Hackert (Frankfurt Lions)
Busch (Eisbären Berlin)
Ullmann (Adler Mannheim)
Polaczek (Nürnberg Ice Tigers)
Fical (Nürnberg Ice Tigers)
Y. Seidenberg (ERC Ingolstadt)
Gogulla (Kölner Haie)

Source: http://www.adler-mannheim.de/news.php?d[nr]=1370

Gott, bewahre uns !! That is one of the worst rosters we have iced in recent years. I particular don't like the goalie situation. I don't trust Jonas and Ziffzer might not be experienced enough. Leaves us with Kotschnew ...

MAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 05:59 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Jonas was terrible saturday against Switzerland, isn't there any better goalie available ? Could Robert Müller be considered, or is he still out of shape ?

And the idea of Breitbach playing in the world championnship is pretty frigthening

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 06:06 AM
ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF View Post
Tor:
Gott, bewahre uns !! That is one of the worst rosters we have iced in recent years. I particular don't like the goalie situation. I don't trust Jonas and Ziffzer might not be experienced enough. Leaves us with Kotschnew ...
I'm more worried about the defense, but that's a part which is nearly a given, after the injuries to Seidenberg, Goc, Schauer and Renz, the bad season of Bader and the absence of Ehrhoff and Schubert. But I really think we should have gone with Peterman instead of Bakos.
Jonas played ok and bad world championships, let's wait and see.
The offense is nearly as good as is should be without Sturm, M. Goc, Hecht and the season of Gawlik. Notable DEL'ers missing are Lewandowski, who never played as good for the DEB as in the DEL and Furchner after his good season.

Well, let's hope, we won't get relegated again. That should be possible, if the current players live up to their normal level of play. So, in Krupp we trust...

ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 06:07 AM
ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Jonas was terrible saturday against Switzerland, isn't there any better goalie available ? Could Robert Müller be considered, or is he still out of shape ?

And the idea of Breitbach playing in the world championnship is pretty frigthening
He can't be any worse than Bakos
Imagine them against the Slowakian wingers

Old
04-23-2007, 11:45 AM
zecke26

i've seen this team against denmark where they won 4-2. although players from mannheim/DEG and kreutzer were missing, i was ashamed of what i've seen.

kotschnew looked like a clown out there.

the defense...ehm...not even sure there was a defense at all. macholda and osterloh in the german national team...that's a joke. yes, i'm not really a lions fan and both were part of the reason my huskies went down, but i thought that they might have improved their game, but i don't think they have. the incredible bakos was mentioned already. robin breitbach played ok though. he didn't look as shaky as the already mentioned guys and he also got 5min major + a game misconduct. i was impressed.

forwards...oh well, i still don't understand why seidenberg is there. this guy has no character, tends to play dirty which could really hurt the team and i still wonder if he can play hockey at all.
the rest sounds to me like mediocre DELers.
and to be a homer, i have to say that i'd rather have manuel klinge at the WC. he had 30 goals and 50 assists in 61 games this season, is 23y old and should be able to play at least as good my friend seidenberg.

and uwe krupp, i still don't like him and will probably never like him and i'd be pleased if there would be another coach after the WC, although another relegation for germany would be a disaster.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF View Post
Gott, bewahre uns !!
That's what I thought as well

It will either be the worst tournament in years or the best team-play in recent memory.

Really, that team looks like a rookie-roster. Being without your four best defensemen and five of your best forwards really hurts.

Worchester is behind 0-3 against Manchester, maybe they can get Greiss to come over if the WSharks lose soon. Though I wouldn't be so sure if San Jose would let their no.3 go over while they are still in the playoffs. It's unlikely that two guys get hurt, but it isn't unheard of.

Müller isn't really healthy, according to him, he will need further treatment this offseason.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 11:55 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
Worchester is behind 0-3 against Manchester, maybe they can get Greiss to come over if the WSharks lose soon. Though I wouldn't be so sure if San Jose would let their no.3 go over while they are still in the playoffs. It's unlikely that two guys get hurt, but it isn't unheard of.
greiss or paetzold, don't care who it is, but we need one of them quick!

Old
04-23-2007, 12:28 PM
ts

Personally I would rather have Furchner or even B. Barta instead of Seidenberg and Lewandowski or Reimer for Busch (because of his injury story this season), Kopitz and Petermann for Macholda/Bakos and Osterloh.
What about Schütz? Is he still busy in the AHL? He would be a good addition for this team IMO. And I agree, we need Pätzold or better Greiss instead of Ziffzer. Jonas can play some very good games, but I would never bet on him...

Old
04-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Sanderson

Yeah, Schütz is still busy, though he plays in the QMJHL and not the AHL

Series is tied at one each, games 5-7 would be on the 27th, 30th and 1st of may, while Germany's games are on the 28th, 30th and 2nd.
I seriously doubt that his team will lose in 5, so he pretty much misses the whole first round, and that would be the best case scenario.

Old
04-23-2007, 05:08 PM
ts

Quote:
Yeah, Schütz is still busy, though he plays in the QMJHL and not the AHL

Series is tied at one each, games 5-7 would be on the 27th, 30th and 1st of may, while Germany's games are on the 28th, 30th and 2nd.
I seriously doubt that his team will lose in 5, so he pretty much misses the whole first round, and that would be the best case scenario.
Ah, my bad, don't know why I assumed he plays in the AHL.
However, so we should pray we don't need him in a possible relegation round. After the last time and the last two Leafs playoffs hunts I don't think I can stand anymore .

Old
04-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Sealink

Somehow I have a feeling that Jonas is the "least bad" goalie on this team...
I know that he can have great games, but also really bad ones.

Kotschnew hasn't been too good during the 06/07 season, but I really don't have any idea how he would react under pressure...

Ziffzer - well, even though I'm a fan of the Eisbären Berlin, I must admit that he really lacks the experience to play at World Championships...

From the other 5 players from Berlin that are on the team, I think only Felski (if able not to get too many stupid penalties) and Busch should really be there. Maybe Hördler, if he can find back to his play from 05/06 (was much better than 06/07), too. But Rankel still lacks the experienced for WC, in my opinion, but maybe I'm wrong here (hope so).
And Draxinger? Sometimes I still ask myself what he is doing on the DEL team...

Can't say anything about the other players.

Sealink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 09:28 PM
ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealink View Post
And Draxinger? Sometimes I still ask myself what he is doing on the DEL team...
Well, THAT's a good question. But he fits allright alongside Bakos, Osterloh, Macholda. We should call it the Sudden Death Defence
Rankel is maybe a little bit young, but IMO he was one of our better forwards in the exhibition games. Sad but true: we may need him, now.

Old
04-24-2007, 01:32 AM
zecke26

personally, i don't care if they players are young or inexperienced, but i do care if they are good or bad.
so if ziffzer's single problem is the lack of experience then play him, because he will do a good job then.
and rankel is really one of the better forwards, so he will play to get experience for further tournaments. i like him on the roster.

and to say something about hoerdler: he was so damn bad against denmark that some fans were joking that frankfurt should sign him in the off-season, so that he could play with macholda, osterloh and woerle (who was also playing against denmark).

Old
04-24-2007, 02:41 AM
Sanderson

Petermann replaces Macholda, because the IIHF won't allow the latter to play for Germany (yet). While Macholda has played in Germany since 2004, he played some games in the Czech Republic in between, which doesn't put him over the two consecutive years mark yet.

Thinking about it, Butenschön could play after next season.

Old
04-24-2007, 03:14 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Petermann replaces Macholda, because the IIHF won't allow the latter to play for Germany (yet). While Macholda has played in Germany since 2004, he played some games in the Czech Republic in between, which doesn't put him over the two consecutive years mark yet.

sounds like even the IIHF fears that germany is too weak.

Quote:
Thinking about it, Butenschön could play after next season.
that would be nice. how many years do we wait now to see him play for germany?

Old
04-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Sanderson

The final final-roster is out

Tor:
Jonas (Kölner Haie)
Kotschnew (Iserlohn Roosters)

Abwehr:
Draxinger (Eisbären Berlin)
Dietrich (DEG Metro Stars)
Bakos (ERC Ingolstadt)
Breitbach (Servette Genf/Schweiz)
Hördler (Eisbären Berlin)
Sulzer (DEG Metro Stars)
Ancicka (Adler Mannheim)
Osterloh (Frankfurt Lions)

Sturm:
Felski (Eisbären Berlin)
Wolf (Iserlohn Roosters)
Tripp (ERC Ingolstadt)
Rankel (Eisbären Berlin)
Kreutzer (DEG Metro Stars)
Alexander Barta (Hamburg Freezers)
Hackert (Frankfurt Lions)
Busch (Eisbären Berlin)
Ullmann (Adler Mannheim)
Fical (Nürnberg Ice Tigers)
Y. Seidenberg (ERC Ingolstadt)
Gogulla (Kölner Haie)

Polaczek, Petermann and Ziffzer are out.
That makes 22 players, 23 is the maximum for the first round. One of Greiss/Pätzold is likely to be added to the roster once/if Worchester loses.

Old
04-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Sanderson

Nice first period, though the Canadian goal really shouldn't have happened, you simply cannot let an opponent stand in front of your goal like that.

I don't know what the Canadians were complaining about, when Weber got 5+GM, it was both a check to the head and a clear ellbow.

Old
04-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Wisent

Quote:
Nice first period, though the Canadian goal really shouldn't have happened, you simply cannot let an opponent stand in front of your goal like that.

I don't know what the Canadians were complaining about, when Weber got 5+GM, it was both a check to the head and a clear ellbow.
A clear elbow indeed. No reason to complain.
Well, it was Jamal Mayers. who would have thought he can score?
It really surprises me that Germany plays that well. Of course I am happy but I bet 50 Euro on Canada (just so if Germany loses I have a reason to be happy still).

Wisent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2007, 09:21 AM
zecke26

Quote:
well...i don't know if germany is good or canada just bad. i'd go with the theory about canada. they look just unmotivated.

Quote:
weber should get a suspension for that. that was a cheapshot. i really love weber, but this was so damn unnecessary.

the goal of dietrich...nice one. thanks to roloson.

Old
04-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Sanderson

Oh Kotschnew...

What the hell was he doing there?

Old
04-28-2007, 10:23 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Oh Kotschnew...

What the hell was he doing there?
playing like we all expected him to play?

Old
04-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Sanderson

Tough loss, not to mention the injuries to Seidenberg and Sulzer...

Somehow I have the feeling that they won't play as well in the next few games. It's always like that. They make you go "wow, they came really close, if they continue to play like this, they will have no problem against (enter name of the easist opponent)", and when they play against said opponent they aren't nearly as good and lose in the weirdest ways.

Old
04-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Wisent

Does anyone know how Sulzer is doing?`I haven`t heard anything.

And wow, the article on the official website makes me wonder if the author saw the game at all.

Wisent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Sanderson

Seidenberg is out for the tournament, Sulzer is expected to play next game.

Old
04-29-2007, 08:05 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Seidenberg is out for the tournament
oh, very sad!

the iihf blocked out macholda, weber knocked out seidenberg...looks like the WC doesn't look that bad now.