HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

O/T please respond

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2007, 05:09 PM
bleedrngrblue

vCash: 500
O/T please respond

Gang. I don't have any agenda other than supporting our troops here, my son in law is in Iraq right now. PLEASE do everything you can to make it LOUD AND CLEAR , that the troops need to be supported, and not screwed around with in regard to funding them. Senator Reid and Nancy Pelosi have got it wrong. The troops come first! Then talk your political view, but DO NOT link the two. Our troops are counting on us...please try to contact your senators and tell them to fund the troops.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:25 PM
RinkOnEStreet

Trying to get our boys (and girls) home as quickly as possible is the ultimate support.

Do not buy into the GOP Machine's BS about calling for a withdrawl being equvilant to not supporting the troops.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Stoney La Rock

IMHO, the troops haven't been funded correctly from the beginning...but anyway, you're right. Our representatives need to hear from us. Thanks to your son-in-law for the sacrifices he's making, and best of luck to your family.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:28 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
I'm an Iraqi vet.
RinkOnEStreet is right, IMO.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:30 PM
danman1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylib View Post
I'm an Iraqi vet.
I think so too.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:31 PM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylib View Post
I'm an Iraqi vet.
Thank you for your service.

I hope the rest of the boys overseas know and understand where us left - minded folks are coming from.

Of course we support the troops in every sense of the word, we just don't support the war. A timetable for withdrawl is the greatest gift Congress could give to this country.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:33 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkOnEStreet View Post
Trying to get our boys (and girls) home as quickly as possible is the ultimate support.

Do not buy into the GOP Machine's BS about calling for a withdrawal being equvilant to not supporting the troops.
Last time I'm going to agree with a Rangers fan for awhile, methinks, but this is dead on. The GOP hasn't supported the troops one iota. Aside from denying countless numbers of returning troops any financial support due to "mental illnesses" that went unnoticed during recruitment, making troops pay for their own laundry, uniforms, etc., cutting vet benefits,....the list goes on and on.

The hype machine is simply for-profit.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:34 PM
mnorman1

Send a message via AIM to mnorman1
Quote:
Do not buy into the GOP Machine's BS about calling for a withdrawl being equvilant to not supporting the troops.

But wait, it's not BS, since the bill is cutting funding before taking them home. If the withdrawl were seperate, that's a different story, but those that are making this bill are proposing the opposite.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:36 PM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
Last time I'm going to agree with a Rangers fan for awhile, methinks, but this is dead on. The GOP hasn't supported the troops one iota. Aside from denying countless numbers of returning troops any financial support due to "mental illnesses" that went unnoticed during recruitment, making troops pay for their own laundry, uniforms, etc., cutting vet benefits,....the list goes on and on.

The hype machine is simply for-profit.
Not to mention the Walter Reed disaster.

The people who need to start supporting the troops are the ones who sit in the White House.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:38 PM
bleedrngrblue

I distinctly said this wasn't about politics, it was about making sure there was no timetable linked to funding.....don't you get it. The troops need the money. I don't give a crap about anything else. I want my relatives and yours to have the best and safest equipment available. I don't want more death due to lack of funding, and that is exactly what will happen. We all want our troops home as soon as possible! Putting a timetable in front of defense appropriations is just WRONG!

Old
04-25-2007, 05:39 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:

The people who need to start supporting the troops are the ones who sit in the White House.
This has nothing to do with partisan politics.....what are you not getting?

Old
04-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Nich

Quote:

i agree completely. hell i think it would have been a lot more support to not risk the lives of those heros who are willing to risk it all on a command for a illegal war.

i thank any of you who have served this country.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:43 PM
RFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorman1 View Post
But wait, it's not BS, since the bill is cutting funding before taking them home. If the withdrawl were seperate, that's a different story, but those that are making this bill are proposing the opposite.
Do you honestly believe that the Dems would leave the troops or not fund them to survive? Don't fall for either sides propaganda, NO ONE WILL BE LEFT BEHIND, NO ONE!!!!!!!

Also, for all that have served, Thank YOU!

Old
04-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
I distinctly said this wasn't about politics, it was about making sure there was no timetable linked to funding.....don't you get it. The troops need the money. I don't give a crap about anything else. I want my relatives and yours to have the best and safest equipment available. I don't want more death due to lack of funding, and that is exactly what will happen. We all want our troops home as soon as possible! Putting a timetable in front of defense appropriations is just WRONG!
i disagree seeing that all that is going to happen is we will have troops there for over the next 10 years...hence putting more of our troops in harms way.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:44 PM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
This has nothing to do with partisan politics.....what are you not getting?
This has everything to do with partisan politics. What good is funding and armour and ammuntions if the troops are stationed in a hostile warzone forever?

Unless we withdraw from Iraq in a timely fashion, everyone there is going to be killed or injured and we will enter a cycle of replacing the dead and dying with new fresh bodies to be sacraficed.

It is about time someone stood up to the President and his accomplices who feel that they can run the Untied States Military as if it were a game of Risk.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:45 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
i disagree seeing that all that is going to happen is we will have troops there for over the next 10 years...hence putting more of our troops in harms way.
OK so then screw the troops over there right...thats your angle! I say screw the two party system and support our troops!

Old
04-25-2007, 05:48 PM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
OK so then screw the troops over there right...thats your angle! I say screw the two party system and support our troops!
Nobody here is saying that they DON'T support the troops.

However, your logic is flawed.

It isn't fair to say that we should stay in a holding patern until your son - in - law is returned home safely. The US people need to stand up to the President and his meandering war sometime, and what time is better than now? The US people voted the Democratic Party into office because they were fed up with the direction of this country and this war. The time to change it is now.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:48 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
This has everything to do with partisan politics. What good is funding and armour and ammuntions if the troops are stationed in a hostile warzone forever?

Unless we withdraw from Iraq in a timely fashion, everyone there is going to be killed or injured and we will enter a cycle of replacing the dead and dying with new fresh bodies to be sacraficed.

It is about time someone stood up to the President and his accomplices who feel that they can run the Untied States Military as if it were a game of Risk.
I suppose its better to leave them helpless and defenseless with no bullets or insufficient equipment ! Bush is gone in another year and a half. Wake up....supporting the troops is the important part. Those that are there are suffering now due to lack of funds! I could give a **** less if they come back in a week or 20 years....while they are there I want them to have everything they need to do their job.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Crease

My college buddy's older brother has been in Iraq for over a year now as a Scout. They just extended his duty beyond what he signed up for and he won't be coming home for another three months. If something happens to him during this extended time...

Old
04-25-2007, 05:51 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Nobody here is saying that they DON'T support the troops.

However, your logic is flawed.

It isn't fair to say that we should stay in a holding patern until your son - in - law is returned home safely. The US people need to stand up to the President and his meandering war sometime, and what time is better than now? The US people voted the Democratic Party into office because they were fed up with the direction of this country and this war. The time to change it is now.
Your LOGIC is flawed. MY SON IN LAW is not the single soldier in harms way. There will be lots more after him who will not have proper equipment if they don't get their funds. NO WHERE did I say fund them till my Son in Law comes home. Typical twist of the truth. Can't you leave partisanship out of it.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:52 PM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
I suppose its better to leave them helpless and defenseless with no bullets or insufficient equipment ! Bush is gone in another year and a half. Wake up....supporting the troops is the important part. Those that are there are suffering now due to lack of funds! I could give a **** less if they come back in a week or 20 years....while they are there I want them to have everything they need to do their job.
..and there is where your logic is fatally flawed. An occupation of 20 years would result in the death of tens of thousands of American troops and not to mention COUNTLESS innocent Iraqis.

This is why the stand must be made NOW against the war. Reduced funding for a short period of time until the safe return of all the boys is a small price to pay in order to get them home.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:53 PM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
Your LOGIC is flawed. MY SON IN LAW is not the single soldier in harms way. There will be lots more after him who will not have proper equipment if they don't get their funds. NO WHERE did I say fund them till my Son in Law comes home. Typical twist of the truth. Can't you leave partisanship out of it.
..but there doesn't have to be!!! What about that don't you get? We can bring these boys home soon enough..this legislation is only a small, but vital, part to bringing them home.

Old
04-25-2007, 05:54 PM
pavvento

God bless the troops, bring them back safely!

Old
04-25-2007, 05:54 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease29 View Post
My college buddy's older brother has been in Iraq for over a year now as a Scout. They just extended his duty beyond what he signed up for and he won't be coming home for another three months. If something happens to him during this extended time...
I hear you LIMA Charlie! Its cheaper to extend deployment than to keep swapping out units at shorter intervals...this is part of whats happening .But I'm sure someone will be proving me wrong here momentarily. Gotta defend the party, instead of supply the troops in the best possible way!

Old
04-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Lack of funds? US500+ billion $...

"Support the troops" is probably the worst and most desperate argument for the war i've ever heard. Just another way to try and make people stop asking difficult questions.

Closed Thread