Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where the hell was Kristian Hesulius?

Old
04-25-2007, 07:22 AM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Talk about bandwagoners. He has a salary of $1.4 million(!) and last playoffs he had 6 points in 7 games. Can you imagine that athletes have something called "form", which varies for various reasons? Finding your pace again against a team like Detroit isn't the easiest thing you can imagine. Most players in Calgary produced less points than usual, this is the playoffs.

Sure, he had a tough playoff, his second in his career, but he isn't the first. You can whine when he has a salary of $6 million and doesn't do squat I think.

Last edited by Chimp: 04-25-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
He has a salary of $1.4 million(!)
Which could be used toward '07-'08 Ryan Smyth's salary...

Badger Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Talk about bandwagoners. He has a salary of $1.4 million(!) and last playoffs he had 6 points in 7 games. Can you imagine that athletes have something called "form", which varies for various reasons? Finding your pace again against a team like Detroit isn't the easiest thing you can imagine. Most players in Calgary produced less points than usual, this is the playoffs.

Sure, he had a tough playoff, his second in his career, but he isn't the first. You can whine when he has a salary of $6 million and doesn't do squat I think.
the Salary doesnt mean anything... if Lundqvist let had a GAA of 4.25 and the Rangers got swept would Rangers fans not be pissed off about his contributions?... im pretty sure they would...

but since he only makes a rookie salary you would have no right to do so

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Who cares how much money he makes? Hus makes almost as much as Friesen, but no one expected Friesen to be the bigger contributor. Jus was soft and his scoring punch and puck possession were nonexistent, when they helped Calgary develop depth scoring this year. He was good last playoffs, but I was really disappointed this year that after 6 games he didn't make any noticeable, meaningful adjustments to his game to allow him to be a factor. Unless he was hurt, he was just forgetable.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 07:14 PM
CBanana

Chances are that if we don't have Huselius, Colorado gets in and we miss the playoffs.

Huselius's flaws during the series were that he couldn't win most of the one on one battles most of the time. His backchecking during game 2 was terrible. When he did do well, he was still a hair away from putting up a point (Iginla hitting the crossbar; Moss getting robbed by Hasek). I'll chalk it up to an old fashioned slump and some bad luck since he did far better last year in the playoffs. It seems he was slumping in the last few games of the regular season.

At any rate unless a team is willing to overpay for him, I'll welcome him back in a Flames uniform. Unless we rob a team, trading him only makes sense in a rebuilding mode.

CBanana is offline   Reply With Quote