HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Please help me with the size of a CCM ice skate

Old
04-20-2007, 11:08 AM
reen

vCash: 500
Please help me with the size of a CCM ice skate

First of all pardon by my bad english. I write from Spain. I want to buy an CCM ice hockey skates through Internet because here in Spain is very very very expensive. The problem is that I don't know the size I must order, here in Spain I have 46 and my foot measures 29,5 centimeters or 11,6 inches I believe that I would have to buy a size 10, is correct? Somebody that has the foot of the same size that mine could say to me that size use in CCM? I would be very very been thankful really. I hope that you can help me. Thank you very much by everything.
A greeting.

reen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Grave77digger

try modsquadhockey.com

Grave77digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 11:54 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by reen View Post
First of all pardon by my bad english. I write from Spain. I want to buy an CCM ice hockey skates through Internet because here in Spain is very very very expensive. The problem is that I don't know the size I must order, here in Spain I have 46 and my foot measures 29,5 centimeters or 11,6 inches I believe that I would have to buy a size 10, is correct? Somebody that has the foot of the same size that mine could say to me that size use in CCM? I would be very very been thankful really. I hope that you can help me. Thank you very much by everything.
A greeting.
You're correct for Classic CCM boot (TACKS). If you consider Vector line, I'd go with 10.5.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:07 PM
reen

Thank you very much by the answers to both, "94now" a question: you use the size 10 of CCM, your foot measure is just like to me? I need somebody that he has the same measure than me (29.5 centimetres/11.6 inches) It is for being completely safe of the size that I must request.
Thank you very much again.

Old
04-20-2007, 12:44 PM
toranaga

reen I'm very interested to hear how it turns for you. I'm in a similar position as you. My feet, or rather my bigger foot, are also 29.5cm (46 for normal shoes) and I'm living in a hockey-shop impaired region so can't try and I also don't really know what size I should get.

I've been intersted in CCM Tacks, but it will likely be a while before I make any decision.

Btw how wide are your feet? mine are 10.8cm (from the left most to the right most point of the foot, so to speak)

Last edited by toranaga: 04-20-2007 at 02:38 PM.
toranaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 06:01 AM
reen

Quote:
Originally Posted by toranaga View Post
reen I'm very interested to hear how it turns for you. I'm in a similar position as you. My feet, or rather my bigger foot, are also 29.5cm (46 for normal shoes) and I'm living in a hockey-shop impaired region so can't try and I also don't really know what size I should get.

I've been intersted in CCM Tacks, but it will likely be a while before I make any decision.

Btw how wide are your feet? mine are 10.8cm (from the left most to the right most point of the foot, so to speak)
Hi toranaga, if you find the correct number that we must buy don't due in tell me what is, please. My wide is the 11 cm, like yours.
If I find the exact size I'll tell you.

For everybody, Do you can put your measure of your foot and the size of your skates, so I can imagine more or less what size I must buy.

Thank for all again and regrets!

Last edited by reen: 04-22-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old
04-22-2007, 11:56 PM
arcticwinter

just put your feet on two pieces of paper,trace them and fax them to a reputable hockey shop and you'll get a pair that fit like a glove.remember skates are measured not only in length but width's also.if there too narrow they are useless to you.

arcticwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 10:51 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by reen View Post
Thank you very much by the answers to both, "94now" a question: you use the size 10 of CCM, your foot measure is just like to me? I need somebody that he has the same measure than me (29.5 centimetres/11.6 inches) It is for being completely safe of the size that I must request.
Thank you very much again.
1 inch is roughly 25 mm. Thus, 11.6 in = 29.0 cm., not 29.5. 29.5 is 11.8 in. That is closer to size 12.0 US.

My foot size is 29.0 or 11.5US or 45.0 EU. I wear CCM ZG120 Vector model with t-blades size 10.0. This size is exact for my foot. Therefore I assume you need 10.5 for Vector since you are up one street shoe size.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 12:03 PM
toranaga

the "magic number" for conversion is 2.54

so 29.5cm is 11.614"

What gets more confusing is that a size 46, according to several conversion tables is a 11.5, however there's some wiggle room, a 46 2/3 (a size you can't actually buy) is a 12. On top of that tables are inconsistent depending on where you look, some will even tell you that 11.5 is a 45.

It can't possibly get any more confusing, which combined with the lack of LHS makes it particularily.... entertaining.

Old
04-27-2007, 06:55 AM
toranaga

a small update

so I tried on a pair of Rbk 9k's (since that's all ccm-related there was), size 9.5E. To my surprise they fit length wise, going by what I've read, that it's ok that the toes touch the front as long as they get pulled back (or barely grase the tip) when laced up and proper knee bend is applied. If little more room is desired then 10 is probably appropriate, unfortunately my right foot is around 5mm shorter, so I guess I shouldn't be too generous on my left foot or the right one will get too much space.

The width was ok on the front part. I'm not sure if the heel was too wide or not, was a bit stressed and because I'm new to all of this, thousand things were going through my head, it slipped my mind to see if the heel was tightly locked in place.

I don't know how the Rbk sizes and widths relate to Tacks (or Vectors) though.

Another note to avoid confusion, the 29.5cm length I measured was when standing up, so the "relaxed" length is probably a little bit less.