HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Mike Francesa and Chris Russo Guarantee Game 5 Sabre Win

Old
05-03-2007, 08:03 AM
blue2noise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
God I hate these two jokers. I wish NYC had an alternative to these two douchehats (word I stole from a previous thread). Does anyone take anything these guys say seriously?
You sure do have an alternative. Scott Ferrall on Sirius channel 101.

Guy knows his sports, LOVES to talk hockey like crazy and he a pisser to boot.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 08:07 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post

Damn I was wondering what happened to Ferrell. That guy was the man, I used to stay up listening to him on the FAN when I was like 12, then they canceled his show. He loved hockey.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 08:37 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Damn I was wondering what happened to Ferrell. That guy was the man, I used to stay up listening to him on the FAN when I was like 12, then they canceled his show. He loved hockey.
Uncensored he is awesome

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 09:04 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRChazzer View Post
Rangers should take the following steps:

1. Never go on WFAN ever again until those two losers leave. The media of New York, our very own city, goes against our team and roots for upstate, that's just pathetic.
2. Get the quotes of every single media person who says the the Rangers will lose the next 2 games and post it in the locker room, that should give them some nice motivation.
Steve Sommers is also on the WFAN....not to mention the fearless forecaster

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 09:14 AM
NoCurse94

Send a message via AIM to NoCurse94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
And they also guarantee the Sabres win the series in 6 or 7.

They both just said the Rangers got DESTROYED by the Sabres in the third period. They both said it was undoubtly a goal and Ranger fans are never allowed to complain about a bad call again for the rest of their lives. And somehow Mike saw white between the puck and line even though no one else in the world could...but he's Mike, the God of sports.

They both gurantee the Rangers will get destroyed on Friday. And they said the Ranger fans are getting too wrapped up in this team.

This is NY's biggest sports show. This is what sports fans listen to everyday...these two morons bashing hockey and the Rangers.

forget the goal, I want video evidence that these two clowns actually watched game 4.

NoCurse94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 09:35 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
God I hate these two jokers. I wish NYC had an alternative to these two douchehats (word I stole from a previous thread). Does anyone take anything these guys say seriously?
the whole station is terrible!!!

TERRIBLE!!

Evan Roberts is the worst ever...no...like...EVER. I hate that little ginger *****.

05-03-2007, 09:43 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I don't mind Evan and Joe because they actually talk about the Rangers and seem to know what they are talking about for the most part.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 09:49 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Don Maloney on WFAN right now

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Stinkin' Root Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Sorry but I don't take anything anyone on that station says about hockey seriously unless they are named Steve Somers, Joe Benigno or Mark Maloussis (sp).

The most knowledgeable hockey voice on NY Radio is Don Lagreca over on The Michael Kay Show on WEPN. Unfortunately Kay himself knows absolutely nothing about hockey and since he is paid by the Yankees (he's their PXP man), he will dedicate an hour of his show every day to them even if they are playing a game in april against the Devil Rays.

Mike and the Mad Dog are entertaining to listen to if they are discussing basketball, baseball, football or television ratings. They discuss hockey and it's all over.
And if you don't mind shelling out 12 bucks a month, Home Ice XM 204 is a great listen any time of the day. Phil Esposito is a moron, but it's a huge upgrade over these two clowns.

Stinkin' Root Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 10:26 AM
RFAN

The truth...

After listening to these guys and thinking about it;

Here is the truth of it as it concerns Mike and the Mad-dog; Mike doesn't like hockey for one reason only, he views himself a handy-capper. Hockey is not a good gambler sport and that is why he doesn't like it, period. Now before people start flaming me think of what these two guy do when not talking Yankees/Mets, Jets/Giants, they talk basketball and football. Why? Because more money is spent per year gambling on Football and Basketball then baseball and way down at the bottom hockey. This is also why they are so popular, where else can you get free advice on the Mavs or Golden state games? Mike even spends time on horse racing. Again itís all about the money. Now unless someone finds a way to make hockey more desirable to gamblers, do not expect these two guys to pay attention.

RFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 10:31 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post

Shake it up....

He was great the other night going on and on about Jagrs BIG ASS and how he uses it to dominate along the boards....

Old
05-03-2007, 10:32 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Shake it up....

He was great the other night going on and on about Jagrs BIG ASS and how he uses it to dominate along the boards....
He used to do radio play-by-play for Atlanta when they were first introduced.... I can't believe he's still around.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 10:32 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFAN View Post
After listening to these guys and thinking about it;

Here is the truth of it as it concerns Mike and the Mad-dog; Mike doesn't like hockey for one reason only, he views himself a handy-capper. Hockey is not a good gambler sport and that is why he doesn't like it, period. Now before people start flaming me think of what these two guy do when not talking Yankees/Mets, Jets/Giants, they talk basketball and football. Why? Because more money is spent per year gambling on Football and Basketball then baseball and way down at the bottom hockey. This is also why they are so popular, where else can you get free advice on the Mavs or Golden state games? Mike even spends time on horse racing. Again itís all about the money. Now unless someone finds a way to make hockey more desirable to gamblers, do not expect these two guys to pay attention.
Bingo

Old
05-03-2007, 10:34 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

[QUOTE=RFAN;9162625]
Hockey is not a good gambler sportQUOTE]

It may not be a good gambling sport in the states, but here in Canada, we have "pro-line". Its a craze!

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 10:46 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Farrell is on Sirius Howard 101.Monday-Friday night.Stern and Mel Karmazin hired Scotty

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 10:46 AM
dave4

Forget Mike & the MD...listen to Boomer in the morning

Mike and the Mad Dog are always the first to admit they know nothing about hockey and care even less than that, so why worry about what they're saying? To be fair they should probably preface every hockey comment they make with that statement, something like "We know nothing about hockey but that was definitely a goal".

The better listen is Boomer Esiason in Imus's old spot in the morning. He's a devout Ranger fan, he loves talking about the Rangers, especially this time of year, he's been to a ton of games and he knows what he's talking about.

They're trying to keep it part sports and part political, but Boomer throws in Ranger stuff whenever he can. For instance the woman on the show was talking about Prince Harry and whether he should go to battle or not, and Boomer interjected "The only royalty I care about is King Henrik".

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 10:56 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The woman is conservative commentator Monica Crowley.She used to have a show on MSNBC with Ron Reagan which was cancelled a while ago.Chris Russo was Boomer's co-host on Monday

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Brunomics

Since sirious and xm are merging waht is going to happen to that ferrell guy? I have xm and i absolutely love it for hockey talk. Everyone does a really good job and you get every hockey game is pretty sweet. But honestly as much as I hate mike and the mad dog, steven a smith has to be up there with him. The guy knows nothing but basketball and every opinion he has is influenced by race which is ridiculous. He's such a joke

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
I hate the Rangers. But, in the healthy "let's have a good rivalry" sense of the word.

So, could you guys do me a favor and win this series? Buffalo has been anointed as the "New NHL" team. And that pisses me off. Lindy thinks that he deserves to have a Cup handed to him and everything he says makes him look like a hypocrite. I really need you guys to kick his ego in the junk. It has to end. The diving and the whining and the self-fellating.

I've even stopped wishing horrible things on Sean Avery for this series.

And that's hard to do.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:44 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Farrell is on Sirius Howard 101.Monday-Friday night.Stern and Mel Karmazin hired Scotty
He used to be on "The Sports Guys" in the morning, on 102.7

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:53 AM
n_a_c

Who really cares what they predict? I'm sure they make predictions all the time about, and are wrong a good amount of time. As to the wording - it just makes some controversy and makes for "better radio". After all, we are all talking about what they said. I don't hold it against them. (Even if they are wrong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
1. Was cool when they had Jagr last season and he asked them how come they never talk hockey?
I REALLY respect Jagr if he said that. That is a great, great question - and takes balls since they could have gotten upset and basically talked Jagr off the show (to put it nicely)

n_a_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_a_c View Post
I REALLY respect Jagr if he said that. That is a great, great question - and takes balls since they could have gotten upset and basically talked Jagr off the show (to put it nicely)
LMAO, I've changed my attitude about Jags. He's a person, but people want to villify him for his days in PITT and WAS. I bought it too, but now the real guy has come out. He loves NY and it shows.

That's awesome that Jagr who has some trouble with the language finds himself at home on those two moron's show and even gets a shot in at them. It's almost as if he knows they're *******S and believes he doesn't have a handicap being a Czech when talking to them.

Twitter
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 12:13 PM
canuckulous

Steve Somers always talks Hockey and he's much more entertaining to listen to than Mike & the Mad Dog, imo.

canuckulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 12:23 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Damn right! I can't get enough of that show when I'm near my sirius radio.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Maybe Boomer will get the morning show?

We need an alternative to M&M......

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote