HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your 2007 - 2008 Nashville Predators

Old
04-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Radulov for Czar*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsMan View Post
What about snatching up a guy like Maltby?

he's scheduled to be a UFA
If I ever see Maltby in a Preds uni, I will stop being a Preds fan.

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 09:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsMan View Post
What about snatching up a guy like Maltby?

he's scheduled to be a UFA
He's not too far off Fiddler, at this point. Not a lot of sense in that, I don't think.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 09:17 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
If I ever see Maltby in a Preds uni, I will stop being a Preds fan.
Im with you.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 09:24 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

If I remember correctly on the last wrap up show someone commented on the status of Chris Mason next season. It was said that Rinne's play would be evaluated in the AHL playoffs and taken into consideration for our goalie situation next year.

The Ads were swept. I dont kow how much of it was Rinne's fault but it doesnt look overly impressive from the outside looking in.

In your opinion do you:

a. Keep Mason as a backup
b. Go with a 50/50 Vokoun and Mason tandem
c. Trade Mason to fill a big need

Old
04-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post

In your opinion do you:

a. Keep Mason as a backup
b. Go with a 50/50 Vokoun and Mason tandem
c. Trade Mason to fill a big need
Its really tough. Its a luxury to have a quality backup like Mason. He'll be a UFA after this upcoming season and you know he'll likely sign somewhere else. Yes he had that option last offseason, but he didn't put up the numbers he did this season.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading him for a need and getting a backup who could fill in every now and then. But we then couldn't afford Vokoun to go down for an extended period of time again.

Trading Mason would free up $1.25 million and could return a decent draft pick or perhaps a grinder. But you know as soon as we trade Mason Vokoun will go down.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 10:25 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

This will be an interesting summer.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 04:49 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Trading Mason would free up $1.25 million and could return a decent draft pick or perhaps a grinder. But you know as soon as we trade Mason Vokoun will go down.
he has 2 seasons straight now, that has to weigh on Poile's mind.

Old
04-30-2007, 11:16 AM
handtrick

Here I go reading the tea leaves again, so take it for what it is worth.....

I said earlier in the year, that all the things that I was hearing pointed to Kariya being the first on the Preds management's list to resign, and how he loaved it here, etc, etc, and I almost thought it was a forgone conclusion that he would be back next year.

A few things have changed my mind since then....

First, his post game interview when we were booted out of the playoffs was laced with inuendos that he might not be back, maybe not by his choice....such as choice phrases like, "it is out of my hands" and "I have loved every minute here in Nashville." Later interviews were laden with past tense when refering to Nashville. Timonen and Hartnell were quite vocal in their hopes of returning, however Kariya was more guarded.

Second, Poile and Trotz came out in the paper a couple days after the last loss wondering if "we were more built for the regular season than for the playoffs" and I think this points a finger directly at Kariya, especially the way he was absent this year in the playoffs and shyed away from any kind of physical contact along the boards and in the neutral zone in this series totally neutralized by their size.

Third, Eklund states today that Columbus and Vancouver are the front runners for his services....in the past on XM, when interviewed, he has always stated that Kariya was a "perfect fit in Nashville and fully expected him to resign there." Now I have never been a big Eklund fan, but undoubtedly he has many, many contacts around the league and an abrupt change on Kariya coming from him is, at least noteworthy.

The bottom line is that I think Poile is going to go another direction with that $4.5 mill next year. I think he plans to get bigger on the front line where he can, and given our current contracts, that means a top winger and 3rd line center and the 4th line as well.

Does this mean that he is going to spread out this salary to go after the likes of a trio such as Pyatt, Zubrus, and/or Handzus......I could very well see something like this happen in the seismic reallignment of this team, increasing in size on the front line, but tryiing to maintain some speed.

I don't know....I just got the real feeling that Poile and Kariya are going to part ways this year. I also think the impact he has had on our club is probably underated as we never played a game without him in the lineup these past two years.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 12:12 PM
RollingPredFan

Quote:
Third, Eklund states today that Columbus and Vancouver are the front runners for his services
How weird would it be to see Kariya in a Blue Jacket uniform 8 times a year lol

Somehow I doubt it, Vancouver would be more likely.. I dont think we'll resign him, and I think its possible to use that money to get the same production.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 01:06 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I've made it known everywhere but I'll add it here too. We need to add Mayers and Primeau and re-sign Hartnell.

A third line of Hartnell-Primeau-Mayers would be great.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 06:30 PM
predhead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I've made it known everywhere but I'll add it here too. We need to add Mayers and Primeau and re-sign Hartnell.

A third line of Hartnell-Primeau-Mayers would be great.
I would say that we need a more offensively gifted center than Primeau to feed Hartnell the puck, but it seems like Hartnell did pretty well this year for most of the year with Fiddler/other. I definitely like Primeau's grit and hustle - would be a good pickup

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote