HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT | 4/25 | Rangers @ Sabres | 7:00pm | Game 1 | Versus

Old
04-26-2007, 02:03 PM
ThirdEye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead1213 View Post
You'll be hearing plenty of him over the next three games. Maybe he'll grow on you.
I guess your right, he can grow on people.

Kind of like a brain tumor

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 02:06 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
if Shanny slowed Vanek down, wouldn't that have been interference?
Got to do it by proper positioning. It is impossible to do if you just gliding back. You've got to rush back obtain the defensive position. The entire team was kinda relaxed. It is hard to play against someone who is young and fast. But true leaders can show the rest how to overcome the adversity. That is why it's hard to lead when you're old and slow. It is possible, however. We must see different Shanahan Fri, I bet.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 02:41 PM
blue425

I'm a little late to the party, but last night the better team won. Not because we didn't play well, they beat us. End of story.

So what if the rest of the game was even. We can't open the flood gates for three minutes and expect to win. Not against the Sabres.

Heres to a win tomorrow!

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 02:56 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
whatever we talked all this junk and they took us to the woodshed. however, the refs were kind not calling all the holding they did on jagr. but any little break was given to buffalo. i mean buffalo... boy is the league really stupid or what?

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead1213 View Post
5 times to be exact. Music to my ears.
WOW. someone needs to shut this guy up. man he is annoying.
Not the poster. the guy in the audio

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Ddubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
WOW. someone needs to shut this guy up. man he is annoying.
Not the poster. the guy in the audio
"Damn you vile person"

Hahaha, I made a funny.

Yea, sometimes rick can be a little overkill.

Ddubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 03:21 PM
bathgate

In game one, the better team won. Nevertheless, if the Rangers can control the neutral zone so the Sabre forwards do not generate speed, we can win the series. I am concerned with Rachunek and Mara. Both looked very slow against their speed sters. Slow down the pace, some puck possession and the series will turn.

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 03:45 PM
JD SabreFan

Send a message via AIM to JD SabreFan
You guys amaze me sometimes. Why in the world would the NHL want Buffalo, a small-market team, to win it all? Dont you think if they had a say in anything during the game that they would swing it towards a larger market team so they could make more profit?

JD SabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 04:27 PM
jgrangers2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD SabreFan View Post
You guys amaze me sometimes. Why in the world would the NHL want Buffalo, a small-market team, to win it all? Dont you think if they had a say in anything during the game that they would swing it towards a larger market team so they could make more profit?
Just ignore the people who blame everything on the refs. I thought the officiating was pretty good, the Rangers just took a lot of really stupid penalties. There is no reason why the NHL would not want the Rangers to go as deep as they can.

Simply put, the Rangers need to get better in their own zone and find a way to stop the speed of the Sabres. We just seemed lazy with the puck at times in our own zone where we had plenty of room to make a play or pass and just seemed to pass the puck to a Buffalo player on the blue line. Rachunek needs to step it up in game 2 or, assuming Roszival is healthy, we need to see Pock back in there in game 3.

jgrangers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 04:27 PM
GarretJoseph

Quote:

shock and awe brother.

why exactly did the nhl shut down for a season? oh yeah.. small market teams... right.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
yeah, it stupid. the refs weren't even that bad.

Old
04-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Fletch

without getting into an argument about Shanny being a leader, or not, I think you can be just about any age and be a leader. The leader does not have to be the best player on the ice to be effective. Heck, your ultimate leader is the coach who never steps on the ice. I've never been a professional athlete, or in the lockerroom when a captain takes his team to the task, so sometimes it's difficult for me to understand, but I think there are people who can be effective in a lockerroom, and on the bench, and on the ice without being the best player, or even a great or very good player, on the ice.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Fletch

Garret...

I would think that the NHL would love to have a large market team go to the finals, especially in hopes of boosting ratings, profile, etc.

Old
04-26-2007, 06:27 PM
future consideration

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Kotalik's goal was just a lucky shot.
I beg to differ. He has a excellent shot and beat Hank clean.

future consideration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 06:52 PM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

hmmm .........

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 06:55 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post

hmmm .........

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 06:57 PM
andorj78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
If Jeanneret is "music to your ears" I'd hate to hear the music you listen to...

I think the only thing that sounds better than a drawn out Jeanneret goal call is all the whiny *****ing opposition fans do about it.

andorj78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 07:00 PM
jgrangers2

Quote:

hmmm .........
First of all, I have to admit that that's very clever.

However, anyone who honestly thinks the NHL would want Buffalo to win this series is out of their mind. As Tim Cowlishaw said yesterday on Around the Horn, hockey's biggest boost in recent history was the Rangers winning the cup in '94 because it got New York City back into hockey. As for the officiating yesterday, it was called pretty well I thought, they really only called the obvious things and most of the obvious calls were simply on the Rangers.

jgrangers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
I would think that the NHL would love to have a large market team go to the finals, especially in hopes of boosting ratings, profile, etc.
you can also make the argument that the league wants a small market team to win to draw expansion investors or relocation investors..

"look future kansas city owner the buffalo sabres won the stanley cup you don't need to be from a big market...the salary cap works...parody...blah blah blah"

Now...

I think it's complete BS that the ref's are biased...I also think the Sabres used the draft well and made the right trades....If they end up being the better team the Rangers players, coaches, even fans can't point to the refs....it's classless...it cries of being a sore loser....

I don't know...it's been a long day...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Fletch

SoS...

I had that in my original e-mail, but erased it since with everything, you can easily see it both ways. On the franchises, all you have to do is show you can make money and they will come. Having Carolina and Edmonton in a finals could go a long way to attracting other cities, and convince them that the league is moving closer to parity. Not sure if Buffalo needs to beat today's Rangers in the playoffs - having the NYC market (i.e., NJ./NY) would be a boom to the business.

Old
04-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Fletch

On refs being biased..

I will say it's a natural inclination. That's human nature. I won't say if they're for Buff or against the Rangers, but it's to be expected. These guys have a job, but are fans too.

Old
04-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Avery Ranger Fan

Quote:

hmmm .........
THAT'S GREAT!!......

Avery Ranger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 10:33 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by future consideration View Post
I beg to differ. He has a excellent shot and beat Hank clean.
That doesn't defeat my point . It compliments it. Kotalik does have an excellent shot. Lundqvist was just a bit off in his position and left the far top corner open. Kotalik threw the puck right there. Skills? Sure, but if you ask any player, including Kotalik, they will say it was a big time luck.

Old
04-27-2007, 10:44 AM
94now

Quote:
without getting into an argument about Shanny being a leader, or not, I think you can be just about any age and be a leader. The leader does not have to be the best player on the ice to be effective. Heck, your ultimate leader is the coach who never steps on the ice. I've never been a professional athlete, or in the lockerroom when a captain takes his team to the task, so sometimes it's difficult for me to understand, but I think there are people who can be effective in a lockerroom, and on the bench, and on the ice without being the best player, or even a great or very good player, on the ice.
There is no leadership without competence combined with ability. That applies to all aspects of life, pro sport included. Once you loose one of the two, you are not an effective leader anymore. Messier has always been competent, but we all know how loss of ability effected his leadership. Pres. Bush has always been able, but never been competent -we know the results too. I believe Shanahan will regain his leadership: his competence is not a question, he will force himself to demonstrate his abilities as soon as tonight.

Old
04-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
shock and awe brother.

why exactly did the nhl shut down for a season? oh yeah.. small market teams... right.
It was all about the Benjamins--who do you think is making money hand over fist now? Buffalo? I'm sure they're at least in the black, but think about teams like the Rangers and Detroit who used to have payrolls that are double to what is allowed now. Think their ticket prices have gone down? Who's pocket does that money end up in?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote