HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Samsonov Rise of the Phoenix

Old
04-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Maddas*

vCash: 500

Maddas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Jarmusch

This gut can't be back on the team... if he is, the team will loose a lot of credibility.
As a team, a buisness there is no way you can tolerate that kind of thing.
And I'm pretty sure that the fact that he was in the stand for the last 13 games or whatever how many it was, was not just Carbo's call, but it was for Gainey either.

Jarmusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 12:30 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26 View Post
Remember only about a month into the season him being demoted to the 2nd line for Latendresse. He was upset and said so in the press. It was too early to punish him in such a way, not enough chances to have failed or dissapointed that early. It is things like that which gave him a bad attitude towards the team, affected his performance, and it all snowballed from there. The coach wronged him, now it is time to make it right.
He was skating in circles....He was not fallowing the game plan and demanded respect. He never gived Carbs respect either or his teammates, so in my book, that where he went wrong

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77otto View Post
He never gived Carbs respect either or his teammates, so in my book, that where he went wrong
Your right, lets get rid of everyone who thinks Carbs' an idiot, I mean look at how badly Rivet's doing since he got traded away from him and his genius system.

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 12:51 PM
boredmale

never underestimate the power of a guy on the last year of his contract. That being said i can't see him playing well in Montreal but Montreal might be able to unload him to some bottom feeding team, he will have a good season and get them a good return come trade deadline time.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 01:44 PM
habsrock76

There is no way he comes back. This is the same guy who openly discussed with the media he wanted out, then was told not to talk publicly about it. Then ignores the advice of his boss and does the same thing again in the midst of our playoff push. Not exactly a team guy. I predict traded with a pick for futures(which equals nada).

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Guillemin

Y'know, most people have thrown out the theory that we dump Samsonov and go after some big name, big time free agents. We tried that last year. They turned us down. Samsonov was the best we could do, and we had to offer a lot to get him here. Why will next season be different, pray tell? The way I see it, we'll sign a couple of tier 2 guys, overpay our free agent d-men, and go from there. Getting rid of Samsonov does no good, and we end up paying 3 million for nothing.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:22 PM
JrHockeyFan

No point in bashing Samsonov to death. He is stuck here and we are stuck with him unless somebody is willing to take him off our hands at our expense.

It was a gamble to get another scorer and it just did not work. End of story.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:50 PM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
Y'know, most people have thrown out the theory that we dump Samsonov and go after some big name, big time free agents. We tried that last year. They turned us down. Samsonov was the best we could do, and we had to offer a lot to get him here. Why will next season be different, pray tell? The way I see it, we'll sign a couple of tier 2 guys, overpay our free agent d-men, and go from there. Getting rid of Samsonov does no good, and we end up paying 3 million for nothing.
We tried for Elias, but after that we didn't go for the most desired ones on the market. In a lot of ways, Arnott and Shanahan WERE tier two guys. We didn't want to overpay for Arnott (Nashville outbid us) and only Shanahan made a conscious choice between two similar deals to reject us, and by all accounts it was incredibly close.

The thing that sucks most about last off-season is that if we had stopped short of Samsonov we could've had Dumont for cheaper in two weeks, and much better off. But, that's hindsight for you.

I don't think we're an unattractive market. We aren't the most attractive, but we're not ugly.

saskhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 06:13 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
Your right, lets get rid of everyone who thinks Carbs' an idiot, I mean look at how badly Rivet's doing since he got traded away from him and his genius system.
I am glad for Rivet. The only thing that saved Rivet is the heart he wears on his sleve. Also, like I said it before, he got to compfertable in MTL. Still was a team player. Glad to see him go and sad at the same time. I also hope that wen he does sign a contract with some team, he play well like he's doing now. His motivation at this time are at a all time high, so I see him falling next year to a #5 spot for whatever team he signs for.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Sky View Post
i posted the idea a coulpe of days ago. Well I hear a name that might work. How about Fedorov? We get the older player, but a least he's a center. All we would need is the lenght and salary to be the same. Just an idea.
Getting another problematic/underachieving player back for Samsonov is not the answer, IMHO. Buying out Samsonov saves us $2.35M. We should just spend that $2.35M towards signing a good player, not slide all those coins back into the slot machine again. Even if that money is just earmarked towards retaining Markov and Souray, it's still better than using it to audition another potential headache.

(NB: Not saying that Fedorov specifically is such a "headache" player... actually he's a pretty good player IMHO, but his salary is just soooooo high that he's not even a candidate here for us (while of course at the same time he's also still good enough that Columbus isn't going to move him for the lowly Samsonov)).

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 11:56 AM
LesHabs66

3.5 million is a lot to pay for a guy that does a water bug impersonation with the puck while neglecting to check or shoot. What did he do with his ice time to earn a spot next season? Not much. I fail to understand the love affair with this overpaid whiner. Send him back to Boston or Edmonton and let him cry about playing time to the press there. One less cancer in the locker room to deal with...

LesHabs66 is offline   Reply With Quote