HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2004, 01:38 PM
  #1
Flamesfan 26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 671
vCash: 500
Flames

What would it from the Flames to aquire any of the following players

Bonk
Doan
Cassels
Morris
Sanderson
Gratton
Carney

Keep in mind that they are not willing to take on salary so keep them even.
Also they are not going to part with
Phaneuf
Iginla
Kiprusoff
Ramholt
Regher
Leopold
Yelle

Flamesfan 26 is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 01:40 PM
  #2
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 500
If you want Doan, and are unwilling to part with any of those assets, you are dreaming.

As for Gratton, a 3rd rounder and a prospect or young player would be acceptable.

PhoPhan is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 01:42 PM
  #3
Starsdude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,523
vCash: 500
In other words send us a good player and we will send you picks and dump some salary on you as well. sanderson and gratton can be had for picks but Col and Phoenix will not pick up salary

Starsdude is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 01:49 PM
  #4
Oiltalk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche 26
What would it from the Flames to aquire any of the following players

Bonk
Doan
Cassels
Morris
Sanderson
Gratton
Carney

Keep in mind that they are not willing to take on salary so keep them even.
Also they are not going to part with
Phaneuf
Iginla
Kiprusoff
Ramholt
Regher
Leopold
Yelle
Seems like the common thing on here lately. Stating that all of the tradeable assets with value on your team won't be dealt, and that a good player can be obtained by role players and picks.

Oiltalk is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 01:54 PM
  #5
Flamesfan 26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
In other words send us a good player and we will send you picks and dump some salary on you as well. sanderson and gratton can be had for picks but Col and Phoenix will not pick up salary
I am not saying we are trying to dump salary I am saying try to keep them even.

Ex. Clark and McAmmond for Sanderson

So basically the salaries are even so neither team is picking up salary.

By the way I am not suggesting that any of these players will be in a Flames uni I just want to know what their value is from the Flames POV

Flamesfan 26 is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 02:04 PM
  #6
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,993
vCash: 5792
You don't want Gratton

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 02:20 PM
  #7
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
You don't want Gratton
I agree. I still don't understand why he was dealt for briere.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 02:22 PM
  #8
musdy
Registered User
 
musdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,347
vCash: 500
they probably have the best chance of getting morris maybe???

musdy is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 02:25 PM
  #9
pappa jan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: downtown
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
i'm curious about Vitali Vishnevski. would Anaheim be willing to part with him or is he not currently for sale? if he would be avaible, what would Anaheim want in exchange from CGY? Would a package including Kobasew be interresting?

pappa jan is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 02:33 PM
  #10
Disraeli
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Okanagan, B.C.
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Could a package with Lydman, Saprykin and a prospect (say, Trubachev) work for Derek Morris? I believe Sutter really wants a powerplay quarterback, like Morris, and, seemingly, he can't add even one cent of payroll... while Avs may want some depth and more prospects, since their pool of prospects have been quite devasted with recent trades.

Disraeli is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 03:32 PM
  #11
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disraeli
Could a package with Lydman, Saprykin and a prospect (say, Trubachev) work for Derek Morris? I believe Sutter really wants a powerplay quarterback, like Morris, and, seemingly, he can't add even one cent of payroll... while Avs may want some depth and more prospects, since their pool of prospects have been quite devasted with recent trades.
Why would the Avs turn around now and trade a core player away for prospect depth? That would just be poor asset management..

Cerebral is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 04:56 PM
  #12
Flamesfan 26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Why would the Avs turn around now and trade a core player away for prospect depth? That would just be poor asset management..
What if we traded Lydman Conroy and Trubachev and a pick. Then you get two players that help your team win a cup. with conroy a valuiable playoff preformer. Lydman will be around for a long time and be a valuable accet to the team. And personaly flames should have never traded Morris he was the team when he was here

Flamesfan 26 is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 05:00 PM
  #13
ehc73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames
I agree. I still don't understand why he was dealt for briere.
They wanted size down the middle. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. As a checker, he'll do better. But as a primary offensive threat like Briere was in Phoenix? Not a chance.

ehc73 is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 05:09 PM
  #14
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
They wanted size down the middle. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. As a checker, he'll do better. But as a primary offensive threat like Briere was in Phoenix? Not a chance.
He is a checker. He provides size down the middle where Langkow and Comrie cannot. Sillinger and Hrdina aren't huge either.

PhoPhan is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 05:23 PM
  #15
Bandwagoner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche 26
What would it from the Flames to aquire any of the following players

Bonk
Doan
Cassels
Morris
Sanderson
Gratton
Carney

Keep in mind that they are not willing to take on salary so keep them even.
Also they are not going to part with
Phaneuf
Iginla
Kiprusoff
Ramholt
Regher
Leopold
Yelle
Doan is to Phoenix, what Iggy is to Calgary. Both are ex-teammates at Kamloops, both are their respecting teams leaders. Oh how I would love to see Doan and Iggy reunite, just the fact that Doan signed a new deal really puts the untouchable label on him. There is no way the Flames can acquire Doan right now.

Bandwagoner is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.