HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit vs. San Jose

View Poll Results: Detroit vs. San Jose: Who do you want to win
Detroit: I'm sick of the Central division bashing. 15 23.81%
Detroit: After round I, I dislike San Jose 9 14.29%
San Jose: I could never pull for Detroit. 15 23.81%
San Jose: I want the team that beat us to go all the way. 16 25.40%
Don't really care, Preds season is over. 8 12.70%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2007, 07:15 AM
naihlflames

vCash: 500
Detroit vs. San Jose

Who do you want to win and why?

Old
04-24-2007, 07:29 AM
RollingPredFan

Please destroy the Sharks, show a little divisional pride LOL

Old
04-24-2007, 07:38 AM
PredDave

San Jose needs to be shown a thing or two!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Go Red Wings!

Old
04-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Jarnberg

Can they both lose?

Old
04-24-2007, 08:58 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I dont care if the Sharks ever win a single game again. I want the Wings to demolish them.

Old
04-24-2007, 09:30 AM
PredsMan

I used to be one of those "Anybody but Detroit" guys.

I think today I will be a "Anybody but San Jose" guy.

Old
04-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Go Meteorite.

Old
04-24-2007, 12:41 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I hate both teams, but Detroit has done less to offend me this year. I hope the Wings wipe the smug look off Wilson's face, and the smug comments out of the Sharks' fans mouths.

Old
04-24-2007, 12:45 PM
FlameofTheWest

Thanks for the support guys, I really have a feeling after facing Kpper that Detroit ill be more ready for Nabby. Would you guys say that San Jose is more physical than Calgary? I think if San jose tries to out skill us it could play into Detroits hands.

Old
04-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I hate both teams, but Detroit has done less to offend me this year. I hope the Wings wipe the smug look off Wilson's face, and the smug comments out of the Sharks' fans mouths.
Agreed.

I also don't want to hear any more 'omg ur pointz r 2 high since u play n tha cental!11' and 'central sux'

Old
04-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameofTheWest View Post
Would you guys say that San Jose is more physical than Calgary? I think if San jose tries to out skill us it could play into Detroits hands.
Big yes, physical yes. Tough, not so much.

Old
04-24-2007, 01:22 PM
tulsytriduoy

Intresting thought

I wonder who in this series will get the calls. I bet San Jose won't get any 5 on 3's nor any 5 min. majors to work with. It has been interesting to watch other games and see the same plays not called for what we were called for. Oh wait I did see one dive called in the NJ/TB game 6. I am still undecided on whom to go for in this series. I lost a lot of respect for the way the Sharks from the Hartnell hit embellished every time we touched them. The "biggest" team in the league and they fell when the likes of little Nichol laid a bit of a cross-check on them. Bernie should win an Academy award for the way he bounced his head up against the glass. As much as this pains me GO WINGS and represent the "weak"(as the critics say) Central!!

Old
04-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Paincakes

Make the central look better. Itd be one less thing off our backs.

Old
04-24-2007, 02:21 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Big yes, physical yes. Tough, not so much.
be ready Wings fans, as soon as a Shark hits the ice and starts flopping around the refs will phone Toronto just to double check whether they should give a simple 2 minute penalty or the full 5.

Old
04-24-2007, 02:56 PM
FissionFire

I'd love to see Ron Wilson whine about Detroit playing too physical or dirty. Nobody in Toronto would take him seriously and the refs would point and laugh. It's like the law of opposites. You guys had a reputation so the calls were way overblown and lopsided against you meaning you couldn't play physcial without getting a penalty. The Wings reputation is as a soft skill team with no grit, so the refs seem to let us hit with impunity because "Hey, it's Detroit. Stop crying and hit the pansies".

Thanks for the support. I can only imagine how bad the taste in your mouth is when you are forced to say "Go Wings".....

Old
04-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytriduoy View Post
I wonder who in this series will get the calls. I bet San Jose won't get any 5 on 3's nor any 5 min. majors to work with. It has been interesting to watch other games and see the same plays not called for what we were called for.
Agreed. From the other games I've watched, I've seen similar hits or instances where we would have had a penalty called against us. Oh well.

Quote:
Bernie should win an Academy award for the way he bounced his head up against the glass.
I don't agree with this, I don't think he acted one bit. It was a bad hit.

Old
04-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Its going to be really funny seeing all the Shark fans complaining about Goalie Interference, late slashes, etc..........What is going to be even better is watching the Sharks get zero of the calls they were getting in the first series.

04-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Its going to be really funny seeing all the Shark fans complaining about Goalie Interference, late slashes, etc..........What is going to be even better is watching the Sharks get zero of the calls they were getting in the first series.
Agreed. If there is one team that usually gets favorable calls, its the Wings. Not knocking them, just pointing out. They have a solid reputation.

Old
04-24-2007, 03:17 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Agreed. If there is one team that usually gets favorable calls, its the Wings. Not knocking them, just pointing out. They have a solid reputation.
I think this played into our downfall, actually. This team developed a reputation for being careless, reckless, and dirty. Hordichuk had his issues last year with Scott Parker. Then this year, hi-light reel moments involving Nichol/Spacek and Tootoo/Robidas. And to make matters worse, the Hartnell/Cheechoo and Radulov/Bernier incidents in games 1 and 2 of the playoffs. That's 5 Sportscenter-worthy embarrassing moments for this franchise. And we were responsible for arguably two of the 5-10 dirtiest things in the '06/'07 NHL season.

After that, you are simply not going to get that many 'benefit of the doubt' calls. Teams perceived as dirty are, fair or not, not going to be given the leash that cleaner teams are given. Detroit, as a classy and clean hockey team on the whole, is going to get more calls than a team like Calgary, whose dirty and classless play brought about NHL rules changes out of the lockout. It's not why we lost to San Jose, but it was an issue, in my opinion. And I think it is something that Poile and/or Trotz must address in the coming season.

Old
04-24-2007, 04:02 PM
SJGoalie32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
What is going to be even better is watching the Sharks get zero of the calls they were getting in the first series.
I'd think not.

The Wings are a veteran team and eminently more disciplined. I'd be incredibly surprised to see Detroit taking stupid offensive zone penalties, and throwing elbows and cross-checks two and three seconds after the whistles have blown on an offsides or to end the period.

Old
04-24-2007, 04:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJGoalie32 View Post
I'd think not.

The Wings are a veteran team and eminently more disciplined. I'd be incredibly surprised to see Detroit taking stupid offensive zone penalties, and throwing elbows and cross-checks two and three seconds after the whistles have blown on an offsides or to end the period.
But the Predators, by the admission of many SJ fans...DID get called for things that other teams probably wouldn't have. The penalties we deserved...fine...but there were a good many that were "policing" calls. The Sharks won't get that benefit with the Wings.

Old
04-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Hazeltherabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post

Thanks for the support. I can only imagine how bad the taste in your mouth is when you are forced to say "Go Wings".....

Never! I would buy every players jersey on the sharks before I routed for the wangs. Go Sharks Go!!!!

Old
04-24-2007, 06:08 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Go Wings

Old
04-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Olaf

ohh man...I guess I will watch the first game and probably find somebody to pull for .....but with Wilson, Chelios, Maltby..etc... I think I might puke a few times.
Now that I think about it I might not be able to watch this series and just pull against the winners in the next round.

Old
04-24-2007, 07:46 PM
braindead

The only thing nearly as bad as losing to the Sharks last year was having to eat my words in saying we lost to a team that wouldn't lose again until the cup finals if at all.... then having to eat my words when they pussied out (can I say that on HF?) against the Oilers. Have the decency to go all the way if you're going to bounce us.

I won't be rooting for the Sharks but I will be rooting against the Red Wings, hoping they pull a Thrashers. That being said, I think the Wings will win it. Of course, I thought the Preds would beat the Sharks so don't take it to Vegas.

Closed Thread