HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

/bye 10% discount (also, look back at 91/92 schd and 93/94 pricing)

Old
04-30-2007, 02:37 PM
E_Godard

vCash: 500
/bye 10% discount (also, look back at 91/92 schd and 93/94 pricing)

So I sent an email to my rep today asking about next seasons pricing. Apparently there will be no additional discount for 07/08... Which really blows.

I spent alittle time over the weekend cleaning up some old crap I had lying around in boxes. Came across two things I thought Id scan and post.

First, 91/92 schedule from that back of my season ticket pack that year.. notice the 10/24 game.

And this was the back of a letter the Isles sent us over the summer in 93.

I never realized how quickly ticket prices have rose over the past 10-15 years. Its ****ing amazing. My $120 seats were only $33, 12 years ago.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 02:45 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
I never realized how quickly ticket prices have rose over the past 10-15 years. Its ****ing amazing. My $120 seats were only $33, 12 years ago.

I guess that is what happens when the average salary goes from 500k to close to 2M

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 02:58 PM
goalmachine

Send a message via AIM to goalmachine
Wow. If they ever do build that new arena, aren't the ticket prices gonna rocket up even more?

goalmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalmachine View Post
Wow. If they ever do build that new arena, aren't the ticket prices gonna rocket up even more?
they'll go up, but demand will be strong - typical in the 1st 3 years of a new arena.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 03:14 PM
E_Godard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I guess that is what happens when the average salary goes from 500k to close to 2M
Average? Id like a job at your company.

Old
04-30-2007, 03:22 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Average? Id like a job at your company.
not my company but for your average NHL player, they have to pay there salaries somehow

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 03:29 PM
sonnyisles

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalmachine View Post
I would hope that if this Arena deal goes through Wang would have a better lease arrangement and therefore better revenue streams. Hopefully ticket prices would remain stable for the short term at least. Am I being too Naive?

sonnyisles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyisles View Post
I would hope that if this Arena deal goes through Wang would have a better lease arrangement and therefore better revenue streams. Hopefully ticket prices would remain stable for the short term at least. Am I being too Naive?

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too naive. All a new arena would do would give Wang an excuse to raise prices even more. At least then it might be worth it though since we would'nt have to watch hockey in a toilet.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 03:41 PM
sonnyisles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too naive. All a new arena would do would give Wang an excuse to raise prices even more. At least then it might be worth it though since we would'nt have to watch hockey in a toilet.
Yeah but Wang has held prices firm for a few years so it's not like he's looking at every excuse to raise prices. And, with a new lease deal he'd hopefully make more than the few percent that he makes now on ticket sales so even if he didn't raise prices it would be a huge increase in revenue for him. I'm sure that this wouldn't be the case but we can all hope.

sonnyisles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 04:01 PM
E_Godard

Quote:
Yeah but Wang has held prices firm for a few years so it's not like he's looking at every excuse to raise prices. And, with a new lease deal he'd hopefully make more than the few percent that he makes now on ticket sales so even if he didn't raise prices it would be a huge increase in revenue for him. I'm sure that this wouldn't be the case but we can all hope.
Yeah I agree, but also think they need to take a look at the "Havoc Factor". See how much of an increase there is in ticket demand when they offered Havoc tickets this season. That accounted for a huge amount of attendance.

Old
04-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Yeah I agree, but also think they need to take a look at the "Havoc Factor". See how much of an increase there is in ticket demand when they offered Havoc tickets this season. That accounted for a huge amount of attendance.
I heard no more havoc this year. Are they kidding? Those games brought THOUSANDS more into the seats. I dont get what they are thinking.

Old
04-30-2007, 04:19 PM
E_Godard

Quote:
I heard no more havoc this year. Are they kidding? Those games brought THOUSANDS more into the seats. I dont get what they are thinking.

If you are correct, they are gonna end up in a similar situation again.

Old
04-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Atrivis

I think they will bring back the Havoc Zone (or some other sponsors name) again when they are getting 7k in the arena night after night. It looks bad to have an empty arena and is demoralizing for a team. If the attendance is poor (and with prices the same, it will be) you will see something very similar to what they did this past year...

Atrivis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Steve55

This is how the ticket prices should be next year and onwards:
For first 5 rows off the ice 300 a seat
100 center row 6 and up 105 a seat
100 attack 90 a seat
100 defend 85 a seat
200 center 90 a seat
200 attack 75 a seat
200 defend 65 a seat
300 center first 5 rows 45 a seat
300 sides first 5 rows 40 a seat
300 F-O center 35 a seat
300 F-O sides 30 a seat
300 P-J 25 a seat
To attract as many fans as possible yet provides enough revenue for player salaries, certain tickets have to very expensive whereas vast majority of other tickets should be much cheaper.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 03:23 PM
hgo

Quote:
Wang has held prices firm

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Turgeon77

Well i guess i should feel lucky,my seats have only gone up 3 dollars in 15 years(326 G).I think F through O is too big of a range.I remember laughing at people who were paying 70 dollars for row O while i was paying 25 for row P.I think the main problem is the upper end zone where the isles shoot once.Those were the seats that were empty for pretty much every game this season.I know people on here sometimes get upset at the lack of fan support,but i know there is no way i would pay 55 dollars to sit in 333 Row O,that is just crazy.I think the islanders sell their souls to the season ticket holders by giving in my case almost 50 percent off,and then over charging for single tickets.No team gives that big of a discount.There just arent enough people who can dedicate that much time.As much as i hate to say it,they need to lower the single game price and not give 50 percent off for season tickets.I'll really hate myself for suggesting that when the bill comes.

Turgeon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Steve55

The revised version of ticket prices for next season and beyond are:
For first 5 rows off the ice 300 a seat
100 center row 6 and up 105 a seat
100 attack 90 a seat
100 defend 85 a seat
200 center 90 a seat
200 attack 75 a seat
200 defend 65 a seat
300 center first 5 rows 45 a seat
300 sides first 5 rows 40 a seat
300 F-J 35 a seat
300 K-O 30 a seat
300 P-J 25 a seat

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Turgeon77

Also,25 dollars is too much for the cheapest ticket.Considering that you cant see a thing in the endzone with the luxury suites,i think they should at least make the last 2 rows $10 dollars,like 313 row R.That should help get people in the building.If the nba can do it,the islanders sure can.

Turgeon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 11:40 PM
LVIsles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sect.326 View Post
Also,25 dollars is too much for the cheapest ticket.Considering that you cant see a thing in the endzone with the luxury suites,i think they should at least make the last 2 rows $10 dollars,like 313 row R.That should help get people in the building.If the nba can do it,the islanders sure can.

not only the NBA but most NHL team that have trouble getting people in the building,, it is disgusting those obstructed view seats are $25 and $30,, those seats should be $10-$15 and the $60 seats should be $30

LVIsles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2007, 11:42 PM
stranger34

Quote:
OOHHH

I love the coliseum. great sightlins, loud, great tailgating. Got out of the lot in 5 mins for game 4.

Heretic!

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
OOHHH

I love the coliseum. great sightlins, loud, great tailgating. Got out of the lot in 5 mins for game 4.

Heretic!
I would assume you have never been to a new arena. The coliseum is a class A DUMP! I will 100% agree with you about the sightlines, they are FANTASTIC and I really can not argue that.

Other than the sightlines and being loud, the "look" of the arena is disgusting. There is nothing inside the arena to make it asthetically pleasing. None of the bells and whistles for the fans that other arenas have.

A new arena is VITAL for the Isles. Think about it, Columbus sells out almost every game... COLUMBUS! Why? Well, it's not for the team on the ice I can assure you of that. They have an arena that can be considered a "night out". There are so many things for everyone to do. When you go to an Isles game, there is nothing else to attract you to come to a game. Now for myself, I go ONLY for the hockey but unfortunately, many people are not like that. Alot of the casual fans need more and the coliseum does not offer ANYTHING extra.

Old
05-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Killer Carlson

Quote:
IA new arena is VITAL for the Isles. Think about it, Columbus sells out almost every game... COLUMBUS! Why? Well, it's not for the team on the ice I can assure you of that. They have an arena that can be considered a "night out". There are so many things for everyone to do. When you go to an Isles game, there is nothing else to attract you to come to a game. Now for myself, I go ONLY for the hockey but unfortunately, many people are not like that. Alot of the casual fans need more and the coliseum does not offer ANYTHING extra.
Great points that you made there, Twine. Man, I'm liking 'post-season' Twine. It's like you are 'all growns up now'!

05-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Carlson View Post
Great points that you made there, Twine. Man, I'm liking 'post-season' Twine. It's like you are 'all growns up now'!

Well, yea the "post season" Twine is much calmer and thinks more clearly. The offseason is a time where I can come back to reality because you all know whats coming when the Isles give up their first goal next season....their first goal in an EXHIBITION game.... **** **** **** **** mother****er piece of **** **** ass **** **** *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
05-02-2007, 01:07 PM
letsgoisles89

Quote:
i used to have season tix in 323 row F..i remember in '01-'02 the face value for those tix were $47. Then in '02-'03 those same seats jumped to the price of $70...thats the same price they are today...even though attendance skyrocketed that season, i found it shocking the prices jumped so much in one season.

letsgoisles89 is offline   Reply With Quote