HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Please write MSG about road games in HiDef

Old
04-23-2007, 01:23 PM
MJCULE

vCash: 500
im 99% sure the rest of the games are on VS/NBC

MJCULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 01:31 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

I hate the VS/NBC Coverage. I can't deal with their announcers.

oh and another thing...people say how great Doc Emerick is...I think he's the most annoying play by play guy on Earth!!! Like dude, take it down a notch, it was just a dump and chase...

04-23-2007, 02:31 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
We're you promised all these things when you bought the equipment?
OMG whats the friggin big deal here?!?!?

Why is it so horrrible that fans like me are upset about not getting HD telecasts when we shell out thousands of dollars for tv's and equipment and hundreds more for service!?!?

When i buy a service that includes a channel called MSG-HD, Yes, i expect to have ALL the games in High Definition...

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 02:41 PM
danman1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

Why is it so horrrible that fans like me are upset about not getting HD telecasts when we shell out thousands of dollars for tv's and equipment and hundreds more for service!?!?

When i buy a service that includes a channel called MSG-HD, Yes, i expect to have ALL the games in High Definition...
Exactly. If the channel says HD, then all the games should be in HD. Not some and not others. I saw someone talking about the price it costs to produce in HD. Tough, people pay to see HD on a HD channel, not SD on a SD channel. They pay for the service, all the games should be in HD. Besides, MSG is owned by Cablevision, a company worth millions upon millions of dollars: I think they can afford to broadcast all the games in HD.

Good thing all Versus and NBC games are in HD right? At least we have that going for us.

danman1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

Read the fine print

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 02:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
Dear Mr. Atieh,

MSG will be broadcasting the Rangers Semifinal games in HD for the home games only. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Due to production reasons, we are currently striving to bring you away games in HD format in the near future.

Thank you for your viewership.

Regards,

MSG Media
I got the same response. This was my reply:

Thank you for the response. I have to say that it is very troubling to Blueshirts fans to hear that the television home of the Rangers will only be broadcasting 1 HD game during their entire semifinal round. These historic games are the most important played by this franchise in the past decade, and for us not to be able to watch the away broadcasts in HD is absolutely shameful. Everyone at the MSG network should be embarrassed by this severe oversight. I hope you will pass this sentiment along to your superiors, as I speak for many thousands of Rangers fans in the NY metropolitan area who have come to expect more from your network. It is unfortunate that MSG has put a damper on what should be the most exciting time of the year, and made the playoffs less enjoyable as a result. In 2007 there is simply no excuse.

Regards,

broadwayblue

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:04 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Read the fine print
There isn't any. Only a nice bill.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:05 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I got the same response. This was my reply:

Thank you for the response. I have to say that it is very troubling to Blueshirts fans to hear that the television home of the Rangers will only be broadcasting 1 HD game during their entire semifinal round. These historic games are the most important played by this franchise in the past decade, and for us not to be able to watch the away broadcasts in HD is absolutely shameful. Everyone at the MSG network should be embarrassed by this severe oversight. I hope you will pass this sentiment along to your superiors, as I speak for many thousands of Rangers fans in the NY metropolitan area who have come to expect more from your network. It is unfortunate that MSG has put a damper on what should be the most exciting time of the year, and made the playoffs less enjoyable as a result. In 2007 there is simply no excuse.

Regards,

broadwayblue

Old
04-23-2007, 03:23 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Read the fine print
I know youre playing Devils advocate here... but cmon now.

Like broadway said, its 2007 - its New York City - its the playoffs - make it happen. We suffered the whole season with away games not in HD, and complained then too.

I know others with SD could care less as long as they get to see the games, and I too was one of those last year, but if people were complaining about the HD ineptability i would be on their side on this. I wouldnt be talking about reading the fine print.

Bottom line is the loyal fans/customers that made the investment of HDTVs have to watch our beloved Rangers play in the Eastern Conference Semi's (for the first time in 10 years) in a stretched, crappy resolution (which displays even worse on an HDTV) and it really sucks, cause we have a machine that can make it look reeeeeeeaaaaaly nice - and if MSG and NHL did the work they needed to it would just simply be there for us, the service we PAY for.

Old
04-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
When you pay 2000 for an HDTV and pay another 150 for cable each month ill complain about it till pigs fly.
That's great but you knew this before you bought the tv..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

HPN,

It does suck for you guys, but with new technology there are always problems. Like they said, they're working on it, but didn't you know that when you signed up for this stuff?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:38 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
HPN,

It does suck for you guys, but with new technology there are always problems. Like they said, they're working on it, but didn't you know that when you signed up for this stuff?
If we were talking about new technology I could understand. But HD television has been around for years now. And MSG-HD has been on the air since the turn of the century. So, no, I'm not sypmathetic to their excuses.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:40 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
If we were talking about new technology I could understand. But HD television has been around for years now. And MSG-HD has been on the air since the turn of the century. So, no, I'm not sypmathetic to their excuses.

Especially since there have been road games in the REGULAR SEASON (Pitt, Phi) in HiDef.

Old
04-23-2007, 03:42 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
HPN,

Of course guys, but if people like me don't complain about it and get on their ***** itll take 3 years to get these away games instead of next season or hopefully in this years palyoffs.

HD isnt that new either.

AND, I expect alot from MSG. They were "reborn" remember?

Old
04-23-2007, 04:00 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Another response

Quote:
Hello,

We are currently attempting to bring you road games in HD, but have not
attained that goal completely yet. It is not just bringing special
cameras to games but is more in-depth with the carrying the HD feed,
etc. We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued
support!

Regards,

MSG Media

At least they are working on it.

Old
04-23-2007, 04:17 PM
nyray

my buddy works for yes network as a film editor and travels with the team to broadcast games....yeshd also only broadcasts Yankees home games and very select road games (Red Sox and MEts games) in hd b/c of the cost of a traveling HD truck and the whole production. When you consider that the Rangers games do not draw nearly the same audiance as the Yanks do, you can understand that MSG is probably waiting for the technology cost to come down. They probably do not think it is profitable enough for them yet, especially since they are owned by a publicly traded company and must justify the expense.
That being said, hockey in HD and SD are like night and day so hopefully someday soon all games will be in HD

nyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

I didn't mean to be a jerk above..

I've complained in the past and it does no good....

My bigger complaint is that MSGHD isn't on Directv..I have time warner now but I'd switch to directv in a heartbeat if they had MSGHD...

Directv is light years ahead of cable when it comes to hdtv...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 05:13 PM
mnorman1

Send a message via AIM to mnorman1
I live in upstate New York, closer to NYC, but I get Buffalo instead. I don't get Versus at college, so I have to watch on TVU or SopCast. My NBC affiliate decided to show Sens-Pens over NYR-Atlanta. I can't watch 30 games even in standard-def. The NHL blackout rules are ****ed up.

You pay for a TV because it's cool to watch games in hi-def, but you can't expect all the games to be that way. If 2/3's of the games are in hi-def you should be satisfied. Most of us, even in this state, have to watch ****** quality computer feeds without a choice. Then I come on here and see more people *****ing about buying a nice TV (boo-hoo!) and how they have to struggle to watch the game in standard-def.

Be happy with what you have and that you're lucky enough to get as many games in HD as you do. You're also lucky enough to have a $2000 TV and cable provider so that you can watch maybe 60max hockey games throughout an entire year? Whine whine whine, that must really suck.

mnorman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 05:24 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorman1 View Post
I live in upstate New York, closer to NYC, but I get Buffalo instead. I don't get Versus at college, so I have to watch on TVU or SopCast. My NBC affiliate decided to show Sens-Pens over NYR-Atlanta. I can't watch 30 games even in standard-def. The NHL blackout rules are ****ed up.

You pay for a TV because it's cool to watch games in hi-def, but you can't expect all the games to be that way. If 2/3's of the games are in hi-def you should be satisfied. Most of us, even in this state, have to watch ****** quality computer feeds without a choice. Then I come on here and see more people *****ing about buying a nice TV (boo-hoo!) and how they have to struggle to watch the game in standard-def.

Be happy with what you have and that you're lucky enough to get as many games in HD as you do. You're also lucky enough to have a $2000 TV and cable provider so that you can watch maybe 60max hockey games throughout an entire year? Whine whine whine, that must really suck.
Totally agree. Of all the things MSG could improve on, you are crying about HD? Please is this some sort of a joke?

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Meathead

im sure msg will play more sabres games in hd in the third and fourth rounds

Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
MSG does NOT produce the Sabres home games. Those games are produced by the Buffalo Sabres, and are broadcast by MSG under an agreement with the NHL after Empire Sports Net went belly-up a few years ago. The Sabres, I believe, have not upgraded their arena productin facilities to HD, hence Sabres home games are not available in HD, either.

While I applaud the grass-roots iniative, I would manage your expectations as to what to expect. MSG produces three NHL team broadcasts and one NBA team, plus soccer and some other stuff. A traveling HD truck may not be their highest priority right now.

Also, a word to the wise, if you want to get anywhere with MSG, be exceedingly polite, state your case and do not go off on tangents. It's much easier for them to ignore fan-boy rants and tirades. For the record, I do not work for MSG.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 06:01 PM
blue2noise

Quote:

I tell most of my customers we are "working on it" when we don't do something.

Old
04-23-2007, 06:06 PM
OldBlueSeats

got this from the the rangers site, I hope cablevision can broadcast game 1 in HD on another CH, VS blows when you have the HD on a bigscrean..

"The series opens on Wednesday night in Buffalo with Game 2 also scheduled for HSBC Arena. The Rangers return to The Garden for Game 3 on Sunday afternoon.

Game 1 will be televised exclusively on the Versus network. MSG will air Game 2 for viewers in the New York market with Versus picking up a national feed. Game 3 will air on NBC, while Game 4 will also be shown exclusively on Versus.

In addition to Game 2, MSG will broadcast Games 5 and 7 of the series if such games are necessary. All of the MSG games will air on Versus for out-of-market viewers."

OldBlueSeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 06:07 PM
acs12798

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyray View Post
my buddy works for yes network as a film editor and travels with the team to broadcast games....yeshd also only broadcasts Yankees home games and very select road games (Red Sox and MEts games) in hd b/c of the cost of a traveling HD truck and the whole production. When you consider that the Rangers games do not draw nearly the same audiance as the Yanks do, you can understand that MSG is probably waiting for the technology cost to come down. They probably do not think it is profitable enough for them yet, especially since they are owned by a publicly traded company and must justify the expense.
That being said, hockey in HD and SD are like night and day so hopefully someday soon all games will be in HD
Just so you know, every single Yankee game on YES this year, including every away game is in HD. However, a normal game on YES probably get significantly more viewers than a Rangers playoff game. People may want to complain about it not being in HD, but its unfair to blame MSG if it does not make financial sense for them. I want the game in HD too, but there not HD feed at all in buffalo so they would need a truck which costs a lot of money.

MSG does not run the Sabres broadcast, the Sabres do, and they just get tv space from the station. So for Buffalo to get HD equipment, the Sabres would have to poney up the money themselves.

Lets hope the Rangers meet the devils in the next round because that will mean they advanced and all games in HD.

acs12798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 06:13 PM
OldBlueSeats

Quote:
Originally Posted by acs12798 View Post

Lets hope the Rangers meet the devils in the next round because that will mean they advanced and all games in HD.
except for the games on VS... that CH sucks

OldBlueSeats is offline   Reply With Quote