HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Jersey Care ( Removing Stains ) Help!!

Old
04-12-2007, 10:03 PM
cmccallum

vCash: 500
Jersey Care ( Removing Stains ) Help!!

ok so i got a little something on myi away ( what used to be home ) Zetterberg jersey. I washed it and the red ran color wise onto the the white. Any tips to maybe fixing the problem?. Also needed info on stain removal , plus input on what everyone did as far as removing stains on their jerseys. Just hoping someone had a great tip ...thanks for your time. - Will

cmccallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Canucks19*

Lol i like how ur not gonna tell us what that stain is, but yeh you are not going to be able to get the red out of the white now, you should have not washed it in warm water, and you should have maybe just used a tide pen or something, but once again do not wash your jersey in warm or hot water, thats what happens, but your also in the wrong forum...

Canucks19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 10:35 PM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

if i got something on my jersey the first thing I'd have done is taken it to the cleaners, that way if they screw it up they buy me a new one

Old
04-12-2007, 10:54 PM
ExplosionsintheGine

cold water dude, but seriously, how big is the stain?

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 10:57 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Tide pen --> cold water gentle cycle, little non-bleach detergent (no other items in the wash) --> hang dry. Works REALLY well. Took blue ink out of the white in my jersey.

warm wash = big problem. If your red bled into the white you may not be able to get it out.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 10:58 PM
capn89*

My first tip would be to not wear your jersey while eating/drinking/or doing whatever it is you do in the darkness of your room. Dirt stains and such would be easy, just get one of those stain-remover sticks. Sort of like a giant glue stick but it's awesome stain remover. About colors bleeding, no idea what to tell you. Make sure you wash on cold and dry on the lowest setting.

capn89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Muttley*
Zach=2 games left

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieJr.17 View Post
cold water dude, but seriously, how big is the stain?
^^^ like he said, but make sure to turn it inside out ^^^

Also try a color-safe bleach like Clorox 2 or Vivid.

Muttley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 02:10 PM
ModSquad

You should never wash lettered hockey jerseys if they are part of a collection or if you wear them to go to games - the wash causes the numbers to curl up and pill at the stitching. Always get them dry-cleaned.

ModSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 09:37 PM
fullmetal2405

Yeah. We're manly men. discussing dry cleaning. w00t. OH! DID ANYONE ELSE SEE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES THE OTHER NIGHT?!

And that concludes the "have fun at hf" portion of my to-do list.

fullmetal2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Kenadyan

I think you've got enough advice regarding the stain.

As for the red bleeding into the white. Ouch!! However, the jersey may not be a total loss.

As others have stated, use only the cold water cycle. Also, if you have a "Hand Wash" setting on your washer use that. Otherwise as someone else stated, use the "Gentle Cycle" setting. Tide detergent (very small amount) or a color-safe bleach (again, small amount). Turn the jersey inside out. When the wash is complete let the jersey air-dry (never dry a jersey in a dryer).

You may get most of the red "bleeding" out of the white (I can't guarantee that you'll get all of it out of the white, however).

I've washed many of my authentic football and hockey jerseys in cold water using the hand wash cycle and have never had any colors bleed (including red lettering and logos sewn onto a white jersey).

Hope this helps.

Kenadyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 04:27 PM
javorka

I'm curious to know what kind of fabric it is. I think most jersey are polyester/nylon, so I wouldn't expect the colours to run.....still, I kind of worry every time I have to put a jersey through the wash.....

javorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 06:15 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

I've always handwashed my jerseys in cold water with Wolite <sp>. That works the best. It gets out stains but doesn't damage the jersey as it's very mild. Then hang to dry. Either that or dry cleaning is the way to go. Try that for the stain, or like other people said, the stain pen things. I think you're kind of hosed as far as the bleeding colors though.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Debonair

Next time theres a stain, Oxi Clean works wonders - at least it did for me... got the gravy right out of my Gretz old school Oilers away jersey.

Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 03:55 PM
SabreToof

haven't you ever heard, you never wash your jersey during playoff time. I thought that that was common knowledge in hockey superstition.

SabreToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 11:21 AM
BuddehJuS

Send a message via AIM to BuddehJuS
What is the best way to wash your pads? My shoulder pads are getting this yellowish tone to them and I want to nip the issue in the bud. Suggestions?

BuddehJuS is offline   Reply With Quote