New stats update posted

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6700

Old
02-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

vCash: 500
My comments:
Going by his statistical numbers, Michael Garnett is having an outstanding season. Hopefully Cassivi will be gone next season and Lehtonen will be in the NHL which means that Garnett should be in Chicago full time. If he produces another good season in the AHL, the thrashers will have a pleasant situation with two very good young goaltending prospects ready for the NHL.

The thrashers need to use this upcoming draft to get some offensive prospects. I only see Stewart, Blatny and Santala capable of playing in the NHL regularly next season but only on 3rd/4th lines. We need to get some prospects with top 2 line potential as none of the current prospects in Chicago are getting a point per game.

It's good to see Slater and Schell continue thier fine form this season but it seems Coburn's performance this season has slipped a little. Is he just having a bad season or is he a victim on being on a poor team. Also how would you rate Slater's current collegian season compared to Heatley's a few seasons ago. I know that they played a different collegian league so my question would be is Slater's league easier for prospects than Heatley collegian league.

Old
02-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
The thrashers need to use this upcoming draft to get some offensive prospects. I only see Stewart, Blatny and Santala capable of playing in the NHL regularly next season but only on 3rd/4th lines. We need to get some prospects with top 2 line potential as none of the current prospects in Chicago are getting a point per game.
Yes, they need to draft offense, but the situation of having no real offensive prospects in the AHL is the norm among NHL teams, actually. Offensive guys go straight from college/junior to the NHL, they don't spend time in the AHL. But if you look at Thrasher prospects ready to come out of college and junior next year, there's no one very offensive there either besides Schell, so yes, it's a need for 2004. But so is goaltending, must restock the system. Having two good guys is great, but where's the insurance and longer term thinking there.

Quote:
It's good to see Slater and Schell continue thier fine form this season but it seems Coburn's performance this season has slipped a little. Is he just having a bad season or is he a victim on being on a poor team.
Well, Coburn has one of the worst plus/minuses on his team. But that's somewhat common among defensemen who play a lot of minutes against the opposition's top lines. It would be nice to see him dominating, but long term I'm not worried. I'd like to see him stay in junior another year though, personally I doubt he'll be ready for the NHL in the fall. If there is one.

Quote:
Also how would you rate Slater's current collegian season compared to Heatley's a few seasons ago. I know that they played a different collegian league so my question would be is Slater's league easier for prospects than Heatley collegian league.
I think the CCHA and the WCHA are about equal in terms of competition. Slater is not the same type of player as Dany Heatley so I wouldn't get too caught up in comparing their points. Lots of guys put up nice numbers in college and do next to nothing pro -- Brad Tapper. Fortunately, Slater likely isn't Tapper either. For that be happy.

Last edited by Holly Gunning: 02-23-2004 at 07:46 AM.
Old
02-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Holly Gunning

Also, Steve Hartley must be injured because he's stuck at 8 games played for the year at Miami of Ohio.

Closed Thread