HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PTI guys discussing "No Goal" call

Old
05-02-2007, 04:53 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

vCash: 500
PTI guys discussing "No Goal" call

Wilbon started out sarcastically calling it a conspiracy and all, then said "I understand the call because they're going by the letter of the law, but we all know it was a goal, we all know it crossed the line."

Kornheiser agreed and said that he understands it might not have been totally conclusive, but it was a goal. He then mentioned that the happiest person in the world that the series was 2-2 is Bettman (for ratings). Wilbon also said something to the effect of "Bettman wants the Rangers to progress for the higher TV ratings"

Wilbon then said "If there's any justice in the world, Buffalo will close out the series."

Obviously these guys haven't watched a single NHL playoff game this year.

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 04:56 PM
vdB

pfff, I don't know how anyone can call it a goal. It has to be 100% Conclusive...and it wasn't.

vdB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 04:56 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Two idiots who know nothing about hockey. I don't watch that show and I would never watch it now after hearing that. I guess they dont' know about all of the calls and reviews that went Buffalo's way in Games 1 through 3.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 04:58 PM
dave4

What did they say about Toronto disallowing Rachunek's goal? Yeah, thought so.

What did they say about the calls the Sabres got in the Islander series? Yeah, thought so.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:00 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralNYR View Post
Kornheiser agreed and said that he understands it might not have been totally conclusive,
where was the video that showed it was partly conclusive?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:05 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
The dumbasses on Around the Horn all said it was a joke and obviously a goal as well. I think it was Cowlishaw, Mariotti, Paige and Michael Smith. None of them know a damn thing about hockey.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Merlin401

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
where was the video that showed it was partly conclusive?
Basic physics is enough to say its partly conclusive. Unless the puck went from 80 mph to 0 mph and waited for Henrik's pad to catch up to it while a millimeter from being over the line, we can say it MUST have crossed the line in that next frame that gets blocked out.

Merlin401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:08 PM
xander

it doesn't matter. IMO it was a goal, but the Rachunek decision was just as bad. The two equal out, The crime the PTI guys have commited isn't deciding that it should have been a goal, but being ignorant of the Rachunek goal. I don't get why this is still being bickered over, both teams got the shaft, now it's even (as is the series.) Neither team has a right to complain (though that shouldn't exempt the league from getting heat for screwing up multiple calls.)

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:14 PM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin401 View Post
Basic physics is enough to say its partly conclusive. Unless the puck went from 80 mph to 0 mph and waited for Henrik's pad to catch up to it while a millimeter from being over the line, we can say it MUST have crossed the line in that next frame that gets blocked out.
Even in the last frame where you can see the puck, common sense tells you it's in the net because of the angle the camera is at. If the puck appeared to be "a millimeter from being over the line" in reality it's over because the angle isn't directly overhead.

That said, no goal because of the silly NHL standard.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:17 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdB View Post
pfff, I don't know how anyone can call it a goal. It has to be 100% Conclusive...and it wasn't.
It was a goal. The problem is, they couldn't prove it.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:18 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH View Post
Even in the last frame where you can see the puck, common sense tells you it's in the net because of the angle the camera is at. If the puck appeared to be "a millimeter from being over the line" in reality it's over because the angle isn't directly overhead.

Is it really silly though? I agree with you that it likely was a goal, but my life experience has taught me that there's really nothing "common" about common sense. What is common sense or obvious to one person is not at all to other people. Because of that, you need rules that do not allow for "common sense" and judgment-based decisions (or at least try to minimize it). That's why the rules call for officials to base their decisions strictly on what they can see, rather than letting them infer. I think it's a good standard.

Old
05-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Balej20*

The problem is, people watch their stupid show and take what they say as gospel. I can't stand those guy.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 05-02-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:27 PM
MasonRanger

Send a message via AIM to MasonRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
The dumbasses on Around the Horn all said it was a joke and obviously a goal as well. I think it was Cowlishaw, Mariotti, Paige and Michael Smith. None of them know a damn thing about hockey.
Actually Cowlishaw realized that the call was correct and I think he's the only guy who actually knows anything about hockey. He was being bashed by all the other idiots but he was clearly correct.

MasonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:28 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Callahan View Post
Actually Cowlishaw realized that the call was correct and I think he's the only guy who actually knows anything about hockey. He was being bashed by all the other idiots but he was clearly correct.
I stand corrected .

Old
05-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Balej20*

Mike and Chris Russo killing the Rangers right now. Saying it was undoublty a goal, and somehow, they, out of the everyone in the world, somehow see white between the puck and line.

They said the Ranger fans can never again complain about bad officiating or bad calls.

Old
05-02-2007, 05:30 PM
NYRaNgErS99112

Send a message via AIM to NYRaNgErS99112
And we think these guys are idiots? Francesa just said that he would've ruled it a goal because it was in his eyes, conclusive.

NYRaNgErS99112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRaNgErS99112 View Post
And we think these guys are idiots? Francesa just said that he would've ruled it a goal because it was in his eyes, conclusive.
AHAHAH "Buffalo DESTROYED the Rangers in the 3rd period." They don't even watch, they just guess what happens.

They don't know the first ****ing thing about hockey, yet they are speaking like they know all. ****ing morons.

Old
05-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Callahan View Post
Beat me to it. Cowlishaw was dead on with what he said.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Ola

Quote:

No, thats not the case. I'll give you a few hrs to figure out why this argument doesn't hold up in this case.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:36 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I really hope that people from outside the city understand that Mike and The ******* are not representative of the fans of the team they are blindly praising/condemning at any given time. They're a joke, plain and simple, and all fans know that. The only reason to listen is to hear them interact with the fans, and hear them get flustered when a fan points out their contradictions (before the caller gets cut).

Old
05-02-2007, 05:39 PM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
No, thats not the case. I'll give you a few hrs to figure out why this argument doesn't hold up in this case.
http://japersrink.blogspot.com/2007/...-reaction.html

The angle is inherently flawed. If it appears to be on the line by a millimeter, it's actually in.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:44 PM
NYRaNgErS99112

Send a message via AIM to NYRaNgErS99112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
AHAHAH "Buffalo DESTROYED the Rangers in the 3rd period." They don't even watch, they just guess what happens.

They don't know the first ****ing thing about hockey, yet they are speaking like they know all. ****ing morons.
Yeah, I dont even want to hear them talk about Hockey anymore. It's bad enough hearing them constantly try to find reasons to rip the Mets, now they act as if they're the authority when it comes to hockey. They probably looked at the stats on NHL.com and saw that the Sabres outshot the Rangers in the third period and just assumed that they "destroyed" us without even watching the game. Idiots.

NYRaNgErS99112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Ola

Quote:

The angle is inherently flawed. If it appears to be on the line by a millimeter, it's actually in.
If the puck is up in the air, yes. That wasn't the case when the puck hit Lundqvists pad. We all know that it isn't a mm from crossing the line where it can be seen.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Check the first 10 seconds 10 times on the vid at this place, and tell me the puck is in, follow the puck all the way out of the crease. The puck doesn't go in under Lundqvists pad, it bounces out with allot of speed, remember that the puck travels like 4 inches per frame after a shot, its defenitly possible that it hits the pads around the toe, ie where the last fram can be seen, and then bounces out on the next frame when you can't see it.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:02 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:

I'm not going to get into a debate about the degree of parallax, so I'll just say that for anything to be conclusive from that demo in your link you'd need the exact specifications of the camera setup in relation to the ice. Any slight difference in the angle the camera is held at can make a tremendous difference, which will essentially render useless the demo you provided.

Old
05-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralNYR View Post

Wilbon then said "If there's any justice in the world, Buffalo will close out the series."
Wilbon should tell that to Karel Rachunek and the Islanders, I'm sure they'll agree.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote