HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Kudos to the Calgary Flames and their fans

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2007, 02:00 AM
  #1
FissionFire
Registered User
 
FissionFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 10,613
vCash: 500
Kudos to the Calgary Flames and their fans

Excellent finish to a tough series. Lots of hitting and good ol' fashioned playoff hockey all around. We may have beaten you, but you made sure we wouldn't forget you. Thanks for pushing this team to the limit and bringing out a side of them most Wings fans never knew existed.

* Kudos to Miikka Kiprusoff. Once again you show why your name belongs not under Brodeur and Luongo, but alongside them.

* Kudos to Stephane Yelle. Your play reminded me of the old Avs rivalry days and you certainly did all the little things that go unnoticed by the fans.

* Kudos to Jarome Iginla for playing his heart out when everything was on the line. Nearly an hour of ice time over the the final two game. Hats off to you. No matter what others might say, you play with a passion and heart that would bring a tear to the eyes of old Gordie himself. You never quit and never back down and the NHL would be blessed to have more players with your dedication, character, and heart in the game.

* Kudos to the Calgary Flames team and organization. You've always run your team with class and it shows in the players. The incidents in Game 5 were such an aberration from everything representative of Flames hockey that I can't for a second think that any of the players, coaches, or executives looked on with anything but shock like the rest of us as it happened. Very sad when the shortcomings on the commissioners office and the referees lead to such an out-of-character display from such a classy franchise. Even though you lost the series, keep you heads up and know that you showed the entire world in what it means to be a Flame.

*Kudos to the fans of the Flames. You rock the Saddledome louder than a death metal concert. You pour your hearts and souls into your team and bleed red along with them. You try to rattle the other team and the refs. You epitomize what a true diehard fan is in the NHL. The ovation you gave both teams after the final goal in Game 6 was one of the classiest things I've ever seen in the NHL. No matter how hard-fought and bitter the series is, like the players you leave it all on the ice once the series ends and show respect for the players, and most importantly the game. Hold your heads high, because fans of every single team should look to you as an example of what a hockey fan should be.

No matter how much goes on between our teams, I can never find it in myself to hate your team or your fans. That much class just at the end of the day can only earn my respect. I hope we meet again next season in the Conference Finals (with the Wings winning, of course!).

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 02:02 AM
  #2
Tyrolean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Austria
Posts: 6,062
vCash: 500
I hate these types of posts.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 02:50 AM
  #3
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Excellent finish to a tough series. Lots of hitting and good ol' fashioned playoff hockey all around. We may have beaten you, but you made sure we wouldn't forget you. Thanks for pushing this team to the limit and bringing out a side of them most Wings fans never knew existed.

* Kudos to Miikka Kiprusoff. Once again you show why your name belongs not under Brodeur and Luongo, but alongside them.

* Kudos to Stephane Yelle. Your play reminded me of the old Avs rivalry days and you certainly did all the little things that go unnoticed by the fans.

* Kudos to Jarome Iginla for playing his heart out when everything was on the line. Nearly an hour of ice time over the the final two game. Hats off to you. No matter what others might say, you play with a passion and heart that would bring a tear to the eyes of old Gordie himself. You never quit and never back down and the NHL would be blessed to have more players with your dedication, character, and heart in the game.

* Kudos to the Calgary Flames team and organization. You've always run your team with class and it shows in the players. The incidents in Game 5 were such an aberration from everything representative of Flames hockey that I can't for a second think that any of the players, coaches, or executives looked on with anything but shock like the rest of us as it happened. Very sad when the shortcomings on the commissioners office and the referees lead to such an out-of-character display from such a classy franchise. Even though you lost the series, keep you heads up and know that you showed the entire world in what it means to be a Flame.

*Kudos to the fans of the Flames. You rock the Saddledome louder than a death metal concert. You pour your hearts and souls into your team and bleed red along with them. You try to rattle the other team and the refs. You epitomize what a true diehard fan is in the NHL. The ovation you gave both teams after the final goal in Game 6 was one of the classiest things I've ever seen in the NHL. No matter how hard-fought and bitter the series is, like the players you leave it all on the ice once the series ends and show respect for the players, and most importantly the game. Hold your heads high, because fans of every single team should look to you as an example of what a hockey fan should be.

No matter how much goes on between our teams, I can never find it in myself to hate your team or your fans. That much class just at the end of the day can only earn my respect. I hope we meet again next season in the Conference Finals (with the Wings winning, of course!).

Thanks. Good luck with your playoff run.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:07 AM
  #4
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate
 
Allen Degenerate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Country: Albania
Posts: 4,249
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
I hate these types of posts.
Agreed. It feels like gloating, but you can't say anything because it's worded nicely, and you'd look like a jerk.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 03:11 AM
  #5
PhoenixDog
Flamer for Life !!!
 
PhoenixDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
did anyone catch the final score?

what do you guys have to show? KLowe is a genius, at least he squeezed three 1st rounders out of NYI.

PhoenixDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 08:43 AM
  #6
chance
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
You know, normally I find trolling from other team's fans to be quite annoying, but there's something quite funny about an Oilers fan coming here to try to rub in the loss, after the year they've had.

Go back to your board where people might actually care about your insight (surely there's no shortage of Flames threads and discussions there to suit your needs), rather then coming here and looking like an idiot by copying/pasting the same post in 4 or 5 different threads.
You care obviously, Flames suck.

chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 10:00 AM
  #7
cbjfan97
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: nash-ville, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
i was rooting for the flames...i stayed up for the game last night and really felt calgary would win it.

you really have a great goalie guys...very jealous over here in columbus.

cbjfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 10:12 AM
  #8
Higgy4
Registered User
 
Higgy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
Agreed. It feels like gloating, but you can't say anything because it's worded nicely, and you'd look like a jerk.
Well then, to hell with you guys! You and your team stink to high heaven!

LOL

Higgy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 11:41 AM
  #9
EatSleepJeep
Registered User
 
EatSleepJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Des Moines, IA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,471
vCash: 500
I have a question about Flames fans I've had since the series started.

The Saddledome is red. At first I thought it was some sort of Red-out with T-shirts but I noticed those are all jerseys. Was there some sort of organized effort for everyone to wear red jerseys for games? Did the organization give away a red replica with every season ticket or something? It's an awesome effect and needs to be applauded from an aesthetic standpoint.

EatSleepJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 12:56 PM
  #10
Tont
Registered User
 
Tont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatSleepJeep View Post
I have a question about Flames fans I've had since the series started.

The Saddledome is red. At first I thought it was some sort of Red-out with T-shirts but I noticed those are all jerseys. Was there some sort of organized effort for everyone to wear red jerseys for games? Did the organization give away a red replica with every season ticket or something? It's an awesome effect and needs to be applauded from an aesthetic standpoint.

Each one of those jerseys was purchased by the individual, actually. The C of Red came about quite spontaneously as I recall. I was able to attend game 4 at the Dome, and while waiting in line in the bathroom I noticed only three (out of about thirty) people not wearing jerseys, and two of those guys were wearing red shirts. (What the hell was the guy in the blue fleece thinking?)

Anyways, thanks for the compliment, and good luck to your team tonight!

Tont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 01:05 PM
  #11
Wags
Registered User
 
Wags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatSleepJeep View Post
I have a question about Flames fans I've had since the series started.

The Saddledome is red. At first I thought it was some sort of Red-out with T-shirts but I noticed those are all jerseys. Was there some sort of organized effort for everyone to wear red jerseys for games? Did the organization give away a red replica with every season ticket or something? It's an awesome effect and needs to be applauded from an aesthetic standpoint.
It started with the run of 2004. The Flames had a new jersey that year, and seeing it was the first year for the red jerseys to be the home jersey, people went nuts and broke the sales record for hockey jersey's. They continue to be at or near the top of the jersey sales list. Only 1 jersey per playoff game was given out to someone who was ignorant enough to go to the game without any red on. I think its a side-effect of the booming economy of the city...too many people have too much money they don't know what to spend on

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 01:49 PM
  #12
The Big Jankowski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
The "C" of red started in 1986 for all the young'ns on board.

The Big Jankowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 02:04 PM
  #13
name
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
Agreed. It feels like gloating, but you can't say anything because it's worded nicely, and you'd look like a jerk.
It's not gloating, it's respect. Given what happened in 2004, all Wings fans should have plenty of respect for the Calgary Flames. Calgary can beat any team on any given day; they have a great goalie, a great captain, a hard-nosed attitude, and great fans.

name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 02:08 PM
  #14
FissionFire
Registered User
 
FissionFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 10,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
Agreed. It feels like gloating, but you can't say anything because it's worded nicely, and you'd look like a jerk.
Sorry, I was really trying to make sure nothing in the post was like gloating, because that's not the intent. I hope people don't take it like that. I wish the corporate snobs at Joe Louis Arena here in Detroit showed up with a fraction of the passion and heart these guys do. Every Wings fan was cheering for Colorado down the stretch to avoid playing a scary Flames team, and I can't really give a much bigger compliment than that.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 04:52 PM
  #15
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever
 
Phaneufed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Georgia
Posts: 4,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance View Post
You care obviously, Flames suck.
The thing is that if your an Oilers fan and say that "_____ sucks." it won't mean anything.

Also thanks for the post FissionFire..

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 06:55 PM
  #16
Grannys
Registered User
 
Grannys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London, UK
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
A big giant cheers to my favorite team and all the fans!!!!!!!

Cant wait for next season, hopefully a few good lineup changes over the summer will breathe some new light into the Flames and next season will rock.

A big cheers to Kipper for being just pure amazing against the Wings.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 09:13 AM
  #17
EatSleepJeep
Registered User
 
EatSleepJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Des Moines, IA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshed View Post
Each one of those jerseys was purchased by the individual, actually. The C of Red came about quite spontaneously as I recall. I was able to attend game 4 at the Dome, and while waiting in line in the bathroom I noticed only three (out of about thirty) people not wearing jerseys, and two of those guys were wearing red shirts. (What the hell was the guy in the blue fleece thinking?)

Anyways, thanks for the compliment, and good luck to your team tonight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
It started with the run of 2004. The Flames had a new jersey that year, and seeing it was the first year for the red jerseys to be the home jersey, people went nuts and broke the sales record for hockey jersey's. They continue to be at or near the top of the jersey sales list. Only 1 jersey per playoff game was given out to someone who was ignorant enough to go to the game without any red on. I think its a side-effect of the booming economy of the city...too many people have too much money they don't know what to spend on
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dion#3 View Post
The "C" of red started in 1986 for all the young'ns on board.

Thanks for the info. Like I said, it's an awesome sight to see that.

EatSleepJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 11:36 AM
  #18
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Fission and Higgy i enjoyed arguing and discussing things with you 2 during the series... but unffortunately you were the only 2 that really stood out to me as guys who could see things from other perspecitves... while we didnt always agree with what the other person said... i think we could agree that we always understood where they are coming from

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.