HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

4th Line Idea

Old
04-26-2007, 01:34 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Agree that the second line stunk but the first line never got anything going either. We've been used to seeing them down low cycling the puck for a minute and a half sometimes and wearing down the other teams d. Buffalo's defense moves the puck much better than Atlanta's and they got much better support from their forwards. Result was first line was pretty much ineffective. And when that line is ineffective it is going to effect the rest of the team. Losing Roszival really hurt though. It would be like Buffalo losing Campbell its most effective puck moving d-man on the one hand--at the same time disrupting our pairings. That is why if Roszival is able to go I agree with dressing Pock on the fourth line for game 2--not having anything to do with Hollweg not doing his job though. I don't think he was the problem at all.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 01:35 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Yep, I wouldn't be surprised if they let him walk with little to no attempt to retain him and filled his role with a Dubinsky type player.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm not sure Orts would sign. He's a UFA and certainly would want to test the market.

04-26-2007, 01:45 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm not sure Orts would sign. He's a UFA and certainly would want to test the market.
really? What could he possibly expect to get in the open market? Blair Betts is a better player than him, is two years younger, has more points than him and is a center and he signed a 2 year extension for 650k per. How much more coudl Ortmeyer expect? He is a 4th line winger.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 01:48 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
really? What could he possibly expect to get in the open market? Blair Betts is a better player than him, is two years younger, has more points than him and is a center and he signed a 2 year extension for 650k per. How much more coudl Ortmeyer expect? He is a 4th line winger.
I don't know what he could get. But I was him, I'd like to find out.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
see ya jed.....

The Rangers are in a postion that at least 6 players could take his minutes and play just as well...if not better...if not much better....

Ortmeyer is what he is...a decent 4th liner and good penalty killer...he had no business on the 3rd line this year...

Let him test the free agent market...let him sign someplace else...he was a nice placeholder..BUT his time has come and gone...IMHO

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 02:27 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
see ya jed.....

The Rangers are in a postion that at least 6 players could take his minutes and play just as well...if not better...if not much better....

Ortmeyer is what he is...a decent 4th liner and good penalty killer...he had no business on the 3rd line this year...

Let him test the free agent market...let him sign someplace else...he was a nice placeholder..BUT his time has come and gone...IMHO
I don't disagree.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Nich

honestly, i don't expect to see orts or shanny next year in rangers blue.

i say you give prucha a chance to take shanny's spot...if not him, then either dawes or cally...the two who don't make it, say hi to matt cullen, your new line mate!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 07:57 AM
schmieder44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
3rd line was the best line last night. I hate that Renney is giving them so little ice time. Say what you want, but there was 44:11 of even stength time in this game. Therefore, if line 2 was playing a stinker of a game, why was Avery out for 12.5 minutes but Callahan for 9, Prucha for 7 and Cullen for 10? This is all even strength BTW.

Yeah they were all close, but if a line is playing like crap on a given night, and another line is playing well, you give the line that's playing good more ice time, not less or about the same.

We take less penalties we will see more of them.

schmieder44 is offline   Reply With Quote