HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Speak Out Against Violence

Old
04-21-2007, 07:08 PM
mitchmagic

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
OT: Speak Out Against Violence

The world has been going in a downwards spiral, violence has been plagueing the earth. Now is your chance to speak out against this violence. Let's replace the negative with something positive.

I call on ALL Youtubers, young and old to speak against violence and school shootings. All it takes is one sentence, only one, one positive and peaceful message. One sentence. Post it as a video response, let's show the world that violence isn't necessary. Let THIS be a message to all people that there is a peaceful solution to everything. Let's make this a stand against violence.

Send this to your friends, family, anyone, let's make this BIG!

Dedicated to the Victims and Families of the Virginia Tech shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZahzfn363k

Mitchell

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 07:09 PM
JFB

I see your avatar as violence toward Darcy...

JFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
You really think this is gonna change anything?

You wish.

Spectaculard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 07:12 PM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitopia View Post
You really think this is gonna change anything?

You wish.
I think everyone can show people the true meaning of peace. After all of the hell people have been through, we need something to lift up our spirits.

Mitchell

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 08:37 PM
As the Glorious Weep

Hockey is to blame for all this violence. If only our kids didn't see adults hitting each other on the ice, there would be no such shootings.

As the Glorious Weep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 09:04 PM
mister lerock

let me be the first to say i completley agree with you buuutt im kinda drunk and kinda of blitz and you know surfn the web for meat loaf recipes

mister lerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

I once heard a person say that if you want to stop violence or famine or anything,
you must first think globally and then act locally.

Changing things around you is a good start.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

I'll hook up my camera later, and think of something to say.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 11:28 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

I'm scared to go to University for a week now...I hate all the violence...WE WANT PEACE!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 09:15 AM
milou

Problem with that type of violence is that the medias are talking about it a way too much .

By now you have probably hundreds of people that have the same kind of psychologic problems , that are alone and sick and that are thinking about suicide .

The way the medias are talking about those event is too big . They try to draw a portraiture of the killer , his familly , his background . What do you think a rejected and sick guy will think when he see all that press about someone like him ? This late story showed that the guy did it consciously knowing that he was going to be in the front page of all the newspapers and televisions of America .

He was a reject , he wanted to suicide , so why not doing it that way, so that everybody will talk about him , once in his life ?

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 09:34 AM
tiredman

Quote:
Originally Posted by milou View Post
Problem with that type of violence is that the medias are talking about it a way too much .

By now you have probably hundreds of people that have the same kind of psychologic problems , that are alone and sick and that are thinking about suicide .

The way the medias are talking about those event is too big . They try to draw a portraiture of the killer , his familly , his background . What do you think a rejected and sick guy will think when he see all that press about someone like him ? This late story showed that the guy did it consciously knowing that he was going to be in the front page of all the newspapers and televisions of America .

He was a reject , he wanted to suicide , so why not doing it that way, so that everybody will talk about him , once in his life ?
That's an interesting theory. I think the medias talk too much about him too. They talk a lot about the killer but nothing (or almost) about the victims.

However, this guy clearly needed medication. He was psychotic. With proper mediacation, this event would never have happened. The only problem is the people who don't consult a doctor and just stays in their home. The mental disease becomes worse and, someday, the guys decides to kill people and suicide himself at his school.

These persons can't be controlled. The only thing can could prevent event like this is by putting polices at schools and make sure no one enters the school with guns. However, this would cost a lot of $$$ and not be a perfect system.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 11:34 AM
milou

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS456 View Post
That's an interesting theory. I think the medias talk too much about him too. They talk a lot about the killer but nothing (or almost) about the victims.

However, this guy clearly needed medication. He was psychotic. With proper mediacation, this event would never have happened. The only problem is the people who don't consult a doctor and just stays in their home. The mental disease becomes worse and, someday, the guys decides to kill people and suicide himself at his school.

These persons can't be controlled. The only thing can could prevent event like this is by putting polices at schools and make sure no one enters the school with guns. However, this would cost a lot of $$$ and not be a perfect system.
There is a kind of consensus betwen the medias peoples , about not talking about suicide . You never read something about a poor guy that made one in the metro per exemple . They know that there is a domino effect when you talk about suicide . It's like saying to other peoples- that are in a very bad emotive state -, that there are peoples that are willing to do it , or that you can do it that way ...

What is the worst thing is that somewhere , even if it's very sad for all the familly and friends of the victims , they are talking so much for the death of 34 persons , but they never talk about the hundreds thoulsand children that are killed in war or because they don't have anything to eat .

Old
04-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Markimark

Quote:

I agree with you about the media making it into a circus but the guy was mentally ill, showing plenty of signs to indicate he needed help.
Unfortunately, our society doesn't recognize mental illness or know how to deal with it the way we do a physical problem. We have a long way to go.

Markimark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:49 PM
tiredman

Quote:
There is a kind of consensus betwen the medias peoples , about not talking about suicide . You never read something about a poor guy that made one in the metro per exemple . They know that there is a domino effect when you talk about suicide . It's like saying to other peoples- that are in a very bad emotive state -, that there are peoples that are willing to do it , or that you can do it that way ...

What is the worst thing is that somewhere , even if it's very sad for all the familly and friends of the victims , they are talking so much for the death of 34 persons , but they never talk about the hundreds thoulsand children that are killed in war or because they don't have anything to eat .
Bah.... it's normal. The Americans are close to us and they have a similar mentality. When I hear about a student killing ppl at his school in the USA in a massacre, I think it could happen to my school too and it touches me....

When I hear about 500 ppl dying in Irak because of a kamikaze, I don't like seeing that of course but it doesn't affect me that much since I'm not related at all with these persons and there's 0.000000000000001% of chance that it happens to me...

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 06:51 PM
milou

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS456 View Post
Bah.... it's normal. The Americans are close to us and they have a similar mentality. When I hear about a student killing ppl at his school in the USA in a massacre, I think it could happen to my school too and it touches me....

When I hear about 500 ppl dying in Irak because of a kamikaze, I don't like seeing that of course but it doesn't affect me that much since I'm not related at all with these persons and there's 0.000000000000001% of chance that it happens to me...
That's the problem . We feel more concern by a " somewhere little " massacre of 34 innocent victims of a psychopath that is having acces to weapons , that is living in a society totally where violence in movies, television programs etc are tolerated .

But we don't feel concern by the famine and poverty of other countries , that are mostly the result of the way we are living .

Old
04-22-2007, 07:08 PM
MacHabs93

Let's change the world.

One emo at a time.

I kid, I kid, nice work Mitchell.

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:40 PM
All In

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmagic View Post
The world has been going in a downwards spiral, violence has been plagueing the earth. Now is your chance to speak out against this violence. Let's replace the negative with something positive.

I call on ALL Youtubers, young and old to speak against violence and school shootings. All it takes is one sentence, only one, one positive and peaceful message. One sentence. Post it as a video response, let's show the world that violence isn't necessary. Let THIS be a message to all people that there is a peaceful solution to everything. Let's make this a stand against violence.

Send this to your friends, family, anyone, let's make this BIG!

Dedicated to the Victims and Families of the Virginia Tech shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZahzfn363k

Mitchell
It wasn't a voilence problem, it was a psyche problem. The kid was totally crazy.

All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Maddas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by All In View Post
It wasn't a voilence problem, it was a psyche problem. The kid was totally crazy.
to be fair , killing 33 people at gunpoint , without showing any kind of emotion , sending a plethora of pictures of yourself with various weapons is considered quite violent by anybody ' s standards .

Maddas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddas View Post
to be fair , killing 33 people at gunpoint , without showing any kind of emotion , sending a plethora of pictures of yourself with various weapons is considered quite violent by anybody ' s standards .
Nice to see every media platform whoring out the images and videos of the killer....for every dollar they can, with the NBC Logo pastered on the bottom of every image.

I wonder what point in time they will take responsibility in their contributions to violence.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Maddas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Nice to see every media platform whoring out the images and videos of the killer....for every dollar they can, with the NBC Logo pastered on the bottom of every image.

I wonder what point in time they will take responsibility in their contributions to violence.
i think there ' s absolutely nothing wrong with that .

Old
04-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddas View Post
i think there ' s absolutely nothing wrong with that .
Perhaps you'd feel differently if you knew one of the people who were murdered, but I suspect you are just a kid. Imagine losing a family to a car crash, and having the car crash shown on every network, on every paper, and thrown in your face daily. Imagine the cause of the crash was a nutbag, killer, and the news was putting him on a pedestal, making him into an icon rather than a piece of garbage.

Think you'd feel differently?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Maddas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Perhaps you'd feel differently if you knew one of the people who were murdered, but I suspect you are just a kid. Imagine losing a family to a car crash, and having the car crash shown on every network, on every paper, and thrown in your face daily. Imagine the cause of the crash was a nutbag, killer, and the news was putting him on a pedestal, making him into an icon rather than a piece of garbage.

Think you'd feel differently?
funny you ' d talk about car crashes :

Quote:
Student who escaped Virginia shooting killed in crash

Apr 22, 2007 11:41 PM
Associated Press

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – A Virginia Tech freshman who returned home with his family after last week's campus massacre was killed in a car crash, his father said Sunday.

Jeff Soriano died from his injuries Friday in Sentara Norfolk General Hospital after he was pulled from the wreckage of his burning vehicle, police said.

Enrique Soriano, speaking by telephone from his home in Chesapeake, Va., said he picked up his son in the days after the April 16 slaughter on the Blacksburg campus, which left 33 dead, including gunman Seung-Hui Cho.

Soriano said his son was in the engineering school.

Soriano's vehicle flipped several times and struck a tree before coming to a rest, investigators said. The cause of the crash was not known.

Rob Waring said he heard the crash from his office and found Soriano unconscious inside the burning car. After helping pull Soriano to safety, Waring said he talked to a relative of Soriano at the crash scene.

"That's when I found out he was a Tech undergrad who had just gotten home, so that sort of brought this terrible week into focus for me," said Waring, who attended Virginia Tech in the 1970s.
that ' s streit outta Final Destination .

as for the rest of your ramblings , you really are a bit simple , aren ' t you ?