HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Your 2007 - 2008 Nashville Predators

Old
04-21-2007, 03:13 PM
xEx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
no one wants a talentless thug ... he had all of 9 points this year 27 points in 169 total games ... 1 assist in 12 playoff games ... not really a high scorer ... and he doesn't do well against the boards

You're right, cut him. I'm sure he'll never play another NHL game in his life.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEx View Post
excuse me but w t f does he do besides get called for penalties now for breathing on players ? ... he can't play the boards ... he can't score ... the only thing he used to be able to do is now illegal in his mind (borderline hits to the upper body) ... he's not a good hockey player

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 03:40 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
If he doesn't develop an all-around game very quickly, he'll be out of the NHL in no time. After his altercation with Robidas, the league did what its individual teams couldn't and completely neutralized Tootoo. His hardchecking game was rendered useless by an aggressive campaign by the NHL to 'police' him. He simply cannot skate around and stir up trouble because not only is he not going to get any benefit of the doubt calls, any chance to penalize him will not go unused. Don't be surprised if this is the last season where Tootoo plays any sort of noticeable role on an NHL team. He has the potential to be a useful player. Here's hoping the NHL does what Poile and Trotz never could and whip him into a real hockey player.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
The one thing I will add to this post right now is that I think Peter Forsberg will retire from the NHL and play the rest of his career in Sweden. Just my personal opinion, although I think he will sign a one-day contract with Colorado to retire as a member of the Avalanche.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
The one thing I will add to this post right now is that I think Peter Forsberg will retire from the NHL and play the rest of his career in Sweden. Just my personal opinion, although I think he will sign a one-day contract with Colorado to retire as a member of the Avalanche.
Ya know what I really hope he has a great post-NHL career ... he seems very intelligent for a Hockey player

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 04:16 PM
xEx

Quote:
excuse me but w t f does he do besides get called for penalties now for breathing on players ? ... he can't play the boards ... he can't score ... the only thing he used to be able to do is now illegal in his mind (borderline hits to the upper body) ... he's not a good hockey player
What he does bring isn't really measured in stats. But I don't care about that. My only point is that you think, not one GM would be willing to give Nashville anything in return.

That's silly, there is always a GM out there that will tell himself "here is a guy that scored 1.45 points a game in his last junior year" under our system and with our coaching we can make him into a better player. Never under estimate ones ego.

But cutting a young guy to save $250,000, is just something I don't see Poile doing.

Old
04-21-2007, 04:17 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
If he doesn't develop an all-around game very quickly, he'll be out of the NHL in no time. After his altercation with Robidas, the league did what its individual teams couldn't and completely neutralized Tootoo. His hardchecking game was rendered useless by an aggressive campaign by the NHL to 'police' him. He simply cannot skate around and stir up trouble because not only is he not going to get any benefit of the doubt calls, any chance to penalize him will not go unused. Don't be surprised if this is the last season where Tootoo plays any sort of noticeable role on an NHL team. He has the potential to be a useful player. Here's hoping the NHL does what Poile and Trotz never could and whip him into a real hockey player.
Heh, it seems that Tootoo's punch on Robidas may have hurt Tootoo more than Robidas.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Ya know what I really hope he has a great post-NHL career ... he seems very intelligent for a Hockey player
Wow, I actually agree with one of your posts...it's a miracle!

Peter Forsberg caught my attention back in his rookie season and I have truly enjoyed watching his career throughout the years. I simply believe that he feels a strong obligation to play hockey back in Sweden while he can still perform at a high level because of the training and support that the country has given him throughout the years.

Peter Forsberg has financial security for multiple generations of his family and has firmly earned his spot in North American hockey lore despite what some naysayers might post. He has won at all levels of play and I simply believe that he knows that his style of play has taken a major toll on his body and that his career has peaked and a more limited playing role back in his homeland where he is admired and respected will do more for not only prolonging his career, but also growing the sport of hockey in his country for future generations to enjoy.

Peter Forsberg, in my opinion, the first sure-fire Hockey Hall of Fame player to play for the Nashville Predators.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 04:30 PM
xEx

Quote:
Maybe one more year in the NHL, I can't see him playing in the Western conference unless its with Colorado. But he seems to be a guy of his word. So if he wants to finish his days playing in Sweden, he better not wait too long. It was a privilege to watch him in a Preds uniform.

I watched the Channel 5 news(?) post game interviews for game 5 and it was like night and day how Forsberg handeled his questions compared to Kariya. I was left somewhat disappointed with Kariya.

Old
04-21-2007, 04:32 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
I was left somewhat disappointed with Kariya.
You sound like every single Predators fan talking about how they exited each Preds home game since the All-Star break.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 08:08 PM
jfc64

Quote:

He might be back in the NHL in 2009-10! (Olympic season)

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Radulov for Czar*

so where do you guys see the team next season?

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 12:47 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
so where do you guys see the team next season?
kansas city?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
kansas city?
maybe Vegas?

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Biloxi

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 09:10 AM
preddevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I think Mason and Zidlicky are both likely traded........that is assuming we go after Timonen or another top FA defenseman.

Zids has a no trade clause. I don't see him going anywhere unless we bow out of the playoffs next year before the trade deadline.

preddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Cyberslacker

Quote:
yup ... Hannan is very underrated ... I don't want anymore kids playing on the blue line unless we absolutely have to

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/...ame=nhl-sharks

And you want to pay 5 million for him? Limited overall ability!

I'd say wait til the pain from losing this series lessens and then let cooler heads prevail. Good pick up at the right price. 5 Million aint it.

Cyberslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberslacker View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/...ame=nhl-sharks

And you want to pay 5 million for him? Limited overall ability!

I'd say wait til the pain from losing this series lessens and then let cooler heads prevail. Good pick up at the right price. 5 Million aint it.
Because TSN's Scouting Report is the end all when it comes to choosing players...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by preddevil View Post
Zids has a no trade clause. I don't see him going anywhere unless we bow out of the playoffs next year before the trade deadline.
I don't believe Zidlicky has a NTC.

Old
04-23-2007, 03:14 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I don't believe Zidlicky has a NTC.
He doesn't. Vokoun and Arnott do.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
preddevil

Quote:
He doesn't. Vokoun and Arnott do.
My information was from 104.5, last week. I don't recall specifically who said it, but I believe that Willy Daunic was on with either Mark McGee or John Glennon. Mark Howard may have been on as well. If I had to guess, I'd say it was Glennon. This came up when a caller suggested trading Zids. I would be quite happy to find out that they were wrong or that I misunderstood. Anyone have a link that confirms either possibility?

Last edited by preddevil: 04-23-2007 at 03:42 PM.
preddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by preddevil View Post
Anyone have a link that confirms either possibility?
I've been searching around and I've yet to find any details which confirm Zidlicky has a no trade clause. I'll try to keep looking.

Old
04-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Jarnberg

So, here is our current lineup assuming we do not resign any of our UFA or RFA:

x - David Legwand (2,100,000) - Martin Erat (1,750,000)
Steve Sullivan (3,200,000) - Jason Arnott (4,500,000) - J.P. Dumont (2,500,000)
x - x - Alexander Radulov (689,000)
x - x - Jordin Tootoo (700,000)

x - Shea Weber (475,000)
Dan Hamhuis (1,175,000) - x
Ryan Suter (972,000) - Marek Zidlicky (3,200,000)

Tomas Vokoun (5,300,000)
Chris Mason (1,250,000)

Extras:

Rich Peverley (490,000)

--
We're looking at about $28 million in salary here.

Don't forget we have our own personal cap to work with...

Time to fill in those holes!

Old
04-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Jarnberg

How about:

Alexander Radulov (689,000) - David Legwand (2,100,000) - Martin Erat (1,750,000)
Steve Sullivan (3,200,000) - Jason Arnott (4,500,000) - J.P. Dumont (2,500,000)
Scott Hartnell (2,500,000) - Michal Handzus (2,500,000) - Taylor Pyatt (1,600,000)
x - Vernon Fiddler (500,000) - Jordin Tootoo (700,000)

Scott Hannan (5,000,000) - Shea Weber (475, 000)
Dan Hamhuis (1,750,000) - Ossi Vaananen (1,600,000)
Ryan Suter (972,000) - Greg Zanon (650,000)

Tomas Vokoun (5,300,000)
Pekka Rinne (500,000)

A couple of things before I get flamed, yes I probably low balled the free agents as this summer player prices are likely to jump up alot. And yes I'd love to think we'd be able to land a Drury or Gomez and these might not be the most ideal pickups, but I'm trying to be somewhat realistic (Hannan is almost too much of a stretch really..)

I also don't necessarily think each Free Agent will want to come to us first or something like that.

And this is assuming Forsberg, Kariya and Timonen go elsewhere yet we somehow keep Hartnell. And we trade Zidlicky and Mason for draft picks or something to that effect.

This roster would be touching $39 million, but we'd still need another 4th liner.

Last edited by Jarnberg: 04-23-2007 at 04:48 PM. Reason: I did NOT intend to give Zanon a 1,600,000 raise! We aren't paying by blocked shots....
Old
04-23-2007, 05:40 PM
jasonwendecker

Quote:
If there's a name that I think we should pursue like we've never pursued anyone before...and this series illustrated it...

Scott Hannan. I think we're fine at forward if we retain one of Hartnell(preferably) or Kariya. Defense should have been addressed last summer, and should definitely be addressed this summer.

Offer Hannan 2 or 3 years at 5 per.

I understand that nashville needs a D-man, but throwing 5 mill. at hannan is just a terrible idea, I know he's good, but he isnt 5 mill good. It's just like the leafs throwing 5 plus at Kubina, it didnt work, hannan is maybe MAYBE a 4 mill. dman

jasonwendecker is offline   Reply With Quote