HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Doug MacLean Appreciation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Nordique

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurKOWrock View Post
There couldn't have been anyone better in the NHL to create interest and support for a new franchise.

There couldn't have been anyone worse in the NHL to build a team.

That should sum it up
The problem with the way he built the team was how he changed his mind every year about the roster. The man loved to deal and that imo hindered any long term continuity of the roster. In the last 5 years we've brought a lot more players in and out of the locker room than say Minnesota or Nashville.

Last edited by Nordique: 04-23-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old
04-23-2007, 09:06 PM
The Dancin' Beaver

Send a message via Yahoo to The Dancin' Beaver
Keeping to a Civil War theme:

MaClean = McClellan?

Both of them built something they had no clue how to use effectively. Not to mention the ego thing.

Old
04-25-2007, 10:32 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Gimme a break on this Doug MacLean bashing..

We won a few to many games in the early going... taking us out of prime draft position, and we lost a few to many games in the last couple seasons.

To be a new franchise and not to have ended up with a Spezza, Ovechkin, Crosby or Malkin most surely sucks... We drafted eighth in our second draft for gosh sakes.. unheard of.. then took LeClaire because he was the BPA

The really bad..We over spent on Marchant, Cassels, Richardson, LaChance, Hook.. didn't keep Whitney, Got the best snow job of the world on Jan Calloon, Kron, and the Russian RW whose name escapes me.. then followed all this up by overspending on Sergei & Foote... and Carter.

This gives me gas.. lets face it, besides drafting a few no brainers in the first rounds Doug missed the mark on most of his decisions.. and the buck stops there.

Old
04-26-2007, 07:37 AM
3mta3

So this WAS an appreciation thread when it was new and shiny and Shelf deleted posts not keeping with the theme. I guess it is a free for all now...

Old
04-26-2007, 07:43 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mta3 View Post
So this WAS an appreciation thread when it was new and shiny and Shelf deleted posts not keeping with the theme. I guess it is a free for all now...
Yep..guess its time to close the puppy down.

Hey...wouldn't be a Doug MacLean appreciation thread if it didn't turn to bashing the man I guess.

Good luck Doug.

Closed Thread