HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best experience at a game..

Old
04-25-2007, 04:13 PM
blue2noise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I went to those games as well. Amirante sang the anthem before the games.

That's right! It was so well done.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 04:45 PM
mrhockey193195

I've only been to 5 games in my life.

1999- first ranger game, Rangers vs. Dallas, 2-2 tie. Nothing extraordinary happened, Gretzky didn't play due to his neck/back injury (which really bummed me out, I never got to see him play live). Nevertheless, a first game is always special.

2004- Rangers vs. Ottawa, lost 4-1. Tyutin got his first NHL point that game on a goal by Bobby Holik. it was after Mike Richter night b/c I remember spending the hour or so before the game just staring at his banner. One of my greatest heroes.

(the 193195 in my screename, when written on two lines, reads

11, 99, 35.)

However, the highlight was getting to see my third hero, Mark Messier play.

November 5, 2005- 3-2 Shootout win over NJ. This was the one where Prucha scored the game winner five hole on clemenson, and Jagr came out for the three stars and waved his arms. The place was electric, but unfortunately Lundqvist didn't play.

April 4, 2006- 3-2 shootout win over Philly. Weekes played again. Again, the place was beserk. I spent a great amount of time staring at Messier's banner pre-game. What made this so special was that it was the game that clinched a playoff berth for the rangers. I honestly thought that I may never see them in the playoffs again in my life, so this was quite an emotional night for me.

And the final game I attended, saving the best for last.

Game 3 against Atlanta. No need to describe what happened. I've never been in a louder place my whole life, and similar to before, I practically thought I'd never see the rangers win a playoff game at MSG again. It was basically a 3 hour party with 18200 people. Also, the first time I got to see my one of my "new" heroes, hank the tank, play live.

very cool too, b/c it was a who's who at the garden. That actor from the Sopranos was walking around the arena, Bookeboom was a couple of sections over from me, and Rod Gilbert's daughter was in the seat infront of me.

I'll never forget that game for the rest of my life.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 04:50 PM
chosen

1. Game 7 Cup Win
  2. Matteau
  3. Stemmer
  4. Islander Playoff Game where "Potvin Beats his wife doo dah dah" enormous banner was first unveiled during the national anthem

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

The Great One's last game--seeing him play in person at the Garden even during his last 3 years in the league was a real treat.

Raising Richter's banner--thanks for all the great memories!

My first playoff win last week.

Also there were two games I saw in 1997 (November I think) where Richter pitched a double shutout, first against Hasek and Buffalo and then two nights later against Carolina. Great games both.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I think my favorites came mostly from this season, I was at Jagr's 600th goal game, as well as the playoff clincher against Montreal. And the best one was last Wednesday when they swept the Thrashers. Also up there was Lundqvist's first game as a Ranger when he and the Rangers beat the Devils last season. All the games are great, these are my favorite's though.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 05:29 PM
The Thomas J.*

SO many great games, But the two that stick out is Gretzkys last game & Messier Night.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 06:25 PM
WheresBarnaby

From this season....

The Hollweg/Simon game at the Colliseum

The Montreal Clincher game on 4/5

....Soon to be game 4 vs Buffalo

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 05:09 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22 View Post
Hey all,

I was wondering what your best experience while at a game is. Here is mine:

I went to the Garden for game 4 of this years Atlanta series. My friend got me two tix in sec. 328 for face value (65). When I met up with him, he hands me two luxury suite tickets that he was able to get. So we sold the tickets to 328.

In the luxury suite, Adam Graves hung out in the booth the ENTIRE game and was soooo nice (needless to say). Got a picture with him and some autographed photos.

Then I went to the bar by gate 60 to meet some friends and ran into none other than Nick Fotiu (from my screen name, you can probably guess I was excited). I got him to autograph my playoff ticket and take a picture with me....
BY FAR, my best experience at a game. I got real lucky for sure.

I was just wondering what your best experiences have been as I am sure you each have some cool stories.
I was at game 4 also! Amazing time!!

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 07:26 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Lots of them to mention here...

April 94 against Dallas when they honored Adam Graves for scoring 50 goals. Just a great atmosphere as they geared up for the Playoffs.

May 97 Game 3 against the Devils. Tight, exciting game, had never heard the Garden that loud in person..Randy McKay scored the game-tying goal but it was called off because he was in the crease.

Mike Richter Night - February 2004: It was so great seeing him honored and seeing his number raised to the rafters. So good to see the former players there honoring a man who gave his all for this team.

Opening Day 2005 against Montreal..the place was absolutely nuts especially since there hadn't been a game at MSG in a year and a half. We lost in OT but it was still great to be back and was a thrilling game.

Opening Day this year vs. Washington..Shanny's debut, scoring his 600th goal, another great atmosphere.

November 2006 vs. the Devils when they scored 3 goals in 90 seconds. That would be great against anyone..but to have it happen against Martin Brodeur?? No words to describe it.

Game 4 against Atlanta - Just an amazing all-around day. From the double-decker bus ride around midtown, meeting a bunch of new people, seeing Matt Cullen score the goal about 150 feet away from me and then the end of the game when they exchanged handshakes and raised their sticks to the crowd. Just an unbelieveable night.

Hopefully I will be adding Game 4 against Buffalo to this list since I'm going.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 10:19 PM
gers*

hopefully game two on friday night

gers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 11:43 PM
The Thomas J.*

Opening Day 2001 When the Captain came back to MSG as a Ranger & scored the game winning goal against the Canadians.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 04:59 AM
Phil333

Game 7 1994 vs. the Devils
Game 7 1994 vs. the Canucks

Nothing else in this lifetime willl compare.

Phil333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 09:46 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

My best experience ever happened about 6 or 7 years ago. My daughter (now 24, then 18) had worshipped Jeff Beukeboom for years, wore his jersey and had written him after he retired to make sure he was healing well. One night we were given seats right behind the goal and between periods we ran into Jeff outside the club level on the lower concourse. He was thrilled to see someone still wearing his jersey and he talked with my daughter and took pictures with all of us. A very nice man and a wonderful memory for my daughter and I.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil333 View Post

Hard to imagine that happening.

04-27-2007, 03:48 PM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil333 View Post

I was a fan back then, but never went to games. Then a few years ago my brother and I became regulars.

The team/season/playoffs take on a whole new meaning when you go to 30-35 games a year, at least for me. This year I finally experienced a playoff win at home, followed by a series clincher the next night. It was only the first round and I was frickin' ELATED. Elated to BE there, surrounded by the awesome people in my section, to celebrate with. I didn't have those things in 1994.

So I really hope your wrong about nothing else comparing.

Because there is no way in this world I can imagine the boys winning it all, being there, and it not be better then 94.

Aside from that a Ranger 1-0 win over the Isles a few years back. Leetch scored the lone goal in the third.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
My best experience ever happened about 6 or 7 years ago. My daughter (now 24, then 18) had worshipped Jeff Beukeboom for years, wore his jersey and had written him after he retired to make sure he was healing well. One night we were given seats right behind the goal and between periods we ran into Jeff outside the club level on the lower concourse. He was thrilled to see someone still wearing his jersey and he talked with my daughter and took pictures with all of us. A very nice man and a wonderful memory for my daughter and I.
Beuk always truck me as a nice guy. Isn't he still with the organ-eye-zation?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 05:40 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Beuk always truck me as a nice guy. Isn't he still with the organ-eye-zation?
Someone reads hockey rodent.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote