HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

News on Brisebois and Theodore from Montreal

Old
04-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Lunachicken

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lunachicken
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra View Post
If Tortorella didnt have faith in Denis, then Q sure wont either.
Lets all cross our fingers that Q and his short sightedness with goalies will be dragging some other team down, hopefully someone in conference!

Lunachicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 08:55 PM
clavier71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
You are wrong. Theo hasn't run his mouth at all in Colorado, and accepted the backup role with as much class as anyone could ask for.
Yeah I know, I explained myself badly :-) What I meant: He just needs a team that gives him ice... To regain his form... Phoenix, Florida, Hartford, Winnipeg... Doesn't matter... He needs to play NHL hockey on regular bases.

clavier71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Horsehouse

more like AHL hockey on a regular basis

Horsehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 09:47 PM
clavier71

Yeah, atleast Hersey makes the PO.

clavier71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribs View Post
Yeah, atleast Hersey makes the PO.
Hey Ribs....are you still selling ?

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 09:03 AM
chiavsfan

I want just one rib

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavsfan View Post
I want just one rib
You got change for $100?

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

The best option for the Avs is to just buy the guy out. Quit screwing with trying to trade him. There are better and cheaper guys available (Giguere, Fernandez, Toskala or Nabokov) via trade than Theo. Just get his salary off the books and get some help at the positions you need help.

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 10:09 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBrad View Post
The best option for the Avs is to just buy the guy out. Quit screwing with trying to trade him. There are better and cheaper guys available (Giguere, Fernandez, Toskala or Nabokov) via trade than Theo. Just get his salary off the books and get some help at the positions you need help.
Buying him out doesn't "just get his salary off the books" though, we're still taking a cap hit in the 08-09 season almost equal to the Blake bonus everyone whines about this year. Food for thought, keeping Theo is also a good way of self-governing ourselves against overpaying UFAs and handcuffing ourselves with overpriced contracts a few years down the line.

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 11:34 PM
jaems

Plus I don't see the Avs quickly swapping itself from a team that just didn't make the playoffs, and had one of the worst defenses in the league allowing in a huge amount of goals, into a playoff-bound, playoff-contender, with a solid backend.

In other words, I don't see all our problems solved in one season. Hence, why buyout Theo so that we have salary issues hanging over our heads the season after next?

I'm not 100% sure if they're UFA next year, but if either Giguere or Nabokov go deep, they'll likely demand a heck of a lot more than they're making this year, which is definitely more than Theodore is making (hence: not cheaper).

jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteow View Post
Plus I don't see the Avs quickly swapping itself from a team that just didn't make the playoffs, and had one of the worst defenses in the league allowing in a huge amount of goals, into a playoff-bound, playoff-contender, with a solid backend.

In other words, I don't see all our problems solved in one season. Hence, why buyout Theo so that we have salary issues hanging over our heads the season after next?

I'm not 100% sure if they're UFA next year, but if either Giguere or Nabokov go deep, they'll likely demand a heck of a lot more than they're making this year, which is definitely more than Theodore is making (hence: not cheaper).
Giguere is a UFA at the end of this season. But he already makes in the ballpark of $4m. Nabokov is signed with the Sharks for a few more seasons I believe at about $5.3m. Neither is cheap and both are good. JS will probably command somewhere in the ballpark that Nabby is getting. I don't see either goalie being an option for us next season.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote