HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Francesa and Chris Russo Guarantee Game 5 Sabre Win

Old
05-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Nich

vCash: 500
well i don't listen now....so how can i get them off the air?

wait a minute, maybe thats why so many ny sports fans are full of ****...they listen to the cow's!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Where do they get off being obnoxious about anything? What credentials do these two have that make them experts?
1 - they have a radio show
2 - they have no lives so they have nothing else to do

Old
05-02-2007, 07:48 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
1 - they have a radio show
2 - they have no lives so they have nothing else to do
Wait, so having a radio show makes them experts?

05-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Quote:
Mike was a pretty big Ranger fan back when he was pulling in a paycheck from the Garden.
Was he? That may be true, but all I kept hearing this season after interviews (the only time I really listen to them) was how much the Isles had a likeable team and the Rangers didn't.

BTW, I hope that DiPierdo guy is good. Russo keeps talking about him. And Yaaahshin.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:49 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
well i don't listen now....so how can i get them off the air?

wait a minute, maybe thats why so many ny sports fans are full of ****...they listen to the cow's!
You can't get them off the air.

Don't listen to them.

Or start your own radio station and go up against them.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:50 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
Was he? That may be true, but all I kept hearing this season after interviews (the only time I really listen to them) was how much the Isles had a likeable team and the Rangers didn't.

BTW, I hope that DiPierdo guy is good. Russo keeps talking about him. And Yaaahshin.
I don't know. I'm just saying if you waive a buck under his nose, Mike's tune can turn pretty quickly.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Nich

Quote:
Wait, so having a radio show makes them experts?
only reason i could think of

Old
05-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Nich

Quote:
I don't know. I'm just saying if you waive a buck under his nose, Mike's tune can turn pretty quickly.
sounds like a ******* to boot!

Old
05-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Quote:
Yeah, but that can be said about any player/sports personality, yknow?

Look at Johnny Damon.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 08:03 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Francesa hates the Rangers because back in the day he used to have a late night show that fell after Rangers games when they played. Naturally fans would want to know about hockey a lot and he didn't know anything. So after a few years of the crappy show he finally got fired and since then he hates the Rangers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Francesa
Quote:
In 1990, Francesa began hosting a talk show following Knicks and Rangers games at Madison Square Garden called Live from the Play By Play. The Play By Play is a restaurant in Madison Square Garden. The show featured sports and entertainment figures in a "late night" talk style program. The show did not last past 1995, but was revived for one year in 2005 as a post-game show for Knicks home games. WEPN's Brandon Tierney was the host.
There's probably more to it, but that's all the info I could find about the show.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 09:07 PM
BroadwayBlair

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
Someone send Colton Orr to deliver a KO punch to their faces, please.
the fedoruk special?

BroadwayBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 09:14 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

They really went out on a limb saying the underdog won't win the series.

My M&MD greatest hockey moment was last year when they kept saying "from what I have seen, Detroit looks unbeatable".

I used to be a daily listener/watcher without fail for 10 years+. I may tune in a couple times a month now.

WFAN ratings have dropped .6 (2.7 to 2.1) in the last 18 months. WEPN (1.1) and WFAN will be neck and neck in the next 18 months.

05-02-2007, 09:37 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
Someone send Colton Orr to deliver a KO punch to their faces, please.
I nominate DaGoon or TBBB!

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Briannj1970

Quote:
Or if Bill Parcells tells him the Rangers'll win. That'll get him to change his tune faster than anything.

Briannj1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 10:08 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
I REALLY hate those two guys.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 10:08 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
And they also guarantee the Sabres win the series in 6 or 7.

They both just said the Rangers got DESTROYED by the Sabres in the third period. They both said it was undoubtly a goal and Ranger fans are never allowed to complain about a bad call again for the rest of their lives. And somehow Mike saw white between the puck and line even though no one else in the world could...but he's Mike, the God of sports.

They both gurantee the Rangers will get destroyed on Friday. And they said the Ranger fans are getting too wrapped up in this team.

This is NY's biggest sports show. This is what sports fans listen to everyday...these two morons bashing hockey and the Rangers.
This just means that Buffalo is **** due to the fact that neither of those two idiots know anything ANYTHING about the sport.

Buffalo pressed because they were desperate to tie the game up and due to the fact that no one wants to be tied at 2 games each after leading the series 2 games to nil.

You had to expect that there would be a period of the game where Buffalo absolutely dominated the action and you have to expect that they will try to give the Rangers the bums rush on Friday so to say that the Rangers got destroyed for 1 period while not looking at Games 2, 3 and the majority of game #4 pretty much tells you all you need to know about their accumen on the sport of Hockey.

Al friggin Trautwig has forgotten more about Hockey than either of those two assklowns will ever know.

I got an idea for the Fat Man and the Mangy Mutt, read something from the Racing Form as opposed to speaking about Hockey, ****ers

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 05-02-2007 at 10:24 PM.
pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Garv23

These 2 morons are just another reason why I love music so much.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 11:28 PM
BernieNicholls9

They shouldn't even bother talking hockey, they are making complete ***** out of themselves. Leave the puck talk to Joe Benigno and Steve Sommers

BernieNicholls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 11:40 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Sorry but I don't take anything anyone on that station says about hockey seriously unless they are named Steve Somers, Joe Benigno or Mark Maloussis (sp).

The most knowledgeable hockey voice on NY Radio is Don Lagreca over on The Michael Kay Show on WEPN. Unfortunately Kay himself knows absolutely nothing about hockey and since he is paid by the Yankees (he's their PXP man), he will dedicate an hour of his show every day to them even if they are playing a game in april against the Devil Rays.

Mike and the Mad Dog are entertaining to listen to if they are discussing basketball, baseball, football or television ratings. They discuss hockey and it's all over.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 11:43 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
And they also guarantee the Sabres win the series in 6 or 7.

They both just said the Rangers got DESTROYED by the Sabres in the third period. They both said it was undoubtly a goal and Ranger fans are never allowed to complain about a bad call again for the rest of their lives. And somehow Mike saw white between the puck and line even though no one else in the world could...but he's Mike, the God of sports.

They both gurantee the Rangers will get destroyed on Friday. And they said the Ranger fans are getting too wrapped up in this team.

This is NY's biggest sports show. This is what sports fans listen to everyday...these two morons bashing hockey and the Rangers.

well if they were bashing basketball and the knicks, they would most likely get fired for that. since its hockey, they thought that no one would care. I dont understand how Hockey gets bashed all the time when people say its not a sport. its the most physical sport out there. Football is physical but they dont play 82 games a year.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 11:45 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRBLUE 74 View Post
Steve (The Smoother) Somers is the hockey man in NY. WFAN is our sports radio station. F74K Mike and the Mad dog..... (The Dog) Russo, is even a Yankees or a Mets fan .....he's a SF Giants fan....Anyways we also have a new-old Rangers Fan at WFAN. Boomer! was at last nights game wearing a Rangers jersey. Boomer does the morning show now at the Fan...He talks hockey and I love it.

Peace.

Isn't he the "schmoozer"?

"Steve Somers here, you there..."

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuddy View Post
Isn't he the "schmoozer"?

"Steve Somers here, you there..."
Yep, that's him.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 12:03 AM
StartLundqvist

Guys, they practically never watch hockey. They have no idea what they are talking about, so why get so worked up about it?

Saying that, there is no doubt that game 5 will be VERY tough for us to win.

StartLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 12:23 AM
nexusrage21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG1221 View Post
What I thought was more interesting, and this goes to those who were saying they were bandwagon devils fans, (or closest dev's fans, I don't remember the exact words.) When a caller wanted to talk about the Dev's game tonight, they blew him off saying that it wasn't something to talk about. I believe the exact quote was, "Why would you talk about the devils, they play tonight, we are talking about the Rangers here."

Well It was a poor choice of words. What I was really trying to say was that they seem to have a level of respect on occassion for Lou Lam and how he runs the Devils organization. I've heard them talk him up as elite numerous times. However, it doesn't suprise me in the least that they would shrug off the Devils series. They probably looked at Ottawa's record for the regular season, saw they had a 2-1 lead in their series with the Devils and wrote them off..as I've said...morons..
Yeah, it's all good though, because I didn't really intend to contradict you, I just thought it would be interesting to note. I've noticed the Lou lovefest too. Including them just accepting making himself coach without giving a reason, and not really forcing him to give one. Which was funny, because when Boomer took over the mornings a few days ago, Russo was really dogging him (no pun intended) about letting a football player not answer a question or something like that in an interview.

I don't know about everyone else, but I usually listen to the sports radio shows hoping for a snippet of useful/interesting information. Some of the shows entertain me, I like Max Kellerman even though the things he actually says about sports/teams/players are absurd.

The fact is though, just about everyone in sports radio is either very pompus about their opinions, they have fan biases (listen to everyone on espn radio talk about the yankees.), or they don't know what they are talking about.

Let's face it anyone can talk about sports, but not everyone can talk on the radio. So basically you are getting mediocre sports knowledge, but they run a radio board, so they get to talk.

nexusrage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 07:56 AM
JLand

I refuse to listen/watch those 2 hacks....Abbot & Costello

JLand is offline   Reply With Quote