HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happend last night?? TOP 8 REASONS WHY. What do you think????

Old
04-26-2007, 06:58 PM
NY Ranger86

vCash: 500
What happend last night?? TOP 8 REASONS WHY. What do you think????

First 5 minutes...INCREDIBLE INTENSITY and was extremely impressed. First 30 Seconds Jagr almost buried one! However....the rest of the game.....ehhhhhhhhhh

#1. PENALTIES PENALTIES PENALTIES, nuff said there.
#2. The smothering of Jagr = ineffective
#3. Too much focus on Avery. I love the guy don't get me wrong, but he did not come to play last night. and had 2 stupid penalties.
#4. Hossa missing great oppurtunities. Yes i know he scored one, but I'm sorry he should've buried 4.
#5. Ryan Miller. Lucky SOB.
#6. MARA MARA MARA. The second goal, Mara got beat plain and simple and then the guy roofed it on Henrik. Third goal, Mara DROPS TO THE ICE AND TOOK HIMSELF OUT OF THE PLAY. Guy walks around him to the front and AGAIN roofs another on henrik.
#7. Rosival getting injured, first period.
#8. NO BIG HITS. NO INTENSITY. NO FIGHTS. We needed something to spark the team back and nothing came.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there i got it off my chest. Lets hope the team works on their minor mistakes and come to play tmrw night. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Maybe. But in game two...there are no excuses !

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Larry Melnyk

The penalties really put the Rangers on their heals and the injury to Roszy through the defense for a loop, but there should be no excuse for the way they played, especially lettingthe Sabres skate in and the defense continually backing up...Missed the horendous play of Shanny-Straka-Avery as well as adding Malik and Rachunek to the list with Mara..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
The penalties really put the Rangers on their heals and the injury to Roszy through the defense for a loop, but there should be no excuse for the way they played, especially lettingthe Sabres skate in and the defense continually backing up...Missed the horendous play of Shanny-Straka-Avery as well as adding Malik and Rachunek to the list with Mara..
5 on 5 the Rangers can play with anybody....They need to stay out of the box....

The Avery-Straka-Shanny line looked flat out overmatched in game one.....I don't expect to see it again in game two (maybe the longer layoff really hurt the Rangers mental game...I don't know)

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 07:55 PM
xander

I thought Jagr actually played pretty well. He needed to bry that chance early in the first, but he created several chances last night (that beatiful behind the back feed to Jagr comes to mind.)

The rangers nee to come out buzzing like they where in the first five minutes, maintain it, and not commit any penalties. do that and they'll pull the series even. If they continue to take bad penalties then we're just going to see a repeat of last night.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 07:58 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
I think the only tangible reason for the loss (only a part of course) was playing 5 defensemen for 40+ minutes.

The rest of it was simple buffalo was pumped up, rangers were not. Don't know why.

Then when you throw a few bogus calls in there (which usually isn't a big deal it happened a lot this season) and you have the makings of a loss.

The key is to not stink up the place tommorow if they want a chance at this series.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
"#5. Ryan Miller. Lucky SOB."

More like he's good.

But anyways, the penalties hurt. If not by means of goals, it may have tired them out. It sucks how the goals by Buffalo came in four minutes. The Rangers were even improving their play. I have faith!

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 08:14 PM
nyr7andcounting

Mara and Rachunek need to play 10 times better, especially if Roszival is out because then both guys should see PP time. If they do, and we stay out of the box and throw more hits than last night, this series is even.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 08:22 PM
In The Flesh

I think it was the long rest, we were away from the intensity to long. Game 2 is crucial. Can't go down 2-0 to these guys.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Jackson Ranger

I think the veterans need to learn something from the kids, namely Callahan and Prucha who both played with desire and played well. I hope some of this enthusiasm rubs off on Shanny, Straka and Nylander. If those guys don't pick it up, this series will be over in a hurry.

Also, the Rangers need to find a third D pairing. Mara has been bad for a few games now and Rachunek looked shaky. Also, they will be in a load of trouble if Rosy is out for more than one game.

As you can tell, I'm not overly optimistic about their chances. The only positive I see is this team is very resilient. Hopefully they will bend and not break now.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Ranger1135

IMO I think it boiled down to the penalties. 5-5 through the first 35 minutes of the game the Rangers matched up fairly well. Although when we stopped skating with them and got back on our heals we saw the results and I think that was a direct result of how much time we spent on the PK.
Through the first 10 minutes of the first we skated with this team and granted we exchanged chances, but I would say the Rangers had the better of those and I would offer that Lundquist is the more capable of the two netminders.
I say roll the dice in game 2, run and gun with them. It was obvious that once we went back on our heals and went into defensive mode we looked like we were standing still and the Sabres took advantage of that with their superior speed. Third period we had to go for broke and become more assertive and guess what....we were the more dominant team.
I am not saying give the forwards a balnk check when it comes to the backcheck or that the D-men should throw caution to the wind and pinch at every perceived opportunity. But I am saying that during the opening 10 minutes of last nights game and the way the Rangers were firing the puck to the net at every opportunity created a number of solid scoring chanes which, before the conga line to the PB started, gave the Rangers a better chance to win.
I've been saying it all season long, granted not here, but when the Rangers initiate rather than react they can do some incredible things. That 4 minute brain fart was the result of 8 or 9 minutes of previous reaction, not action.
I would also hazard a guess that as aggresive as they came out last night and as well as they played the first half of the period caught the Sabres off guard mind you the Sabres did score on average 4 GAG in the regular season, but they gave up 3 GAG as well. I'd put my faith in Hank and go toe to toe.

Ranger1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

We need to get the forecheck going and cycle the boards. That is rangers hockey.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 09:19 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
I thought it was an even match 5 on 5 and that we were on the wrong end of a lot of gift penalty calls. We were certainly not sharp enough, but again I think it boils down to too much time shorthanded, after seven days off and our top line sitting cold for 18 minutes or so of time shorthanded, that will do it

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 09:22 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
#9 Rachunek *** sucks. Pock better be in the lineup.

Also, I agree with your #8, the Sabres are too fast to play a skill game with. We need to punish them at every chance. We need to get Hollweg and Ortmeyer out there more and really just punish them.
Also, Avery really needs to shut up...I love him, he's been great but he needs to be quiet, all he's doing is giving Buffalo motivation and making himself and the team look silly. Hmm what else...Wasn't impressed by Shanny at all, nor Jagr really and the defense looked poor at best. Callahan looked good again as did Prucha and Cullen.
The only way we can win this series is if we just start hitting the living hell out of them and make them afraid to skate with their heads down.
Hit and don't be undisciplined...put Orr out there, let him drop the gloves etc. We own the physicality battle but they are way faster, so we need to play to our strengths.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 09:28 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
#9 Rachunek *** sucks. Pock better be in the lineup.

Also, I agree with your #8, the Sabres are too fast to play a skill game with. We need to punish them at every chance. We need to get Hollweg and Ortmeyer out there more and really just punish them.
Also, Avery really needs to shut up...I love him, he's been great but he needs to be quiet, all he's doing is giving Buffalo motivation and making himself and the team look silly. Hmm what else...Wasn't impressed by Shanny at all, nor Jagr really and the defense looked poor at best. Callahan looked good again as did Prucha and Cullen.
The only way we can win this series is if we just start hitting the living hell out of them and make them afraid to skate with their heads down.
Hit and don't be undisciplined...put Orr out there, let him drop the gloves etc. We own the physicality battle but they are way faster, so we need to play to our strengths.
We're not that great a physical team, so I think that's asking too much. The only chance we have is to shut them down at the blue line before they have any chance putting on pressure. We did it fine last night until all the damn penalties. Seriously, we gave them almost 1 period of PP time. I know our PK is very effective but it still gives Buffalo a huge chunk of momentum in the end. Lundqvist also needs to be on top of his game, and I hope Rozsival is back asap as he was a huge factor in our PP

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
As a Flyers fan (who dislikes you guys far less than Buffalo) you really need to goon it up a bit. I'm not saying that you should take idiotic penalties but, let's face it, you are a grittier team. You need to make them pay for their chances. You just need to accentuate your strengths and let them waste their entire defense on trying to stop Jagr.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Gottokeeponrisin

#6. MARA MARA MARA. The second goal, Mara got beat plain and simple and then the guy roofed it on Henrik. Third goal, Mara DROPS TO THE ICE AND TOOK HIMSELF OUT OF THE PLAY. Guy walks around him to the front and AGAIN roofs another on henrik.

He played horrible. Why the **** would you lay on the ice when someone is coming straight at you.

Gottokeeponrisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Ranger1135

Lets go easy on Mara here , would you rather Ward, Kaspar, or Ozolnish? BTW and no disrespect to him but Shanny was -4 last night and thats with his goal, shall we get rid of him??? Lets see how tomorrow plays out before we pull the Terrel Owens bus throw on anyone who participated in the teams resurgence.

Ranger1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 10:02 PM
willy0314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
As a Flyers fan (who dislikes you guys far less than Buffalo) you really need to goon it up a bit. I'm not saying that you should take idiotic penalties but, let's face it, you are a grittier team. You need to make them pay for their chances. You just need to accentuate your strengths and let them waste their entire defense on trying to stop Jagr.
that really doesn't work to well....see round one playoffs last year. (notice philly grit and Foppa)

willy0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 10:05 PM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Quoted for truth. Their ***** weak, gotta hit them.

Last years philly isnt a fair example. Mostly because I don't think what we need to do needs to be a philly scale thing. But we cant let them walk through us and run around like theyre free to not get hit. Put the fear in them.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottokeeponrisin View Post

He played horrible. Why the **** would you lay on the ice when someone is coming straight at you.
I don't think Mara played well but...Vanek is a world class player who made a world class move...It happens...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 10:30 PM
sickboy35

reason #1 no colton orr! just kidding but we were really killed with their speed last night, we need to tighten up on our defence and losing rozi did not help, i think pock should play instead of rachunek needs more time to sit but if rozi can't go then i guess we have no choice but to play him. we missed a ton of hits last night which pretty much made hollweg completely ineffective. but its one game so we need to win tomorrow or we are in deep *****!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 11:05 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottokeeponrisin View Post

That goal happened because Rachunek got burned causing a 3-1 down low, it was hardly Mara's fault. He tried to take away the passing lane. Not to say that was a great move, but that goal is on Rachunek far more than Mara.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
First 5 minutes...INCREDIBLE INTENSITY and was extremely impressed. First 30 Seconds Jagr almost buried one! However....the rest of the game.....ehhhhhhhhhh

#1. PENALTIES PENALTIES PENALTIES, nuff said there.
#2. The smothering of Jagr = ineffective
#3. Too much focus on Avery. I love the guy don't get me wrong, but he did not come to play last night. and had 2 stupid penalties.
#4. Hossa missing great oppurtunities. Yes i know he scored one, but I'm sorry he should've buried 4.
#5. Ryan Miller. Lucky SOB.
#7. Rosival getting injured, first period.
#8. NO BIG HITS. NO INTENSITY. NO FIGHTS. We needed something to spark the team back and nothing came.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there i got it off my chest. Lets hope the team works on their minor mistakes and come to play tmrw night. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Ryan Miller made some $$$$ saves. Especially early and late. One or two of those get past him and the Sabres will get tight.

Miller can be streaky. His offense has bailed him out on more than a few occassions. He played very well in game 1. Quite a few big time saves. Rangers need to get a few past him early.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 11:20 PM
sand1138man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
5 on 5 the Rangers can play with anybody....They need to stay out of the box....

The Avery-Straka-Shanny line looked flat out overmatched in game one.....I don't expect to see it again in game two (maybe the longer layoff really hurt the Rangers mental game...I don't know)

yea, anybody but the sabres....just face it, they rangers had a good round but they have done NOTHING ot show that they can match the sabres.....sorry

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote