HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fedotenko?

Old
04-23-2007, 03:52 PM
2ForRoughing*

vCash: 500
Fedotenko?

any thoughts on him adding some depth to our 2nd line? Paired with Weight he could return to 20+ goal form. I happen to like his speed and good shot.

2ForRoughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ForRoughing View Post
any thoughts on him adding some depth to our 2nd line? Paired with Weight he could return to 20+ goal form. I happen to like his speed and good shot.
I could see him being our Dvorak-like signing. Strickland managed in his last blog that the Blues want to bring back Dvorak but aren't sure if they're going to pay him what he'll be looking for. This means that there will be a spot open for a 2nd/3rd liner. If Dvorak signs elsewhere, I could see Fedotenko being the guy. Hell, I think he'd be a better fit here than Dvorak given the differences in their games. Also if this truly is a "playoffs or bust" year, we'll want Fedotenko. Once the playoffs start he elevates his game

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker
I could see him being our Dvorak-like signing. Strickland managed in his last blog that the Blues want to bring back Dvorak but aren't sure if they're going to pay him what he'll be looking for. This means that there will be a spot open for a 2nd/3rd liner. If Dvorak signs elsewhere, I could see Fedotenko being the guy. Hell, I think he'd be a better fit here than Dvorak given the differences in their games. Also if this truly is a "playoffs or bust" year, we'll want Fedotenko. Once the playoffs start he elevates his game
I don't see any reason why they couldn't have both Dvorak and Fedotenko. I thought Dvorak played well, for the most part, last year. And I do like Fedotenko as well.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I don't see any reason why they couldn't have both Dvorak and Fedotenko. I thought Dvorak played well, for the most part, last year. And I do like Fedotenko as well.

P_B

As of right now, money and spots open. If the Blues plan is to go at the top centers available in free agency, then I don't know if they'll want to use their cap room on two wingers especially when you consider that right now we have at top-9 wings

Cajanek, Rucinsky, Stempniak, Backes, Boyes, Weight?, Mayers

One of Cajanek or Rucinsky could be moved and Weight could stay at center, but I have to think that we'd only be seeing one of Fedotenko/Dvorak in St. Louis next season. Of course, it's way to early to start trying to guess which way this team wants to go next season. All we know for sure is that it should be interesting.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 09:22 AM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
Also if this truly is a "playoffs or bust" year, we'll want Fedotenko. Once the playoffs start he elevates his game
Not in the new NHL. 9 playoff games with 0 points and a -5.

Also considering he had his lowest point total this year since 2002-2003. (32 points in 80 games this year)

I would not overpay for this guy!d

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ForRoughing View Post
He couldn't do better than a dozen goals playing mostly with Brad Richards, after starting the season as usual on the Lecavalier line. Missed on countless scoring chances. How this guy went from being a finisher with a wicked wrist shot to being a grinder who led the team in hits is one of the great mysteries. Tortorella waited and waited for him to come around, and he finally sat the bench in game 5 and was scratched for game 6 vs. NJ.

It might be a case of a guy needing a change of scenery, or he may have been a one hit wonder. I wouldn't spend too much to find out which, but if he comes cheap it will be worth taking a chance.

Dangerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 05:13 PM
HarmonyOfDissonance

Send a message via AIM to HarmonyOfDissonance
Well Dougie is more of a playmaking center than Richards and Lecavalier. I like Fedotenko and would definitely like to see him in a Blues sweater. I believe he would be a major addition to the second line with Weight and Dvorak (who played wonderfully last season may I add) I see us dropping Cajanek.

HarmonyOfDissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Irish Blues

Fedotenko may have struggled due to the two (2) hip surgeries he's had - one in June 2005, the other in May 2006. If he's healthy and the hip isn't going to be a problem, why not? He may fly under everyone's radar with his lousy '06-07 season and come cheap; if he then had a good season, great! It's win-win for both sides. If he struggles again, ... it's not like we're giving him Samsonov money to suck it up and are then stuck with him for another year.