HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happend last night?? TOP 8 REASONS WHY. What do you think????

Old
04-26-2007, 11:26 PM
sand1138man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
Quoted for truth. Their ***** weak, gotta hit them.

Last years philly isnt a fair example. Mostly because I don't think what we need to do needs to be a philly scale thing. But we cant let them walk through us and run around like theyre free to not get hit. Put the fear in them.

If you haven't realized yet, skating around trying to hit the sabres doesn't do much if you can't catch up to them, and when they skate around your check (and they will) they will have an odd man rush and no team in the league has as many snipers as the sabres, oh and depth......there are 2 players that would be on any other teams 1st or second line but they can't even make the sabres fourth line....thats depth...Paille and Paetsch

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 11:35 PM
sand1138man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I thought Jagr actually played pretty well. He needed to bry that chance early in the first, but he created several chances last night (that beatiful behind the back feed to Jagr comes to mind.)

The rangers nee to come out buzzing like they where in the first five minutes, maintain it, and not commit any penalties. do that and they'll pull the series even. If they continue to take bad penalties then we're just going to see a repeat of last night.
The rangers WILL NOT beat the sabres no matter HOW AMAZING the play....the sabres DO NOT get rattled, so AVERY helped them to win. If Avery was on the sabres i dont know if he would even make the team.....maybe the 4th line tough guy, but i can't think of one sabre that i would take out to replace with avery.....its nice that he's trying to pump up his team, but that only works if your team gets pumped for more than 5 minutes.....the sabres speak with talent and dont go on TRL to promote themselves....

Old
04-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Casmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand1138man View Post
The rangers WILL NOT beat the sabres no matter HOW AMAZING the play....the sabres DO NOT get rattled, so AVERY helped them to win. If Avery was on the sabres i dont know if he would even make the team.....maybe the 4th line tough guy, but i can't think of one sabre that i would take out to replace with avery.....its nice that he's trying to pump up his team, but that only works if your team gets pumped for more than 5 minutes.....the sabres speak with talent and dont go on TRL to promote themselves....
You seriously think that there is absolutley no chance that the Rangers win just one game in the entire series!?

Casmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 11:45 PM
sand1138man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1135 View Post
IMO I think it boiled down to the penalties. 5-5 through the first 35 minutes of the game the Rangers matched up fairly well. Although when we stopped skating with them and got back on our heals we saw the results and I think that was a direct result of how much time we spent on the PK.
Through the first 10 minutes of the first we skated with this team and granted we exchanged chances, but I would say the Rangers had the better of those and I would offer that Lundquist is the more capable of the two netminders.
I say roll the dice in game 2, run and gun with them. It was obvious that once we went back on our heals and went into defensive mode we looked like we were standing still and the Sabres took advantage of that with their superior speed. Third period we had to go for broke and become more assertive and guess what....we were the more dominant team.
I am not saying give the forwards a balnk check when it comes to the backcheck or that the D-men should throw caution to the wind and pinch at every perceived opportunity. But I am saying that during the opening 10 minutes of last nights game and the way the Rangers were firing the puck to the net at every opportunity created a number of solid scoring chanes which, before the conga line to the PB started, gave the Rangers a better chance to win.
I've been saying it all season long, granted not here, but when the Rangers initiate rather than react they can do some incredible things. That 4 minute brain fart was the result of 8 or 9 minutes of previous reaction, not action.
I would also hazard a guess that as aggresive as they came out last night and as well as they played the first half of the period caught the Sabres off guard mind you the Sabres did score on average 4 GAG in the regular season, but they gave up 3 GAG as well. I'd put my faith in Hank and go toe to toe.
Hey, im from Buffalo, obviously a sabres fan, and you seem like somone who has a better understanding of what went wrong and what needs to be done to beat the Sabres, but as a hockey fan in general, do you really think that going up and down the ice with the sabres is really going to help your chances, i mean the rangers have some excellent players, but they don't have the depth, so if the rangers third line goes out there and tries to outskate the sabres third line (Vanek, roy, Max afinegenof) the entire game they are fighting a losing battle, not to mention the fourth line. The sabres are built toget better as the game progresses, and we always run four lines and we match any line with any line, thats how Ruff is, but in the end, 9 times out of 10, we end up on the good end.....just my opinon.......oh and i respect that you aren't like those dumb islander fans who blame the officials for everything, at least u admit that those penalties WERE penalties.....good insight though....

Old
04-26-2007, 11:48 PM
sand1138man

Quote:
Originally Posted by marceltheuseless View Post
You seriously think that there is absolutley no chance that the Rangers win just one game in the entire series!?
I think they might win a game, but not the series, i think there is NO chance of winning the series...they might get some bounces and sneak a game or two in.....its just the match-up is too much for them....but hey that doesn't mean im right and that doesn't mean they can't prove me wrong, i just dont see it happening.....and im god so i know everything.....haha just kidding......do you think the rangers can honestly win the series?

Old
04-26-2007, 11:52 PM
sand1138man

#5. Ryan Miller. Lucky SOB.

LUCKY??? wow.....so what i'd rather have a goalie that lets in a soft goal every couple of games and saves everything else that comes at him then a goals who never misses one he's supposed to get and lets every good chance in.......miller let in 2 goals in 32 shots......the devils let in 6, who would u want?>

Old
04-27-2007, 12:00 AM
xander

man these Sabres fans really need to take it down a notch. Were you clearly the better team? yes. But it was more even than the score showed and buffalo really only dominated the last 7 minutes or so of the second. If the Rangers come out with the energy they had at the start of the first, and can abstain from taking alot of penalties, then this will be a close series. There's no doubt that the Sabres are more talented, but some of these proclimations on the part of their fans are way over the top.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 12:00 AM
Casmatt

Penalties clearly killed us. Even when they don't score, they take their toll. That's 2 good minutes where you can't score (most of the time). It really screws up the lines. Some guys are used an awful lot (especially with continuous penalties, as we had on Wednesday) and other guys aren't used at all. The PK guys get winded and the other guys get ice cold sitting on the bench. It changes the focus of the team because we now have to react and adjust to what they do, rather than force them to adjust to us. Not to mention that the goalie sees a lot more rubber when his team is constantly on the PK.

As far as the refs; I had no problem with anything called on us, I thought Buffalo got away with a couple. They were inconsistent with their calls, but that's a complaint I have just about every game.

Let me get one thing straight, the refs DID NOT cause us to lose this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand1138man
I think they might win a game, but not the series, i think there is NO chance of winning the series...they might get some bounces and sneak a game or two in.....its just the match-up is too much for them....but hey that doesn't mean im right and that doesn't mean they can't prove me wrong, i just dont see it happening.....and im god so i know everything.....haha just kidding......do you think the rangers can honestly win the series?
Absolutely I think they can. I mean we have to take game 1 for what it's worth, I think a lot of us figured that after a 7 day layoff, the Rangers would have some trouble with Buffalo's speed. But, rest assured, they will make adjustments and every game of this series from here on in WILL be close. The Rangers can win this, Buffalo is definitely the favorite. But there's no doubt in my mind that the Rangers can win this, especially if we win tonight.

Last edited by Casmatt: 04-27-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Casmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 12:27 AM
hottytoddy

Quote:

On, behalf of the Buffalo fan base we apologize for comments like these.

hottytoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 12:56 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
there are 2 players that would be on any other teams 1st or second line but they can't even make the sabres fourth line....thats depth...Paille and Paetsch
No they wouldn't.
Paille would crack a few teams' 3rd line, most team's 4th line, and that's it.
Paetsch is a defenseman Ruff dressed as a forward a few times and gave him the odd shift and wanted to have him in the line-up to play the point on the PP.

Please take it down a notch. You're making it really hard for people actually wanting to interact with Ranger fans to do so.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Why the hell not??

Good grief man, let me you tell you as someone who was a teenager and watched every game played by Team USA in the 1980 Olympics at Lake Placid that one thing hockey has proven over the years is that anything is possible at anytime on a clean sheet of ice and why on earth would this Sabres-Rangers series be any different?

You know what, I could care less what you respond with, just start showing some better manners when you visit another teams forums and stop giving the good Sabre posters who have been here over the years a bad name with your ignorant smugness.

Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 01:26 AM
lotus

dude, what you're saying makes no sense. You're saying if we hit the Sabres, they'll skate around us. IF THEY GET HIT they cant keep skating. Think about it.

Oh and they're certainly not too fast to hit. Rangers have some speedy players too. Hollweg can fly, Shanny when he needs to, Prucha Callahan Cullen. Despite the size of Prucha and Callahan, they know how to throw one solid check, and the team would feed off of it.

The Sabres are not gods, and they are not destined for the cup, especially not this year. And the Rangers will make a damn good attempt at showing why.

Last edited by lotus: 04-27-2007 at 01:45 AM.
lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 07:57 AM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
i think the Rangers under-estimated the Sabres' quickness...the team became flat...and lost intensity.

If they come out intense tonight, we'll see if we have a good chance...otherwise, i think Buffalo has too many weapons and too much speed.

I was very impressed with Buffalo's defensive zone play...the Rangers had a very difficult time getting clean shots from in front...seems Miller covered everything, as well, and that can kill flow.

Hats off to Vanek, he was quite smooth. Tim Connelly, wow.

Tonight these three have to be NOTICABLE - Shanny, Avery, Jagr. I thought Nylander played well.

anyway, GO RANGERS!

AGraveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 08:12 AM
AdsSabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime08091985 View Post

On, behalf of the Buffalo fan base we apologize for comments like these.
I second that...

I was a little worried coming into the series with you guys. One of the main reasons is the very fact that Buffalo is so highly touted, and that our game is 'so obvious'. Really, when you look at it, the Rangers have been playing killer hockey since the break, and really since Avery got in your lineup. In your heads, I would think the players would be like, "Heck, we aint' got nothin' to lose, let's play our game!"
I thought you guys outplayed us in the 1st period for sure the other night, skated with us, and even got a little physical. But, with the physical play always come undisciplined penalties. That has been the knock on the Sabres all year - play physical, knock us off the puck, into the dasher, whatever - at every turn, and you can put a wrench in our speed...Now, of course if a hits off, the forecheck is too aggressive, what not, the Sabres transition game is absolutely unbelievable...but, that's hockey. I think Mara played poorly, and Shanny just looks a little behind the curve (his age, etc) out there. Jagr is getting shadowed really hard, but he is a superstar and has to break from that. Has to...
I think we can take it in 6...but I don't think there is any way it goes less. IMO.
GL!

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 08:15 AM
AdsSabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGraveOne View Post

Tonight these three have to be NOTICABLE - Shanny, Avery, Jagr.
Good points. AND - Connolly is SICK with the puck. If he can get healthy ever he is going to have some amazing highlight reel goals...Vanek is a pure goal - scorer...

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 08:37 AM
puckhead1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGraveOne View Post
i think the Rangers under-estimated the Sabres' quickness...the team became flat...and lost intensity.

If they come out intense tonight, we'll see if we have a good chance...otherwise, i think Buffalo has too many weapons and too much speed.

I was very impressed with Buffalo's defensive zone play...the Rangers had a very difficult time getting clean shots from in front...seems Miller covered everything, as well, and that can kill flow.

Tonight these three have to be NOTICABLE - Shanny, Avery, Jagr. I thought Nylander played well.

anyway, GO RANGERS!
This is the key to beating the Sabres. And I think it has nothing to do with the Rangers players not being good enough. The pressure is on Renney to find a way to make this happen.

puckhead1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 08:48 AM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead1213 View Post
This is the key to beating the Sabres. And I think it has nothing to do with the Rangers players not being good enough. The pressure is on Renney to find a way to make this happen.
i agree - it is largely a coaching thing. But the players have to work! And game 1 it just seemed that NYR got lulled to sleep or something.

Part of it may have been the speed of Buffalo. It is wild to see the difference in depth of good skaters between Buffalo and Atlanta. Completely understandable why Atlanta never turned the corner to be a dominant team...they had no depth of speed players...the Rangers easily out skated them. Avery looked fast.

I'm hoping that it was just the first game and the Rangers were OFF. And tonight they will make it their game...

Last edited by AGraveOne: 04-27-2007 at 12:29 PM.
AGraveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 11:36 AM
mattyd99

Quote:
Dude you are making all Sabres fans look like tools. OK we get it, your team is the next comings of a dynasty. Miller has a force field in front of him that blocks all shots, Drury created Earth and everything that is on it, and Gretzky couldn't make the 4th line because of the depth. The Rangers have depth as well, there 12 forwards are built differently, and a better goalie. Enough of this stupid trash talking, let the players play. We are one game into the series and you're saying Buffalo is going to win every game. Let's get a few games into this series before we start talking trash.

mattyd99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottokeeponrisin View Post
#6. MARA MARA MARA. The second goal, Mara got beat plain and simple and then the guy roofed it on Henrik. Third goal, Mara DROPS TO THE ICE AND TOOK HIMSELF OUT OF THE PLAY. Guy walks around him to the front and AGAIN roofs another on henrik.

He played horrible. Why the **** would you lay on the ice when someone is coming straight at you.
He made the right play laying out to take the pass away, he just did it too early which gave Vanek enough time to adjust and skate right around him.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Ranger1135

Quote:
Hey, im from Buffalo, obviously a sabres fan, and you seem like somone who has a better understanding of what went wrong and what needs to be done to beat the Sabres, but as a hockey fan in general, do you really think that going up and down the ice with the sabres is really going to help your chances, i mean the rangers have some excellent players, but they don't have the depth, so if the rangers third line goes out there and tries to outskate the sabres third line (Vanek, roy, Max afinegenof) the entire game they are fighting a losing battle, not to mention the fourth line. The sabres are built toget better as the game progresses, and we always run four lines and we match any line with any line, thats how Ruff is, but in the end, 9 times out of 10, we end up on the good end.....just my opinon.......oh and i respect that you aren't like those dumb islander fans who blame the officials for everything, at least u admit that those penalties WERE penalties.....good insight though....
You make a valid point and perhaps run and gun was the wrong terminology. The point I was trying to make is that if the Rangers play a counter game and hold back while trying to fend off the Sabres rushes it only makes the speed advantage that they have a greater advantage. I think this was on full display on the 2nd and 3rd Sabres goals on Wednesday night. They were just blowing past the D and backchecking forwards because they just don't have first or second step speed and can't get caught flat footed.
But if they are initiating the play as they did in the first 10 minutes of the game and most of the third period the disparity in speed isn't as great and I think it gives them a better chance than the alternative. I am not saying that the Sabres strategy didn't prevent the Rangers from initiating, but you could definitely see a difference in the flow of the game at those two points in the game. Given that your a Sabres fan I'd like to know if that's what you saw as well during those periods?

Ranger1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Kiraly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God View Post
You know what, I could care less what you respond with, just start showing some better manners when you visit another teams forums and stop giving the good Sabre posters who have been here over the years a bad name with your ignorant smugness.

What makes you think he is a Sabres' fan? Because he claims to be?

New user with just over a dozen posts comes here to agitate the members of the Ranger community. Sounds like someone trying to have a little fun at the expense of Ranger and Sabre fans.

Don't get sucked in by the troll.

Kiraly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 02:25 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
#4. Hossa missing great oppurtunities. Yes i know he scored one, but I'm sorry he should've buried 4.
PLEASE. What is with the continued irrational Hossa hating even now that he seems to be proving himself a legitimate first line player?

By your rationale, Hossa must've had 5 chances and yet somehow nobody else had any. Ergo Hossa sucks (or is at least bad enough to point out as a reason the team lost) and all the other forwards and defensemen are better than him.

He's the only one who beat Miller (Shanny's goal being the result of a keystone cops moment between Miller and one of his own D).

C'mon, dude.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 02:27 PM
KarlSen

The Rangers started with a bang and took it to the Sabres, but didn't get rewarded. Miller smothered his saves and didn't give up rebounds either. But why did they stop the physical play, the freakin' Sabres played more intense and physical for most of the game. You can't let the Sabres get the fancy swirly game going, nail them hard in their end and in the neutral zone so they have to keep their heads up.

The penalties were tough. The Rangers pretty well deserved them but no way should they have gotten that many in a row with none to the Sabres. There were a couple of brutal hoooks/holds on Rangers coming around the Sabres net that went uncalled, to be followed with a Ranger penalty. The Rangers have a tough enough task without having to beat the refs as well. Maybe Avery et al should keep thier yaps shut now and not challenge the refs with talk about hurting anyone.

I still think the Rangers have enough to take the Sabres but they have to keep whacking the snot out of them and grind 'em down.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 02:32 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
The Rangers started with a bang and took it to the Sabres, but didn't get rewarded. Miller smothered his saves and didn't give up rebounds either. But why did they stop the physical play, the freakin' Sabres played more intense and physical for most of the game. You can't let the Sabres get the fancy swirly game going, nail them hard in their end and in the neutral zone so they have to keep their heads up.

The penalties were tough. The Rangers pretty well deserved them but no way should they have gotten that many in a row with none to the Sabres. There were a couple of brutal hoooks/holds on Rangers coming around the Sabres net that went uncalled, to be followed with a Ranger penalty. The Rangers have a tough enough task without having to beat the refs as well. Maybe Avery et al should keep thier yaps shut now and not challenge the refs with talk about hurting anyone.

I still think the Rangers have enough to take the Sabres but they have to keep whacking the snot out of them and grind 'em down.
You said it yourself. The penalties stopped any momentum the Rangers had. They also kept the Jagr line off the ice which made it hard for them to get going.

04-27-2007, 03:39 PM
NY Ranger86

Hossa is too good of a player not to have scored on those chances he had. Jagr was feeding him all game.

and i'm sorry, i dont care what anybody thinks. I DO NOT LIKE MARA.

*** I'm hoping to see a great game tonight.

LETS GO RANGERRRRSSS!!!!!

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote