HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Francesa and Chris Russo Guarantee Game 5 Sabre Win

Old
05-02-2007, 06:34 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Well how about in football.
Guy fumbles the ball, other team picks it up and they call it for the other team. Team that fumbles says the player's knee was down. They go to replay. Replay shows a bunch of bodies in the way of the knee and all you can is the ball come out.
Refs call will say the ruling on the field stands.

This is the very same situation.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:42 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
the only thing i can think of is that it's just a publicity stunt to get people riled up and calling in.

cuz it really makes no sense otherwise. first, why would they care when they don't care about hockey at all, and second, why the hate on the rangers? they don't have to be hometown homers, but i don't get why it's a big deal to them

Know why they do things like that? because they can. It's that simple. They think they can say what they want because they're tops in NY sports radio. And they can get away with it on the topic of just about any other sport. It's just that any hockey fan in the tri state area knows full well that they don't know Sh** about Sh** when it comes to the game. They know Crosby, they know Lou Lam, and they know whatever is written in the NY Post and Daily News which they have in front of them during their show. Plain and simple

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Satan'sIsland81

Islander fan here in peace. I am not going to discuss the controversial call last night but rather the subject of Mike and the Mad Dog. I love listening to Mike and Chris especially for football and I guess for baseball although Im not exactly a huge baseball fan. It is also nice when they do actually bring up hockey for god forbid 5 minutes once in awhile, but the problem is that they usually only bring it up to make jokes about it.

Regular listeners of the show know that when they are talking about a slow sports weekend for example one of them will throw out the comment, oh maybe we could watch some hockey, with a huge smile on their faces and giggling like school girls. I just dont get why they have such hostility towards the sport of Hockey. Yet they often spend quite a bit of time talking about the NBA whose ratings have actually been even WORSE than the NHL playoffs ratings. Even when things are going well with hockey in the local area (like this year when all three teams made the playoffs) is it just me or do they actually sound annoyed that they have to spend 7 or 8 minutes talking about it? I dont get why they cant realize this might piss off some of their regular listeners who do enjoy what they have to say about the NFL or MLB.

Satan'sIsland81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Briannj1970

Why bother playing the games now?

Briannj1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:06 PM
nexusrage21

First of all, they are idiots. I like when someone makes a point that contradicts what they are saying, and they hang up on them, and start with the "what was he talking about".

As far as the mention of the goal. Mike was adament that it was a goal and should have been called as such. He "clearly saw a goal." Russo gave more of the, "I think it was a goal, but I don't see enough to overturn it."

What I thought was more interesting, and this goes to those who were saying they were bandwagon devils fans, (or closest dev's fans, I don't remember the exact words.) When a caller wanted to talk about the Dev's game tonight, they blew him off saying that it wasn't something to talk about. I believe the exact quote was, "Why would you talk about the devils, they play tonight, we are talking about the Rangers here."

I don't know who should be bothered more, devil's fans who were told by the Mike and the Mad Dog that their team's playoff game didn't matter, or Ranger fans who were told their team didn't stand a chance.

These guys are a joke when it comes to any real conversation about sports.

nexusrage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:09 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I love when they don't give the caller a chance to talk. They'll say half a sentence and they just talk over them. That's my favorite. Two ass holes are what they are.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:10 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusrage21 View Post
First of all, they are idiots. I like when someone makes a point that contradicts what they are saying, and they hang up on them, and start with the "what was he talking about".

As far as the mention of the goal. Mike was adament that it was a goal and should have been called as such. He "clearly saw a goal." Russo gave more of the, "I think it was a goal, but I don't see enough to overturn it."

What I thought was more interesting, and this goes to those who were saying they were bandwagon devils fans, (or closest dev's fans, I don't remember the exact words.) When a caller wanted to talk about the Dev's game tonight, they blew him off saying that it wasn't something to talk about. I believe the exact quote was, "Why would you talk about the devils, they play tonight, we are talking about the Rangers here."

I don't know who should be bothered more, devil's fans who were told by the Mike and the Mad Dog that their team's playoff game didn't matter, or Ranger fans who were told their team didn't stand a chance.

These guys are a joke when it comes to any real conversation about sports.
Francesca has been quoted in the past saying that he wished he could do the show without callers or that the calls are the worst part of it, something along those lines...

Just relish the underdog role folks. We proved we can play with this team but if people who have followed this team since we turned it around the last 6 weeks of the regular season onward want to spew stuff like this...let 'em.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:11 PM
BeckeramosIsHere

Everyone should realize that these two assclowns have an agenda with Glen Sather. They dislike the man with a passion. They do not want to see him succeed here in the least. You all should know this. The ONLY time they talk about the Rangers is win either they are playing bad or when something like last night happens. They've watched about 5 minutes of hockey in the last 5 years. And that might even be a stretch. They know nothing of this team or any other team in the NHL. I'd be surprised if they could name 5 players on either team, let alone pronounce their names correctly.

BeckeramosIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Nich

why do people keep listening to these fools?

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:22 PM
NYRBLUE 74

Send a message via AIM to NYRBLUE 74
The Smoother , is the hockey man....here in NY.

Steve (The Smoother) Somers is the hockey man in NY. WFAN is our sports radio station. F74K Mike and the Mad dog..... (The Dog) Russo, is even a Yankees or a Mets fan .....he's a SF Giants fan....Anyways we also have a new-old Rangers Fan at WFAN. Boomer! was at last nights game wearing a Rangers jersey. Boomer does the morning show now at the Fan...He talks hockey and I love it.

Peace.

NYRBLUE 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:25 PM
JamesG1221

Well It was a poor choice of words. What I was really trying to say was that they seem to have a level of respect on occassion for Lou Lam and how he runs the Devils organization. I've heard them talk him up as elite numerous times. However, it doesn't suprise me in the least that they would shrug off the Devils series. They probably looked at Ottawa's record for the regular season, saw they had a 2-1 lead in their series with the Devils and wrote them off..as I've said...morons..

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:29 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Right, and that's why I never said they should lose their jobs. But no one outside of hardcore Ranger fans will ever take this team seriously with guys like them ripping on the team whenever they talk about hockey. Don't we want to attract new fans to the game, not make them laugh at the sport?
They don't have that kind of clout.

I put as much stock in those two saying the Rangers will lose Game 5 as I do in a blind person telling me I'm wearing an ugly shirt.

05-02-2007, 07:34 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

its so frustrating when they "try" to talk about hockey...it gets me so worked up...they know nothing and make it seem like they do...they bash renney and the Rangers, and I have to control myself not to call them and tell them to just stop there embarassing themselves

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckeramosIsHere View Post
Everyone should realize that these two assclowns have an agenda with Glen Sather.
Didn't Sather insult them in a casual, backhanded way one time when they had him on the show?

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I like how they call DP rick diPETRO

idiots

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:37 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peantbuttapruchatime View Post
its so frustrating when they "try" to talk about hockey...it gets me so worked up...they know nothing and make it seem like they do...they bash renney and the Rangers, and I have to control myself not to call them and tell them to just stop there embarassing themselves
That's exactly what they want to happen.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
And they also guarantee the Sabres win the series in 6 or 7.

They both just said the Rangers got DESTROYED by the Sabres in the third period. They both said it was undoubtly a goal and Ranger fans are never allowed to complain about a bad call again for the rest of their lives. And somehow Mike saw white between the puck and line even though no one else in the world could...but he's Mike, the God of sports.

They both gurantee the Rangers will get destroyed on Friday. And they said the Ranger fans are getting too wrapped up in this team.

This is NY's biggest sports show. This is what sports fans listen to everyday...these two morons bashing hockey and the Rangers.
My favorite thing is they are often wrong when predicting sports they actually know about and they are trying to predict a game they have no clue about.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Didn't Sather insult them in a casual, backhanded way one time when they had him on the show?
They pulled their usual thug act of asking questions and not letting the guest answer.

Old
05-02-2007, 07:38 PM
John Torturella

When the Icelanders made the playoffs Russo was calling him "DiPiero"

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Nich

i would love to call in, and when i get on the air i would say

"first time caller, and i never listen. just want to say, guys you know nothing about hockey what so ever. 'click'"

what's really sad is i hate them so much that if they were on fire, i wouldn't piss on them to put it out...and i feel like a bad person for it....but my bladder doesn't care....

Old
05-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
I'm pretty sure Francessa is an Islander "fan", and since Russo follows him on everything - there ya go.

I hate those two clowns. It's not even that they don't know anything about what they do - it's how OBNOXIOUS they are to everyone.

And I know that's how they keep their jobs - but whatever. It's a rare occassion when I listen to them.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:43 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
I'm pretty sure Francessa is an Islander "fan", and since Russo follows him on everything - there ya go.

I hate those two clowns. It's not even that they don't know anything about what they do - it's how OBNOXIOUS they are to everyone.

And I know that's how they keep their jobs - but whatever. It's a rare occassion when I listen to them.
Mike was a pretty big Ranger fan back when he was pulling in a paycheck from the Garden.

Old
05-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Nich

see thats the thing, where do they get off being obnoxious? i mean it isn't like they could tell me anything i didn't know besides about barry bonds and the sf giants. and seriously, who cares?

the best was the day after the yankees clinched a few years ago, they were talking about the giants....who didn't make the playoffs. i mean that's like going to a strip club, and going there for the drinks!

Old
05-02-2007, 07:45 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
i would love to call in, and when i get on the air i would say

"first time caller, and i never listen. just want to say, guys you know nothing about hockey what so ever. 'click'"

what's really sad is i hate them so much that if they were on fire, i wouldn't piss on them to put it out...and i feel like a bad person for it....but my bladder doesn't care....
All that would show them is whatever they're doing is working.

Old
05-02-2007, 07:46 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
see thats the thing, where do they get off being obnoxious? i mean it isn't like they could tell me anything i didn't know besides about barry bonds and the sf giants. and seriously, who cares?

the best was the day after the yankees clinched a few years ago, they were talking about the giants....who didn't make the playoffs. i mean that's like going to a strip club, and going there for the drinks!
Where do they get off being obnoxious about anything? What credentials do these two have that make them experts?