HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Offseason Checklist

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2007, 09:03 PM
  #26
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon
First off I think Robert Esche is the perfect backup to Legace...

<snip>

...a 5th rd pick (is) not who (you) want as your goalie if Legace goes down.
You do realize that Esche is, himself, a fifth-round draft pick, right?

Phoenix' 5th choice, 139th overall, in 1996 Entry Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon
In the case of the other 3 goalies, lets be realistic fellows! Sanford undrafted free agent, Bacashiua 1st round attitude problem and CBT a 5th rd pick. This not who want as your goalie if Legace goes down.
So, what you're saying is that undrafted free agents (like Ed Belfour and Niklas Backstrom) and 5th-round draft picks (like Miika Kiprusoff and Ryan Miller) absolutely can not become good NHL goalies?

Wake up, kid.

Here's your homework assignment, since you're clearly still of grade-school age: Go to NHL.com and research when Dominik Hasek, Henrik Lunqvist, and Evgeni Nabokov were drafted (at which position).



P_B


Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 12:14 PM
  #27
fan in oregon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 631
vCash: 500
Gee I didnt know the big 3 were such fan favorites. I wish they had the skill to play
in the big leagues but they dont. If the Blues were so enarmered with them I guess
they wouldnt have added Hiller just a week ago. The Blues basically held a try out
for the back up goalie last between Sanford and Bacashiua when Legace went down
and the coach Andy Murray, not me chose neither. In the case of Beckford Tseu, sure he did good in alaska but, that is lowest minors there is. After cash went back
to Peoria he was number 3 behind Scwartz and cash. Not only the the Blues tried to
find him work in ahl as a loaner to other teams and found no takers, Dont you think if
he even had AHL talent somebody else would have taken a flyer on him? Like I said
I personally dont have anything against these guys. Face the facts fellows when all
the banter is done, ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THEM HAVE THE TALENT TO PLAY IN THE NHL....END OF STORY

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 12:19 PM
  #28
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!
 
Stealth JD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Safari Motor Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 6,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon View Post
Face the facts fellows when all the banter is done, ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THEM HAVE THE TALENT TO PLAY IN THE NHL....END OF STORY
How do you explain that Schwarz, Sanford, Bacashihua have already played in the NHL, (and CBT has dressed for a game) despite the "fact" that they don't have the talent for the NHL? Not only do they ALREADY have the talent to play in the NHL....a couple have even actually won games. How can talentless goalies, not good enough for the NHL, each have wins in this league then....was it the star-power of their teammates that actually won those games?


Last edited by Stealth JD: 05-01-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 12:34 PM
  #29
kimzey59
Registered User
 
kimzey59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon View Post
Gee I didnt know the big 3 were such fan favorites. I wish they had the skill to play
in the big leagues but they dont.
And you base this ludicrous statement on WHAT?
Sanford and Bacashihua are BOTH already established backup caliber goalies; and both have shown flashes of having the talent to start.

CBT has done well in EVERY league he's played at. We haven't even given him a CHANCE at the NHL level so how can you say that he doesn't have the skill to play at the NHL level; especially since he has done well at every other level?




Quote:
The Blues basically held a try out
for the back up goalie last between Sanford and Bacashiua when Legace went down
and the coach Andy Murray, not me chose neither.

When did THIS happen?

I seem to remember, rather distinctly, that Cash got THE VAST MAJORITY of starts to end the year(Cash started 7 of the last 9 games). That seems to point towards a "chosing of Cash" to me.



Quote:
In the case of Beckford Tseu, sure he did good in alaska but, that is lowest minors there is. After cash went back
to Peoria he was number 3 behind Scwartz and cash.
This statement says NOTHING about CBT; it is a statement regarding Cash and Schwarz. Cash and Schwarz ARE a definitive step above CBT. That doesn't mean that CBT is "bad"(as you are CLEARLY suggesting) but rather that Cash and Schwarz are GOOD(both are VERY close to being NHL ready starters).


Quote:
Not only the the Blues tried to
find him work in ahl as a loaner to other teams and found no takers, Dont you think if
he even had AHL talent somebody else would have taken a flyer on him?
I suggest that you do some more research on this subject. No fewer than 4 teams were interested in getting CBT; but all of them were owned by a Parent NHL team that wanted the Blues to trade CBT to them outright instead of taking him on a "loan". The Blues refused to trade CBT; THAT is why he wasn't loaned out to another AHL team.


Quote:
Like I said
I personally dont have anything against these guys.
BS you don't.
Everything you have writen regarding these 3 has been a slanted, biased opinion that has absolutely no bearing in actual facts. This little diatribe of yours is VERY personal; and you're lying if you claim otherwise.


Quote:
Face the facts fellows
When you present some facts let us know.
So far you've presented nothing but a biased, personal opinion.

kimzey59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 12:41 PM
  #30
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
I'd respond, but (A) it would likely be futile, and (B) it would only make my brain hurt, and I really need to be able to sit today.

__________________
No promises this time.
Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 01:23 PM
  #31
Celtic Note
Moderator
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,592
vCash: 500
In efforts to get this thread back on track!

The Blues goals should be:

1. Analyze the the direction of the club, reevaluate the future plan.

2. Make a projected lineup, showing the open spots for new guys, both free agents and prospects.

3. Decide what players to target and pursue them.

4. Get new announcers!

5. Keep developing good marketing strategies.

6. Get Jarmo officially signed and let him work his magic.

7. Start getting excited about the upcoming season

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 02:21 PM
  #32
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon View Post
Gee I didnt know the big 3 were such fan favorites. I wish they had the skill to play
in the big leagues but they dont. If the Blues were so enarmered with them I guess
they wouldnt have added Hiller just a week ago. The Blues basically held a try out
for the back up goalie last between Sanford and Bacashiua when Legace went down
and the coach Andy Murray, not me chose neither. In the case of Beckford Tseu, sure he did good in alaska but, that is lowest minors there is. After cash went back
to Peoria he was number 3 behind Scwartz and cash. Not only the the Blues tried to
find him work in ahl as a loaner to other teams and found no takers, Dont you think if
he even had AHL talent somebody else would have taken a flyer on him? Like I said
I personally dont have anything against these guys. Face the facts fellows when all
the banter is done, ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THEM HAVE THE TALENT TO PLAY IN THE NHL....END OF STORY
Listen, kid... in this forum, it's "end of story" only when I, or Irish Blues, say so.

Not when you say so.

In your case, however, it is "end of story," at least as far as this discussion is concerned.

I've tried, and so have others, but clearly you feel that your ill-informed opinion takes precedence over the avalanche of factual information presented to you in this thread re: the talent levels and potential of Sanford, Bacashihua, and Beckford-Tseu.

You leave me no choice, therefore, but to ban you from this particular thread. You won't listen to reason, and you respond to facts with more unsupported opinions.

Don't start another thread on goaltenders, either. If you do, you'll get a suspension for trolling, disrupting, and failure to follow instructions.

P_B


Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 03:14 PM
  #33
fcpremix88
Registered User
 
fcpremix88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,823
vCash: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
4. Get new announcers!
i like federko

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 03:23 PM
  #34
barnburner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
4. Get new announcers!
Altho I think Kelly is less than a top flight announcer, I do think he
would probably be better, if paired with a better color man.
Let's face it - John Kelly's personality doesn't exactly burst thru the tv screen. Pairing him with Federko, only makes it worse.
I'd like to see Chaser moved to the tv broadcast.

barnburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 03:28 PM
  #35
Celtic Note
Moderator
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,592
vCash: 500
my vote goes to Chase too, I think he would fit well.
On a side note, Legace and Drake did pretty good jobs when they "interned" this season. Could there be a future there for one of them

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 03:29 PM
  #36
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Listen, kid... in this forum, it's "end of story" only when I, or Irish Blues, say so.

Not when you say so.

In your case, however, it is "end of story," at least as far as this discussion is concerned.

I've tried, and so have others, but clearly you feel that your ill-informed opinion takes precedence over the avalanche of factual information presented to you in this thread re: the talent levels and potential of Sanford, Bacashihua, and Beckford-Tseu.

You leave me no choice, therefore, but to ban you from this particular thread. You won't listen to reason, and you respond to facts with more unsupported opinions.

Don't start another thread on goaltenders, either. If you do, you'll get a suspension for trolling, disrupting, and failure to follow instructions.

P_B

If he's banned from the thread, how is he going to read this?

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 03:56 PM
  #37
StLooFrenchy
Registered User
 
StLooFrenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Country: France
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
JK and Bernie are the worst. John's stammering I could live with, but Bernie rambling his vaunted opinion about calls and coaching, all the while play going on, is enough to make me pull my own ears off! I would pay for Ken Wilson's flight back to STL, and put Chaser right next to him in the booth. Chase might be a homer, it's still better than Bernie's "musings". OOOOoooooohhhhhh, Baby!!!!!

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 05:42 PM
  #38
On Axis
Mad Vlad
 
On Axis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to On Axis
JK with Legace wasn't too bad at the end of this year. I think if John had a good CC. next to him that formed good chemistry with him, he wouldn't be too bad. Bernie just goes off topic often, and as nice of a guy he is, he isn't cut for broadcasting. I still can't get over him talking about groundhogs during a play where Detroit scored. I would keep Bernie in the organization, perhaps as a PR person.

Chaser would fit well with John, I think. Chaser provides a good insight, along with humor, and as seen with Legace and Kelly, would make a decent fit. But still, no one can top Ken Wilson.

On Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 06:07 PM
  #39
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol
 
WalterSobchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Gutter Alley
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 500
Well, I like facism as much as the next megolomaniac but if we ban all the stupid people, I have nobody to make me feel smarter than them.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 06:37 PM
  #40
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
Well, I like facism as much as the next megolomaniac but if we ban all the stupid people, I have nobody to make me feel smarter than them.
Trust me, I've seen the "intelligence" of people. I'd put you in the upper half without meeting you in person and never think twice.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 11:21 PM
  #41
mmitchell19
Registered User
 
mmitchell19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ellisville, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos View Post
i like federko
You can have him.

(FTR, are you a Tampa fan in Tampa...or a Blues fan in Tampa? If the latter, please disregard.)

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 12:05 AM
  #42
DrVanntastic
Registered User
 
DrVanntastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wentzville, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by StLooFrenchy View Post
JK and Bernie are the worst. John's stammering I could live with, but Bernie rambling his vaunted opinion about calls and coaching, all the while play going on, is enough to make me pull my own ears off! I would pay for Ken Wilson's flight back to STL, and put Chaser right next to him in the booth. Chase might be a homer, it's still better than Bernie's "musings". OOOOoooooohhhhhh, Baby!!!!!
The problem with Wilson was that he did not do his homework. As great as his voice was you can only make it so far on your voice alone. Despite the fact that Kelly is sub-par, I will gladly take the additional insight he gives over Wilson's chords of gold any day of the year.

As for Bernie, let's get Hull in here to take his place on days he isn't working for NBC. I don't know if he'd go for it though since he has the FO job with the Stars. I do not like Bernie as a commentator. It is very possible to be too much of a homer.

Finally, FIRE DAN McLAUGHLIN!!! If I never see him on a Blues or Cards broadcast again it will be too damn soon!

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:44 AM
  #43
barnburner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
The problem with Wilson was that he did not do his homework. As great as his voice was you can only make it so far on your voice alone. Despite the fact that Kelly is sub-par, I will gladly take the additional insight he gives over Wilson's chords of gold any day of the year.
Agreed. Wilson was a very gifted pbp man. When he decided to stay interested, he could call a game with almost anyone. Unfortunately, he had the same problem that he had with the Cardinals - an inability to stay focused on the job at hand. Telling fans spellbounding stories about his shopping trips, etc., while the play went on.
Somehow he felt he was "above" having to do the pr work that guys like Buck, Dan Kelly, Costas, Bob Starr, all did routinely for their employers.
Setting aside all that - his childish tantrum as he left town,(The Buck and Kelly families are intimidted by me..), was reason enough for me to never want to see or hear from Wilson again.

Besides that - I always had a theory that with his being from Detroit, he was at least partially responsible for that shot Yzerman put past Casey....

barnburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 12:14 PM
  #44
Senor Rational
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 501
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Senor Rational
Ferderko rambles to much. . . .it gets annoying to the point where I yell SHUT UP! at the dang TV

Perhaps JD can be a duo president and color commentator . . . jk

If Ferderko quits rambling I could live with him, he knows his hockey and seems to know how plays develop. I like it when they break down the plays, it shows me something I would not normaly catch when watching a game on TV.

Wilson made the game more exciting then Kelly does, now, Kelly keeps us informed and shows us different sides of the game, but he doesnt have the "power" to lift you out of the seat like Wilson did. Perhaps its b/c the Blues dont have the exciting stuff as Wilson did, however, I'd love it if Kelly had some tag lines as did Wilson. Kelly doesnt seem to get as excited as Wilson and many other PBP guys do...but we'll give him time.

Dont like Dan Mc, he seems arrogant when interviewing players. It seems like players dont know how to respond to his questions. Plus it looks like Dan Mc (cant spell his last name for the life of me) needs a step ladder just to interview players. Just personal bias against him. Then again if he's gone, who replaces him?

Senor Rational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 01:03 PM
  #45
DrVanntastic
Registered User
 
DrVanntastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wentzville, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Rational View Post
Dont like Dan Mc, he seems arrogant when interviewing players. It seems like players dont know how to respond to his questions. Plus it looks like Dan Mc (cant spell his last name for the life of me) needs a step ladder just to interview players. Just personal bias against him. Then again if he's gone, who replaces him?
I remember a game a couple seasons ago where Dan was doing an interview between periods. I don't remember who he was interviewing, but either Salvy or Jammer walked in front of the camera on his way back from doing the radio interview. Dan said something to the effect of, "Just walk right in front of us, we're on live TV here." He had a real smart ass tone to him. I looked at my grandpa and said "He's lucky he didn't get his ass knocked out."

My point: I definitely see where you would get that he's arrogant.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 01:22 PM
  #46
barnburner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Rational View Post
Then again if he's gone, who replaces him?
I'm not so sure he would need to be replaced. How often do we get anything worth listening to from those "interviews"?

barnburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 01:25 PM
  #47
SIU LAW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
I remember a game a couple seasons ago where Dan was doing an interview between periods. I don't remember who he was interviewing, but either Salvy or Jammer walked in front of the camera on his way back from doing the radio interview. Dan said something to the effect of, "Just walk right in front of us, we're on live TV here." He had a real smart ass tone to him. I looked at my grandpa and said "He's lucky he didn't get his ass knocked out."

My point: I definitely see where you would get that he's arrogant.
From what I have seen, Dan-O is a real jerk and diva when he is off camera. In one instance, I have seen him rip and be downright hostile towards the Blues equipment/athletic staff. Very smug and way over the top.

SIU LAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 03:28 PM
  #48
On Axis
Mad Vlad
 
On Axis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Rational View Post
Kelly keeps us informed and shows us different sides of the game, but he doesnt have the "power" to lift you out of the seat like Wilson did.
You mean that his "thank you, thank you, thank you!"s don't get you excited?

On Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 03:38 PM
  #49
maseman19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
My friend almost got in a fight with Dan. They were playing basketball and Dan was playing really physical. A little too physical for a pickup game. So my friend gave him a hard foul and Dan freaked out. They cooled off and Dan actually did apologize for playing too hard. I guess that kinda redeems him. I wasn't there but it would have been a site to see.

As a broadcaster, Dan is a good one. While he can come off arrogant he is good at what he does. For what's he accomplished at his age is remarkable. Most broadcasters are still working in small markets at his age.

maseman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 02:42 PM
  #50
StLooFrenchy
Registered User
 
StLooFrenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Country: France
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
In efforts to get this thread back on track!

6. Get Jarmo officially signed and let him work his magic.
Mark this one off of the list! According to AS, he just inked for three years, let the magic continue! At least this is one Euro that gives a ****!

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.