HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Minnesota bound for a weekend....what to do?

Old
04-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Bruinaholic

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bruinaholic
Minnesota bound for a weekend....what to do?

Going to be in town for 2 Sox games 2 weeks from today and asides from being at the MetroDome and going to the Mall of America which will make my gf's trip i really dont have anyother destinations in mind.

So any and all suggestions are welcomed

Also we are gonna be in Milwaukee for a day or 2 so if anyone is familiar w/ good stuff around there(Miller Brewery?) that would be a help

Thanks

Bruinaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:22 AM
Sherlock

Send a message via AIM to Sherlock
Hmm. I have lived in Minnesota my whole life, and I can't really think of anything cool to do. Here are a couple:

Go to First Ave. if you are a music fan, if you get the chance.

Depending on how ambitious you are, you could drive to Duluth. One of my favorite cities in the state, it is. Check out Glensheen Mansion if you do. Or you could also drive a little further north from Duluth and check out Gooseberry Falls and Split Rock lighthouse.

Or you can stick around the Twin Cities and check out St. Anthony Falls and the Mill City Museum, which are very close to the dome. The Mill City Museum is pretty boring, IMO, but it's a nice time waster. If you take the Flower Tower and get to the top of the building, you get a nice view of the Falls.

The Science Museum across from the Xcel in St. Paul is really cool. The James J. Hill house is right there as well.

You could drive to Itasca State Park and see the source of the Mississippi River. Again, this is quite a drive north from the Twin Cities, but it's a good time.

You can go check out Fort Snelling, which is not far from the Mall of America.

That's all that is coming to mind right now, but if I think of others I'll pass them along.

EDIT: It's also not very hard to find a good bar downtown, if that's your style. I don't typically go downtown to drink, though, so others will have to provide input here.

EDIT #2: Another cool town to visit is Stillwater, which is about 45 minutes or so east of the Twin Cities on the border. Very cool town, and they have a cave you can explore.

Last edited by Sherlock: 04-22-2007 at 03:28 AM.
Sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:33 AM
Chrisd

deja vu
ricks cabaret
shieks
Dream Girls

In all seriousness downtown minneapolis is fun, down by the target center if you like beautiful babies and the bar scene.

Stillwater could be a sweet time, if you want to ride on a boat and take a little cruise, always fun.

Lots of theatre stuff in minnesota, guthrie and so forth, if that is your cup of tea.

Mall of America and the Metrodome are the 2 places I try avoid in minnesota lol.

Chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:20 PM
hockeyhockey

bar hopping in Stillwater is awesome!

The bars you need to hit are:
Brines
Crab Shack
Rubi Begonias (they change their name a lot, but they are across the street from the gas station, def #1)
PD Pappy's (if open yet- it's a biker bar on the River)
Non locals always enjoy the Freighthouse.

In Minneapolis:
Brothers
First Ave
Qwest
Daddy Rocks

MOA is over rated and they have taken out all of the bars.

Don't forget King of Diamonds

hockeyhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:22 PM
hockeyhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinaholic View Post
Also we are gonna be in Milwaukee for a day or 2
Sorry for ya.

hockeyhockey is offline   Reply With Quote