HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Avery on TRL Monday

Old
04-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight25 View Post
I hope he calls everybody there a tool. That would make my millenium.

P.S. Calling them a tool is probably the worst thing he could say on MTV without getting fined.
That would be the best show ever if he did.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:08 PM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
Its God!!!!

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:09 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
he says if they win the stanley cup he will wear the naked cowboys underwear and charge 5 bucks per picture with the stanley cup and donate it to charity. plus he talked about elisha cuthbert. it was pretty much a bunch of nothing.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:10 PM
hlundqvist30*

Damn it! Forget about the tickets. I WANT THE HUG FROM HIM!

Old
04-23-2007, 03:11 PM
The Big Apple

Sean Avery is a beast he should host the show......

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:11 PM
dank

Sean Avery poops Playoff Tickets!

that was a short and sweet appearance on TRL..

good PR stunt, gave out 2 tickets to Game 3 to a girl Ranger fan who was sitting on stage next to him. then they wheeled out Rangers jerseys for everyone at the studio. pretty damn cool..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:13 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Sean Avery poops Playoff Tickets!

that was a short and sweet appearance on TRL..

good PR stunt, gave out 2 tickets to Game 3 to a girl Ranger fan who was sitting on stage next to him. then they wheeled out Rangers jerseys for everyone at the studio. pretty damn cool..
Damn..I wish I was there. I can deal with a bunch of awful pop music and scream a bit for a free jersey.

Any publicity is good publicity, even with a bunch of teeny boppers. This team is becoming a very big thing in this town.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Man I want some tickets >_<

lol

Good to see hockey in any mainstream light though, I guess.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:14 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Damn..I wish I was there. I can deal with a bunch of awful pop music and scream a bit for a free jersey.

Any publicity is good publicity, even with a bunch of teeny boppers. This team is becoming a very big thing in this town.
I can picture the Devils trying to match this by having Cam Janssen throw his own super sweet 16 for MTV to see. ANyways I would have went for the jersey, dammit.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Mistress Mandy

Damn brother of mine made me watch Spongebob instead of Sean. I oughta smack him when I get the chance to... My brother, that is...

Mistress Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:27 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Someone at MSG networks should get tough and have a Sean Avery reality show.

I kinda think it would only be 20 times better than the YES Ultimate Road Trip, and maybe only slightly worse than Rob & Big.

"Digging A very Deep Hole" (working title) could easily do a 5 rating in NY.

04-23-2007, 03:49 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Are you serious? Who doesn't want to watch Nick Cannon pretend he is good at something, or obnoxious 16 year old girls scream at their parents for getting them a blue ferrari instead of a white one. What quality tv.

I can just picture it now...

"Sean, how do you feel about Ashlee Simpson's new music video?"

"I think she should stop slitting her wrists and do us all a favor and jump off of a cliff."
Well, when you put it like that....

I listen mainly to punk, post-punk, emo, screamo and ska. Not much good in those genres on MTV, which is the main reason I won't watch.

Shows like the Real World were cool years ago, when people were actually forced to face problematic social issues such as homosexuality and race and gender discrimination. Now it's just chicks with huge knockers slapping each other, and toolshed, meathead guys flexing and preening for everyone. So lame.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Garv23

Man, I haven't watched MTV since Nina Blackwood gave me a rise in the drawers and they actually played videos. And from halfway decent bands! Now it's just filled with talentless fashion statements that don't know the difference between a guitar and drum. I could go on forever but who wants to hear my useless ranting Sorry Sean. I'll wait till giant Blow Pop head Trautwig interviews ya.

Headbangers Ball with Rikki Rathman rocked!

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Other Little Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
the Justin Timberlake video for "What goes Around Comes Around" was just on, and i think i remembered someone saying that the song is actually about Sean Avery.

i looked it up and i got this:

http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/759701.html
Good god. I actually just felt myself getting dumber while reading those lyrics.

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
Man, I haven't watched MTV since Nina Blackwood gave me a rise in the drawers and they actually played videos. And from halfway decent bands! Now it's just filled with talentless fashion statements that don't know the difference between a guitar and drum. I could go on forever but who wants to hear my useless ranting Sorry Sean. I'll wait till giant Blow Pop head Trautwig interviews ya.

Headbangers Ball with Rikki Rathman rocked!
Agreed. The ball in its early days was strange, dark and definitely cheesy but it was something for us Metal fans who were given nothing in the mainstream media. That was pre-internet for you sproutlings out there

MTV is a shell of what once was a good channel that played creative videos, even if you didn't like the music you could appreciate what the band/filmmaker was doing on a small budget. Now EVERY frame is scrutinized in an editing room to 'maximize the artists selling potential'.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
tell me about it... not to name drop but some of my friends have been on Headbangers Ball... that Jamey Jasta guy is a tool, but that broad from FUSE's Uranium is the absolute worst... she's FN retarded... they all hate her. They seriously give her th e hardest time cuz she's a groupie with a TV show... ugh.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 06:17 PM
In The Flesh

VH1 Classic is where its at.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 06:21 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
MTV has gone to crap. There trying to be funny with comedy when their reality shows are better.

Plus TRL is a joke, the music is like 20 seconds long and interviews are boring. Just all commercials.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 06:40 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
MTV has gone to crap. There trying to be funny with comedy when their reality shows are better.

Plus TRL is a joke, the music is like 20 seconds long and interviews are boring. Just all commercials.
Interviews are boring? Are you serious? Without TRL's interview of Avery, how would we have ever actually found out that Avery was "happy about winning the series against Atlanta." Who woulda thunk it?

Whoever that guy was that was interviewing him was lame. I swear I thought his next question would be " What color is a hockey puck?"

Old
04-24-2007, 02:16 AM
Raoul Duke*

Anyone ever notice that Avery might be candid to the media every now and then, or his antics on the ice...

But he's usually pretty boring? I mean did anyone see him on MTV Cribs? His house sucked, he had nothing worth pointing out, made no clever comments about anything - and half the time seemed too stupid to think of how to finish his sentences.

Then he ended it hanging out in his backyard with Elisha Cuthbert, and that was the most entertaining thing about his life.

Oh well, doesn't matter as long as he continues what he's been up to lately as a Ranger.

Raoul Duke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 04:22 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
Anyone ever notice that Avery might be candid to the media every now and then, or his antics on the ice...

But he's usually pretty boring? I mean did anyone see him on MTV Cribs? His house sucked, he had nothing worth pointing out, made no clever comments about anything - and half the time seemed too stupid to think of how to finish his sentences.

Then he ended it hanging out in his backyard with Elisha Cuthbert, and that was the most entertaining thing about his life.

Oh well, doesn't matter as long as he continues what he's been up to lately as a Ranger.
He is dynamite in post-game interviews.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 05:46 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post

His house was Normal!
I can't believe I sat though 20 mins of TRL! o0o God, Never again!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 07:44 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
I can't think of any hockey player that's ever been on there. I know this because it would have been on the boards, and before 2002 I would actually watch sometimes. Then I turned 18.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 08:38 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Remember when TRL used to actually be popular and Carson Daly used to host (What ever happened to that guy?)? Haha, back in the day. I would have gone, that would have been pimp. Would have brought my Rangers jersey and bowed to Avery as he walked in. Of course I would have had to of been trashed to sit through TRL to begin with.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 11:10 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
Remember when TRL used to actually be popular and Carson Daly used to host (What ever happened to that guy?)? Haha, back in the day. I would have gone, that would have been pimp. Would have brought my Rangers jersey and bowed to Avery as he walked in. Of course I would have had to of been trashed to sit through TRL to begin with.
Wait he isn't hosting anymore?

I say that 100% serious. Wow, has it really been that long?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote