivu as a perfect player ?

You also misunderstand the way Koivu doesn't talk to rookies . Saku has always talk with his linemates . From what i read , it's just that he doesn't speak to all the players , will not welcome new player or AHL call up rookie .

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 09:53 AM
  #210
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by milou View Post
Suspects ? What is a suspect in your mind ? someone that doesn't see Koivu as a perfect player ?

You also misunderstand the way Koivu doesn't talk to rookies . Saku has always talk with his linemates . From what i read , it's just that he doesn't speak to all the players , will not welcome new player or AHL call up rookie .
Didn't he encourage Latendresse?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 09:59 AM
  #211
Evil Ted
Registered User
 
Evil Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by milou View Post
Suspects ? What is a suspect in your mind ? someone that doesn't see Koivu as a perfect player ?

You also misunderstand the way Koivu doesn't talk to rookies . Saku has always talk with his linemates . From what i read , it's just that he doesn't speak to all the players , will not welcome new player or AHL call up rookie .
I would love to get my hands on this "reading" material you have been telling us stories about, it sounds very interesting.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 10:50 AM
  #212
MoonlightGraham
Registered User
 
MoonlightGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,476
vCash: 500
It's pointless to argue wether Koivu is a good leader or not. The reality is nobody here knows, because nobody here is in that locker room. It's just opinions and guessing. Koivu has been the captain for years, no one has ever traded him, so until something like that happens, we just have to assume he's a good captain. He's also team Finland captain.

The only thing we can really see is what's going on during the games, and during the games he's always working hard. But that's only a part of being a good captain. For the rest, nodoby knows.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 11:17 AM
  #213
milou
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1 View Post
It's pointless to argue wether Koivu is a good leader or not. The reality is nobody here knows, because nobody here is in that locker room. It's just opinions and guessing. Koivu has been the captain for years, no one has ever traded him, so until something like that happens, we just have to assume he's a good captain. He's also team Finland captain.

The only thing we can really see is what's going on during the games, and during the games he's always working hard. But that's only a part of being a good captain. For the rest, nodoby knows.
there are journalists that are following the team for years , and if they are not in the locker room with the players , they are talking to them . There are also ex players of the Habs that are telling things here and there . Ask Bureau what he thinks of Saku . You will see .

Ribeiro to the Journalist that asked him about his relationship with Saku ( after the practice incident ) ; " there is nothing wrong betwen us " , and laughing , " in reality , we never talked together exepted few times , since i am here "...

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 11:22 AM
  #214
milou
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
I would love to get my hands on this "reading" material you have been telling us stories about, it sounds very interesting.
what are you reading ? witch newspaper(s ) or television sports news are you looking ?

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 11:23 AM
  #215
MoonlightGraham
Registered User
 
MoonlightGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by milou View Post
there are journalists that are following the team for years , and if they are not in the locker room with the players , they are talking to them . There are also ex players of the Habs that are telling things here and there . Ask Bureau what he thinks of Saku . You will see .

Ribeiro to the Journalist that asked him about his relationship with Saku ( after the practice incident ) ; " there is nothing wrong betwen us " , and laughing , " in reality , we never talked together exepted few times , since i am here "...
Well then if he's so bad, why hasn't he been traded?

Bureau hasn't been with the team in a long time, maybe things have changed since he was there. And I'm not going to believe what Ribeiro has to say on Koivu's leadership.

I'm not defending Koivu, just saying we don't know for sure wether he's a good captain or not because we're not in the locker room, and the best proof that he's a good captain is that he's still here.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 11:41 AM
  #216
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by milou View Post
there are journalists that are following the team for years , and if they are not in the locker room with the players , they are talking to them . There are also ex players of the Habs that are telling things here and there . Ask Bureau what he thinks of Saku . You will see .

Ribeiro to the Journalist that asked him about his relationship with Saku ( after the practice incident ) ; " there is nothing wrong betwen us " , and laughing , " in reality , we never talked together exepted few times , since i am here "...
Koivu has been here for over a decade. If he were anything like what you seem to think he is, he would have been traded a long time ago by S. Savard, Houle, A. Savard, or Gainey. Marc Bureau? How many years ago was that? Mike Ribeiro? Say no more. At least I hope you don't have the nerve to add the say so of José Théodore or Pierre Dagenais. On the other hand, it's well documented that when Koivu developed cancer he was visited by better respected former teammates such as Mark Recchi and Brian Savage. They and many others care for him as a person. You'll have to come up with more than these unsubstantiated old wives' tales gleaned from dubious sources. You haven't budged me one centimeter from my conclusion that you're prejudiced.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 12:01 PM
  #217
milou
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Koivu has been here for over a decade. If he were anything like what you seem to think he is, he would have been traded a long time ago by S. Savard, Houle, A. Savard, or Gainey. Marc Bureau? How many years ago was that? Mike Ribeiro? Say no more. . You'll have to come up with more than these unsubstantiated old wives' tales gleaned from dubious sources. You haven't budged me one centimeter from my conclusion that you're prejudiced.
Diogenes , nobody expects to budge you one millimeter of your position about Koivu .

Read the post i was quoting , where the guy said that nobody can know what is happening in the locker room . That's why i named those 2 players , to show that yes , we could know things , because there are players that talk about them sometime . I also mentioned that the journalists also talk with the players , so yes they could tell things that are inside the room .

to end , even if you don't like Ribeiro , he WAS in the room with the players - not YOU . So he knows a lot more than you will never know , about everything of the Habs , during the seasons he was there .

The fact that you dislike Ribeiro doesn't make him a liar
The fact that Bureau is not with the team for a long time ago , doesn't change the fact that he knows the truth about the charactere of the players that were with the team at that time .

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 12:05 PM
  #218
milou
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1 View Post
Well then if he's so bad, why hasn't he been traded?

Bureau hasn't been with the team in a long time, maybe things have changed since he was there. And I'm not going to believe what Ribeiro has to say on Koivu's leadership.

I'm not defending Koivu, just saying we don't know for sure wether he's a good captain or not because we're not in the locker room, and the best proof that he's a good captain is that he's still here.
who said that he was that bad ?

He could be a Prima Donna but also a good player . May be he's snob , but that doesn't mean that he 's a trouble maker . simply that he just talks to few players only .

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 12:08 PM
  #219
MoonlightGraham
Registered User
 
MoonlightGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by milou View Post
who said that he was that bad ?

He could be a Prima Donna but also a good player . May be he's snob , but that doesn't mean that he 's a trouble maker . simply that he just talks to few players only .
How is Koivu a prima donna? As far as I know he never complained about anything and always said he was happy to be in Montreal.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 12:51 PM
  #220
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: FIRE THERRIEN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by milou View Post
Diogenes , nobody expects to budge you one millimeter of your position about Koivu .

Read the post i was quoting , where the guy said that nobody can know what is happening in the locker room . That's why i named those 2 players , to show that yes , we could know things , because there are players that talk about them sometime . I also mentioned that the journalists also talk with the players , so yes they could tell things that are inside the room .

to end , even if you don't like Ribeiro , he WAS in the room with the players - not YOU . So he knows a lot more than you will never know , about everything of the Habs , during the seasons he was there .

The fact that you dislike Ribeiro doesn't make him a liar
The fact that Bureau is not with the team for a long time ago , doesn't change the fact that he knows the truth about the charactere of the players that were with the team at that time .

You see the problem and why no one believes you or your so called "sources." On one hand you have respected players and journalist in the NHL supporting Koivu and on the other you have shock jock radio hosts, guys with a pro-franchophone bias, and guys who have agenda's. You see the problem, probably not, but its clear to basically everyone else but you.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 01:00 PM
  #221
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: FIRE THERRIEN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by milou View Post
Suspects ? What is a suspect in your mind ? someone that doesn't see Koivu as a perfect player ?

You also misunderstand the way Koivu doesn't talk to rookies . Saku has always talk with his linemates . From what i read , it's just that he doesn't speak to all the players , will not welcome new player or AHL call up rookie .
I am not gonna give these guys what they want by spreading their names across the internet, everyone on these boards know who we are talking about.

You can continue to think and say we think Koivu is perfect, or is God, although i have NEVER ONCE even said that, and maybe you still don't get that it was a joke. Huet has been called Jesus at times, why aren't you going on and on about that. Oh yeah, you just hate Koivu, and it has nothing to do with an objective view.

Fact is, who are your sources. The whole, from what i hear from a radio host who has an agenda and looking for ratings doesn't cut it. You can believe those types and form an opinion, while we use respected people without agenda's.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:02 PM
  #222
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,233
vCash: 500
It's frustrating trying to convince a dogmatic flat earth believer whose prophets are Michel Bergeron, Ron Fournier, Norman Flynn et cie.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:30 PM
  #223
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1 View Post
It's pointless to argue wether Koivu is a good leader or not. The reality is nobody here knows, because nobody here is in that locker room. It's just opinions and guessing. Koivu has been the captain for years, no one has ever traded him, so until something like that happens, we just have to assume he's a good captain. He's also team Finland captain.

The only thing we can really see is what's going on during the games, and during the games he's always working hard. But that's only a part of being a good captain. For the rest, nodoby knows.
And who cares ? How come this thread is still going on ?

If Koivu demands to be traded, he will be. If he wants to stay, he will. Koivu is not "the end of the world" as a center or as a leader, but we don't have better. He still the best that we have, so...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 05:24 PM
  #224
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canindian View Post
And who cares ? How come this thread is still going on ?

If Koivu demands to be traded, he will be. If he wants to stay, he will. Koivu is not "the end of the world" as a center or as a leader, but we don't have better. He still the best that we have, so...
that's EXACTLY our problem, for us fans and habs mangement, we've been giving Koivu the world because we have nothing better, so we give him the role, the money, the C on his shirt, but no results. We should of shorten his role many years, go and get a true n.1 center and let Koivu on the 2nd line for a very long time, but it's too late for that, he's paid 4.75 mil a year and he's the go to forward of the team, it's time to move on and start fresh imo. we have alot of promissing prospects like higgins, Latendresse, Kostitsyn(2), Perez, Emelin, Komisarek, Price and Halak. Let's get a new star on the tema and let Koivu win a championship somewhere else. Trade him to a team wil pay up his full value.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 06:23 PM
  #225
milou
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
You see the problem and why no one believes you or your so called "sources." On one hand you have respected players and journalist in the NHL supporting Koivu and on the other you have shock jock radio hosts, guys with a pro-franchophone bias, and guys who have agenda's. You see the problem, probably not, but its clear to basically everyone else but you.
where did i say that i was listening to that radio show ? i even don't know what show you are talking about , because i rarely listening to the radio .
And is it possible to talk hockey in this thread board without having your constant language issue to explain everything ?

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.