HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT | 4/25 | Rangers @ Sabres | 7:00pm | Game 1 | Versus

Old
04-25-2007, 09:47 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Let's humiliate these upstaters and force them back to bankruptcy.

Beat them up tonight, take em down in 6.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 09:47 AM
SML

I found this out there, whomever did it did a great job and if it's already been here, my apologies...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfQpFeWT4QI It really got me ready for this game...

GO RANGERS!!!!!!

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 09:49 AM
philbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Do you think they know Sean Avery's coming?
Sean Avery plays for us? Boy that sure slipped under the radar.

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 09:49 AM
philbo

C'mon boys keep your foot on the pedal!

Old
04-25-2007, 09:58 AM
SML

I just reread the site rules... I'll save you the trouble and kill it myself

Last edited by SML: 04-25-2007 at 10:06 AM.
SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Good luck tonight and in the series. Should be a great and I think you guys have a good shot at an upset, although I favor the Sabres. I also feel the same about our series, I give the Sens the edge, but I also believe we can upset them as well and meet again.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 10:03 AM
bogans

I would think Rachunek is back tonight, right?? So does that mean Pock sits? To be honest, I would almost rather have Pock in there, after game 1 of the Atlanta series he really settled down and played well in both ends.

I would also assume that Hollywood definitely rejoins the lineup and Orr sits against Buffalo, we need the speed and the hitting on the front line rather than the one punch knock outs, as much fun as that is to watch.

Whatever, I am sure Renney will do what is best for the team, lets take one in Buffalo today boys, lets set the tone in Game 1 and show them that a first round sweep is not flukey and we are not just a hot team, we deserve to be here!!!

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 10:05 AM
philbo

I admire the Sabres alot, I think they've done an awesome job constructing a dominant team for the new NHL, I also think Ruff has proven and continues to prove that he's one of the best coaches in the game in recent years.

However I'd really like to win this series to shut their fans up. I've never seen such a group of cocky, ego-inflated, non-humble, rose-colored glasses wearing, self-interested fans. It's one thing to be confident and excited by your own team but alot (not all) of their fans posting on our team forum pages this week really has changed my opinion of them.

So let's go Rangers!

Old
04-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
I admire the Sabres alot, I think they've done an awesome job constructing a dominant team for the new NHL, I also think Ruff has proven and continues to prove that he's one of the best coaches in the game in recent years.

However I'd really like to win this series to shut their fans up. I've never seen such a group of cocky, ego-inflated, non-humble, rose-colored glasses wearing, self-interested fans. It's one thing to be confident and excited by your own team but alot (not all) of their fans posting on our team forum pages this week really has changed my opinion of them.

So let's go Rangers!
Looks like they Avery'd you already

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 10:16 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
C'mon boys keep your foot on the pedal!

Yes Exactly, Keep the foot on the pedal, foot on the pedal, this is going to be a tough series.

Gonna miss the game, gotta work, but I got it DVR'd, keep the boards rockin boys.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 10:46 AM
J-Dawg

Back to chopping away, one game at a time!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!

J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 10:46 AM
dank

I gotta chime in here, with 7 hr 15 m left till game time and say one thing:

LET'S GO RANGERS!

sweet, short and simple..

directly to the head.. :-D

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 10:49 AM
its_millertime

Quote:

So let's go Rangers!
First, I am a sabres fan and I think this will be a great series with some serious emotions and it will be a long series. I think the problem our fans have is that all of a sudden nobody thinks our team has a chance anymore. Sean Avery is talking everyone's ears off and getting all the press. If you can show me any articles where the Sabres are talking about "bringing the pain" and "I hate each player more than the next" then I will shut up. The Sabres fans have been there all year and now on our websites we get all the Rags fans coming in and saying the Rags are too physical and the series will be over in 3 games yes 3 games.

its_millertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 10:53 AM
ryanloral

i know the fact of the four games we played against buffalo has been spoken about and also know how meaningless any regular season game is in contrast to the playoffs, but i can't get out of mind the fact we played this team when they were hot, the "cream of the crop" the first half of the 2006-07 season, and we otoh were just trying to find our footing, struggling to stay in first and having some success but no consistency. we had two goal leads in two of the games, including the snow storm game where buff came back and killed us, and another where i think drury beat us in OT. in another i think we came back after an early deficit to take them to either OT or a SO (i forget which one). and we played ozo in a few of the games and a.ward, granted before he became such a huge liability on the ice. not to mention weekes in goal for three games.

i am never really confident when it comes to our team as we've had that confidence blown to bits over the past ten years, but this team has shown more heart than any ranger team i have ever watched (since the '70s) and i hope i ain't blowin' smoke up my own butt (to maybe coin a metaphor or appropriate one already out there), but our guys i feel could take this team in 4 or 5 if we really limit mistakes, which always seem to end up in our net. and so much is made of buff rolling four lines. well, i think we've been doing that since march now and have had huge success with it, more than any team in the nhl over that span, so what the f are people talking about, using that as some kind of selling point for why that upstate team will win this series? bulls..t. avery has already gotten to them before the opening faceoff and our coach is also playing a little game which i am thoroughly enjoying (if that indeed is what he's doing. or maybe it's just renney being himself and nothing more should be read into it - NOT!!!!) i am so pumped about tonite. the only negative is the whole broadcast issue, versus in nyc having a horrendous picture on an hd tv, even though twcnyc has the option since april 1 to carry versus hd and they are not. and msg not picking up the canadian hd feed is just really annoying. that can easily be done and would make a lot of subscribers happy, but that's not the business of cable providers, to make people happy.

DROP THE PUCK AND KICK SOME BUTT IN BUFFALO TONITE, BOYS!!

ryanloral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 10:58 AM
dank

quick Q..

I don't have much experience with HD so.. will tonight's game be broadcast in HD on Versus, on a different channel or what not?

Albany Area, Time Warner, any clues on where i could find this?

any clue to specific channels?

Last edited by dank: 04-25-2007 at 11:05 AM.
dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 10:59 AM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Time to walk the walk after talking the talk.....

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 11:00 AM
ryanloral

it's a versus exclusive broadcast

ryanloral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Midnight85

Send a message via AIM to Midnight85 Send a message via MSN to Midnight85
You all see that Sean Avery has been proclaimed Demi-God by Sabres fans everywhere!

I can't wait, seven hours and counting.

Midnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 11:08 AM
philbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_millertime View Post
First, I am a sabres fan and I think this will be a great series with some serious emotions and it will be a long series. I think the problem our fans have is that all of a sudden nobody thinks our team has a chance anymore. Sean Avery is talking everyone's ears off and getting all the press. If you can show me any articles where the Sabres are talking about "bringing the pain" and "I hate each player more than the next" then I will shut up. The Sabres fans have been there all year and now on our websites we get all the Rags fans coming in and saying the Rags are too physical and the series will be over in 3 games yes 3 games.
I'm talking on OUR board, and I personally have shown you, your fan base, and most especially your Sabres all the respect they deserve for being the lead horse all season, and now in the dance as well. I'm just tired of several (not all) Sabre fans posting on OUR board not returning that respect, and not aknowledging that our squad has been one of the best teams in the second half, but that seems to be too much to ask, so.... so be it.

Old
04-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
A: Buffalo fans are welcome to join in the discussion, but I am warning them all that any post that events hints of flaming, trolling or an attempt to lure a Ranger fan into a unrinating contest will result in an instant thread ban. Second offenses will result in a forum ban. Please let the mods deal with trolls. Responding to them only makes the problem worse and makes more work for mods.

B: Respectful Buffalo "guests" are expected to be treated with a certain level of respect in return. Ranger fans who want to turn a pertinent discussion into a flame fest will also face the consequences.

This is not a response to you BigE, only a blanket disclaimer.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 11:18 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Come on guys — lets talk about the game not about the fans.

04-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Clock

Quote:
I'm just tired of several (not all) Sabre fans posting on OUR board not returning that respect, and not aknowledging that our squad has been one of the best teams in the second half, but that seems to be too much to ask, so.... so be it.
And the Sabres board feel exactly the same way. You should go read some of the stuff over there. There are dudes over there talking about how Avery is going to beat us by himself and how we're in for a really rude awakening ad nauseum, and if anyone says anything against that we're suddenly cocky / arrogant / whatever. Not everyone, of course, but hopefully everyone realizes this isn't a one-sided affair by any stretch. The trolls are out in force on both sides.

Anyhow, here's to a good series... I think we're in for a good one! Ruff has said his strategy for today's game is to open the offense up a little, so you guys should have opportunities for some transition play. Should be pretty exciting to watch.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 11:37 AM
The Big Apple

LETS GO RANGERS I hope we sweep them.....

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 11:41 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
This thread is not going to become a pissing match between fans. Respectful Sabres fans are more than welcome to post here. That said, this is a Ranger board and pro-Ranger bias should be expected and respected.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 11:52 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That said, this is a Ranger board and pro-Ranger bias should be expected and respected.
And ENFORCED!!!

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote