HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: NYS Trooper killled hunting suspect

Old
04-25-2007, 12:43 PM
SML

vCash: 500
OT: NYS Trooper killled hunting suspect

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18309191/

Man, it's been a rough year for the troopers. I have some friends I'm hoping are alright right now. I was at Trooper Longobardo's funeral and hoped not to be at another one of those for a long, long time. Thoughts to the family and loved ones...

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18309191/

Man, it's been a rough year for the troopers. I have some friends I'm hoping are alright right now. I was at Trooper Longobardo's funeral and hoped not to be at another one of those for a long, long time. Thoughts to the family and loved ones...
I just got that news as well... it has been a rough year for troopers and Central NY police officers. The killer of Utica police officer Thomas Lindsey is still on the loose as well. Lindsey was shot in the head during a routine traffic stop a couple weeks ago.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 12:50 PM
in the hall

gotta admit, i hate troopers, they are the biggest ass-holes i have ever encountered but thats sad, hope they find the person and he gets his

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 12:58 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
gotta admit, i hate troopers, they are the biggest ass-holes i have ever encountered but thats sad, hope they find the person and he gets his
Well, most people hate police until they need them. They don't like people telling them they can't do things until they need them to stop someone from doing something to them. Young guys have a natural aversion to police and authority in general. When you have a few grey hairs and actually own something you worked hard for and is worth protecting, your point of view changes a little. No disrespect, it's not like I know you, but I'm guessing you're a younger guy to make a blanket statement of that nature in a situation like this.

Old
04-25-2007, 02:51 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Well, most people hate police until they need them. They don't like people telling them they can't do things until they need them to stop someone from doing something to them. Young guys have a natural aversion to police and authority in general. When you have a few grey hairs and actually own something you worked hard for and is worth protecting, your point of view changes a little. No disrespect, it's not like I know you, but I'm guessing you're a younger guy to make a blanket statement of that nature in a situation like this.
no, i like police and respect them. my sisters ex husband was a police officer and the person i split seasons with is a detective.. well the son in law of the person is, he gets the tickets

i have encountered state troopers twice in my life and both times were not good

first time they set up a trap right off the GCP during rush hour so traffic was heavy and it was also pouring, and were pulling everyone over for whatever reason.. so one guy walks up to my car (traffic was that slow) and he tells me to pull over in the triangle so i do that (with about 4 other cars)

he gave me a ticket for LEDs on my hood, tinted windows were like .2 too dark or something so he gave me a ticket for that.. they are hardly dark for the record.. and the MFer had the nerve to give me a ticket for crossing zebra stripes, to which i did only because thats where he told me to pull over

needless to say that ticket was dropped, but my still point remains and the only thing those dumbasses accomplished was giving me a great dislike for them

the next encounter was in NJ and i was speeding so i don't mind so much but he was a complete ass, maybe its just routine but he was over the top.. i mean the guy his hand on his gun the entire time and when i went to get my wallet out he kept telling me not to move, and had me open all my windows.. just ridiculous

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 03:34 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
My cousin's wife's brother-in-law is an Ohio State Trooper. He's a bit of a lunkhead - the kind of guy who buys what he's told by powers-that-be without ever thinking about it - but his heart is definitely in the right place. I'm sure that he and his colleagues are very brave and want to protect the public.

My condolences go out to this trooper's family.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 04:19 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I hope they catch that piece of crap soon and let him rot away his next 60 years in prison while getting a daily beadown from the prison guards so he never forgets what he did.

My condolences to his family.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 04:20 PM
lotus

Yeah State Troopers pick on me all the time, It's a miracle if i make a month through my commute not being pulled over in my car. But despite it all you do know they all have their hearts in the right place, no matter who you are you know that. Sad to hear.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 04:36 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I don't know if it has to do with age as much as personal experience. I personally was assaulted by police officers when I told them to stop harassing me abou a "drug dealer" acquaintance of mine (actually a devout Muslim). I am 21, and have the scars to prove it. I also have friends who have been beaten/incarcerated unjustly. That said, I know not all cops are that way.

It's sad when anyone dies, but when you choose a profession of public defense, you know you're putting your life on the line.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I hope they catch that piece of crap soon and let him rot away his next 60 years in prison while getting a daily beadown from the prison guards so he never forgets what he did.

My condolences to his family.
The house he is in is totally engulfed in flames. Staties gassed the house about 10 minutes ago, and about 5 minutes after that flames appeared. A total cluster looks like. Rumour has it a fire-fighter got shot, too, but totally unconfirmed. This is taking place SE of Binghamton on the edge of the Catskill park.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 05:16 PM
lotus

omg this is nuts. channel 7ABC for me. That house is blazin.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 05:23 PM
shoothepuck

From the reports out of Margartetsville, lucky for one of the Troopers he had his vest on, but it sounds like a big cluster-**** up there

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 05:31 PM
SML

wow, those "weekenders" just took a total loss. That house is completely engulfed. My guess is that guy isn't coming out alive.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:58 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
wow, those "weekenders" just took a total loss. That house is completely engulfed. My guess is that guy isn't coming out alive.
F him let him cook!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 06:15 PM
JerseyRangers

I hope the piece of crap survives with 3rd degree burns over most of his body and suffers for a couple of months before finally expiring!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 07:11 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
I hope the piece of crap survives with 3rd degree burns over most of his body and suffers for a couple of months before finally expiring!
Hmmmmmmmm, I guess I could live with that.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Sucks about the house, but hopefully that ******* was still alive inside when it started burning up. Good riddance.

Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 09:42 PM
ThirdEye

I still don't understand how such horrible things can happen. Really, what is going on in these peoples heads?

I guess it's just something you have to accept. There will always be one or two *******s that ruin it for everyone every so often and there's really not much you can do. Just hope it doesn't happen

Very saddening

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote