HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Mike Francesa and Chris Russo Guarantee Game 5 Sabre Win

Old
05-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Mike Francesa and Chris Russo Guarantee Game 5 Sabre Win

And they also guarantee the Sabres win the series in 6 or 7.

They both just said the Rangers got DESTROYED by the Sabres in the third period. They both said it was undoubtly a goal and Ranger fans are never allowed to complain about a bad call again for the rest of their lives. And somehow Mike saw white between the puck and line even though no one else in the world could...but he's Mike, the God of sports.

They both gurantee the Rangers will get destroyed on Friday. And they said the Ranger fans are getting too wrapped up in this team.

This is NY's biggest sports show. This is what sports fans listen to everyday...these two morons bashing hockey and the Rangers.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:39 PM
mnorman1

Send a message via AIM to mnorman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
And they also guarantee the Sabres win the series in 6 or 7.

They both just said the Rangers got DESTROYED by the Sabres in the third period. They both said it was undoubtly a goal and Ranger fans are never allowed to complain about a bad call again for the rest of their lives. And somehow Mike saw white between the puck and line even though no one else in the world could...but he's Mike, the God of sports.

They both gurantee the Rangers will get destroyed on Friday. And they said the Ranger fans are getting too wrapped up in this team.

This is NY's biggest sports show. This is what sports fans listen to everyday...these two morons bashing hockey and the Rangers.

I can't believe the entire media is picking up on this idea that "Sabres got screwed" when there was NO evidence to support a goal.

Please, focus on the usual crap, the NFL training camps, horse racing, what you're doing this weekend, and how Da Mets bench is....

mnorman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Captain Monglobster

Flood the phone-lines, put them on the spot.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Choice

Well then we're toast on friday. Can't dispute anything those guys say about hockey, they just know the players and subtleties of the sport so well.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
God I hate these two jokers. I wish NYC had an alternative to these two douchehats (word I stole from a previous thread). Does anyone take anything these guys say seriously?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
I think the team thrives in an underdog mentality anyway. Pile it on, critics.

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Balej20*

It's too bad ESPN Radio only talks about Basketball with Steven A Jackson or whatever his name is.

Old
05-02-2007, 05:44 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
It's too bad ESPN Radio only talks about Basketball with Steven A Jackson or whatever his name is.
*shudders* Steven A. Smith... As a former Brooklynite myself, I'm ashamed to have him claim my borough as home...

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

for two guys that never talk hockey they sure get a lot of play on this board...

who cares what they think right?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
for two guys that never talk hockey they sure get a lot of play on this board...

They are influential people in the NY Sports world...unfortunatley. So whatever they say, goes, and everyone believes it. People now think the Rangers are a joke and even if they do win somehow, they are lucky because they should have lost.

Old
05-02-2007, 05:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
They said it. People are talking about it. How do they keep there jobs? Because they do them well.

05-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
I was in NY a few weeks ago and on Micheal Kay's show they were talking hockey for a little while, like previewing the series'.

Also I don't think Mike and the Mad Dog even watched the game. Probably watched basketball.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:54 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
They are influential people in the NY Sports world...unfortunatley. So whatever they say, goes, and everyone believes it. People now think the Rangers are a joke and even if they do win somehow, they are lucky because they should have lost.
Based on what?

If anyone listens to them and the decides the Rangers are a joke they know less about the subject then the two who said it.

Who cares?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Choice

I like the show when theyre talking baseball or football

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
They said it. People are talking about it. How do they keep there jobs? Because they do them well.
Right, and that's why I never said they should lose their jobs. But no one outside of hardcore Ranger fans will ever take this team seriously with guys like them ripping on the team whenever they talk about hockey. Don't we want to attract new fans to the game, not make them laugh at the sport?

Old
05-02-2007, 06:07 PM
lotus

Someone send Colton Orr to deliver a KO punch to their faces, please.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:09 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Right, and that's why I never said they should lose their jobs. But no one outside of hardcore Ranger fans will ever take this team seriously with guys like them ripping on the team whenever they talk about hockey. Don't we want to attract new fans to the game, not make them laugh at the sport?
I think most people recognize Fatsesca for being an arrogant, self-absorbed pompous ass, while most people see Russo for the idiot he is. I mean, how can you can take someone seriously who says, "I don't care if John Maine wins 30 games this year, I won't trust him in a big spot", which, in itself, is just stupid, but then neglects that that Maine pitched a helluva a game IN A BIG SPOT (that being Game 6 win the Mets were down 3-2).

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:10 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Rangers should take the following steps:

1. Never go on WFAN ever again until those two losers leave. The media of New York, our very own city, goes against our team and roots for upstate, that's just pathetic.
2. Get the quotes of every single media person who says the the Rangers will lose the next 2 games and post it in the locker room, that should give them some nice motivation.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:15 PM
HF_Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I think most people recognize Fatsesca for being an arrogant, self-absorbed pompous ass, while most people see Russo for the idiot he is. I mean, how can you can take someone seriously who says, "I don't care if John Maine wins 30 games this year, I won't trust him in a big spot", which, in itself, is just stupid, but then neglects that that Maine pitched a helluva a game IN A BIG SPOT (that being Game 6 win the Mets were down 3-2).
Chris Russo is the "special" person who always thinks the things he says make people laugh, except we're laughing at him. He's a couple of fries short of a Happy Meal.

Mike Francecsa on the other hand will die of a heart attack because he's so fat, so we won't worry about him in a few years anyway.

It's awful to make fat and retard jokes on a forum, but these two are an embarrassment to sports radio.

HF_Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:19 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post

your right and we shouldn't even bother talking about hockey with these two clowns. did they bring up the rachunek's non goal? or the goal that was punched in? no. these two idiots should never utter a word about hockey. it's like me trying to talk basketball with anyone, i don't know crap about it so i have no opinion, whats their excuse?

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Ranger35
Zuccarello!

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
Rangers should take the following steps:

1. Never go on WFAN ever again until those two losers leave. The media of New York, our very own city, goes against our team and roots for upstate, that's just pathetic.
2. Get the quotes of every single media person who says the the Rangers will lose the next 2 games and post it in the locker room, that should give them some nice motivation.
1. Was cool when they had Jagr last season and he asked them how come they never talk hockey?

2. I'm all for it, us against the world.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:23 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Maybe Lindy Ruff should give them a call, since he doesn't seem to have answers right now.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:29 PM
MasonRanger

Send a message via AIM to MasonRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Fatcessa is a big fat moron but the Whiny Puppy is even dumber. I'd much rather listen to Steve Somers.

It's funny how all these sports media figures who barely ever talk about hockey are claiming that this play was clearly a goal. It just underlines the fact that they know nothing about the game and should just stick to obsessing about the other team in MSG who's been a joke for about a decade.

MasonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:30 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
1. Was cool when they had Jagr last season and he asked them how come they never talk hockey?

2. I'm all for it, us against the world.

Us against the world. Damn straight...I for one couldn't care less what those guys have to say about anything hockey. They're both clueless borderline bandwagon Devil fans who kiss Lou Lam's behind any chance they get and between the two of them couldn't name 10 current NHL players who aren't playing for a tri state area team without a computer or piece of paper in front of them. Any moron off the street could have watched the final 8 minutes of the 3rd period last night and said 'yeah..wow...that team's going to win this series'...I'm supposed to be impressed that these two idiots said that very same thing? Let them stick to what they know best- the same lame baseball stories, college basketball and which stadium Mike had the worst Ruben sandwich he has ever eaten....GO RANGERS!!!!

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Levitate

the only thing i can think of is that it's just a publicity stunt to get people riled up and calling in.

cuz it really makes no sense otherwise. first, why would they care when they don't care about hockey at all, and second, why the hate on the rangers? they don't have to be hometown homers, but i don't get why it's a big deal to them

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote