HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Le Journal de Quebec lockout?

Old
04-22-2007, 06:31 PM
bodybreak
Whiteshell Wild

vCash: 720
Le Journal de Quebec lockout?

There was a breaking news story on the Winnipeg Free Press website this morning about workers at La Presse being locked out. When I came here and saw the threads about their poll, I thought I'd go back to the Free Press site and get the story for you guys to see if you knew anything more about it, but the story is completely gone now.

What gives? Is there really something going on over there, or was this story pulled because it's not true? If it is true I'm sure there'll be something about it in the Free Press / on their website tomorrow. I'll try to remember to grab it for you.

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 06:32 PM
tiredman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
There was a breaking news story on the Winnipeg Free Press website this morning about workers at La Presse being locked out. When I came here and saw the threads about their poll, I thought I'd go back to the Free Press site and get the story for you guys to see if you knew anything moreabout it, but the story is completely gone now.

What gives? Is there really something going on over there, or was this story pulled because it's not true? If it is true I'm sure there'll be something about it in the Free Press / on their website tomorrow. I'll try to remember to grab it for you.
The Journal de Montreal and Journal de Quebec are in lockout. Not La presse.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 06:37 PM
bodybreak
Whiteshell Wild

vCash: 720
ahh here we go...

Sun Media Corp. locks out editorial, office staff at Le Journal de Quebec

Sun Apr 22 11:24:00 CDT 2007

QUEBEC (CP) — Sun Media Corp. has locked out 140 workers at Le Journal de Quebec.

The lockout of editorial and office staff at the Quebec City newspaper took effect Sunday amid a negotiating impasse over working conditions.

Luc Lavoie, a spokesman for Sun Media’s parent company, Quebecor Inc., says the paper will continue to be published during the lockout.

Lavoie says the company wants journalists to multitask by providing content for the Internet in different formats.

The company wants to shift to a five-day work week from the current four days and to reduce the newspaper’s workforce by centralizing some functions like classified ads.

Lavoie says its reporters are the best paid in the industry, with journalists averaging $86,000 per year and section editors more than $100,000.

If only there was a way to change the title of this thread!

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 06:54 PM
MoonlightGraham

Only Le Journal de Québec is in a lock-out.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
ahh here we go...

Sun Media Corp. locks out editorial, office staff at Le Journal de Quebec

Sun Apr 22 11:24:00 CDT 2007

QUEBEC (CP) — Sun Media Corp. has locked out 140 workers at Le Journal de Quebec.

The lockout of editorial and office staff at the Quebec City newspaper took effect Sunday amid a negotiating impasse over working conditions.

Luc Lavoie, a spokesman for Sun Media’s parent company, Quebecor Inc., says the paper will continue to be published during the lockout.

Lavoie says the company wants journalists to multitask by providing content for the Internet in different formats.

The company wants to shift to a five-day work week from the current four days and to reduce the newspaper’s workforce by centralizing some functions like classified ads.

Lavoie says its reporters are the best paid in the industry, with journalists averaging $86,000 per year and section editors more than $100,000.

If only there was a way to change the title of this thread!
I can change it right now. What should it say?

Is something like "Journal De Quebec Lockout" okay?

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Transported Upstater

I edited the title, hope it's okay.

If not, let me know.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported Upstater View Post
I edited the title, hope it's okay.

If not, let me know.
IMO the Sabres are in danger of being upset by the Rangers. They had a difficult time against the Islanders and came within a hair of blowing a 3-goal lead in the 3rd period of the last game.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
IMO the Sabres are in danger of being upset by the Rangers. They had a difficult time against the Islanders and came within a hair of blowing a 3-goal lead in the 3rd period of the last game.
Bob did not say "Watch the Rangers go" for nothing.. They play perfect defensively and Lundquist is always there... And they got some offensive power.. My money is on them

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Weztex

No more thrash info.

Weztex is offline   Reply With Quote