HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Opinion: Kaberle is a Goner

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2004, 01:14 PM
wasting time

vCash: 500
Quinn at the press conference last night said that he opposes getting rid of youth for this trade deadline.

Old
02-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
If the price for Gonchar is Colaiacovo, Stajan or Antropov and a pick (say 2nd) then I don't do it. Unless of course McPhee is willing to consider Kaberle as an option and/or Witt is available.

I could handle:
Kaberle and a first for Gonchar

or

Kaberle and Colaiacovo for Gonchar and Witt

something like that.
Agree in part but I would never include both Kabs and Carlo in the same deal as the purpose of upping the offer to Washington would be to include the proven Kaberle rather than the unproven Colaiacovo.. and I would want Witt as well in the package if i was moving Kaberle ...because if it was your first option I am not sure Toronto improves as much as they need to ... and kabs is 4 1/2 years younger and cheaper..

Old
02-22-2004, 01:20 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Quinn at the press conference last night said that he opposes getting rid of youth for this trade deadline.
The Jackass didn't think that last year ... Now when someone else is in charge he is all in favour of a youth movement ....this coming from a guy who loves his vets ... a bit of a hypocrit IMO....

Old
02-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
listening to his exact words several times over, an argument could be made that Quinn was talking about Kaberle's recent play, not the year, and that the grading he was referring to was perhaps on a game to game grading scale. You have to keep in mind that when I recorded the comments I was working on something else and wrote down what I heard as I remembered it. For example, I thought the moderator was Harry Neale, not Joe Bowen. Oops.

Still, I have never heard Quinn say this about a player before.
Thanks, its nice to see people as dedicated as you are, even though we may disagree on certain fronts.

Closed Thread