HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crazy Thought: Hollweg & Larry Double Team

Old
05-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

vCash: 500
Crazy Thought: Hollweg & Larry Double Team

What would people think if they saw Hollweg dancing his ass off right next to Larry? We all know he's not a shy guy when it comes to dancing. As long as he's sitting, why can't Hollweg just take a walk with security when the song's about to come on and get it on with the Dancin' Maniac in the 400's?!

Not sure if people are worried about professionalism or even injury from some stupid drunks, but it sure would catch the player's eye more and get the fans even more pumped up.

Da-Da-Da...

Old
05-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

I would lose all respect for Hollweg and the Rangers managment...

Not to mention this would never happen...

Just another case of fans thinking the players are there friend...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:23 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
What would people think if they saw Hollweg dancing his ass off right next to Larry? We all know he's not a shy guy when it comes to dancing. As long as he's sitting, why can't Hollweg just take a walk with security when the song's about to come on and get it on with the Dancin' Maniac in the 400's?!

Not sure if people are worried about professionalism or even injury from some stupid drunks, but it sure would catch the player's eye more and get the fans even more pumped up.

Da-Da-Da...

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:23 AM
dank

First of all, when I read the title I thought something very different and much less PG. I'll admit I was creeped out by the title a bit.

Anyways, I don't think that you would lose respect for both Hollweg and the Rangers, so stop your melodrama. It'd be funny and you'd definitely be aching for the YT link.

That being said, unless it were for a commercial or directly suggested (they just wouldn't think of it themselves) by someone, I doubt it would happen. It's too esoteric for most to get, plus may cause more mayhem and distraction.

Losing respect for the organization and a player over a fun(ny) stunt for the fans, pfft. Come on.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
First of all, when I read the title I thought something very different and much less PG. I'll admit I was creeped out by the title a bit.

Anyways, I don't think that you would lose respect for both Hollweg and the Rangers, so stop your melodrama. It'd be funny and you'd definitely be aching for the YT link.

That being said, unless it were for a commercial or directly suggested (they just wouldn't think of it themselves) by someone, I doubt it would happen. It's too esoteric for most to get, plus may cause more mayhem and distraction.

Losing respect for the organization and a player over a fun(ny) stunt for the fans, pfft. Come on.
This is the playoffs bro...sorry you don't even do this stuff in the preseason forget the playoffs

Hollweg is going to go from a guy that played over 70 games in the regular season to dancing in the stands during the playoffs...sorry something tells me you'll be waiting for the YT link for a long time...

What's next Colton Orr handing out pretzels with Chewie the pretzel guy?

I'd lose all respect for the organziation of Hollweg starts dancing during the game? He should be paying attention to what's going on during the game....

Old
05-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
This is the playoffs bro...sorry you don't even do this stuff in the preseason forget the playoffs

Hollweg is going to go from a guy that played over 70 games in the regular season to dancing in the stands during the playoffs...sorry something tells me you'll be waiting for the YT link for a long time...

What's next Colton Orr handing out pretzels with Chewie the pretzel guy?

I'd lose all respect for the organziation of Hollweg starts dancing during the game? He should be paying attention to what's going on during the game....
I know what you're saying, but if this is such a problem, we should be worried about players going to bars and being in the NYC nightlife as well. Atleast here, NYR can keep an eye on them...

I wouldn't mind getting a pretzel from Orr, atleast I know if **** is going down, he'd have Ranger's fans backs...can't say that for some of those skinny concessioners.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
I know what you're saying, but if this is such a problem, we should be worried about players going to bars and being in the NYC nightlife as well. Atleast here, NYR can keep an eye on them...

I wouldn't mind getting a pretzel from Orr, atleast I know if **** is going down, he'd have Ranger's fans backs...can't say that for some of those skinny concessioners.
no we shouldn't worry about players going to bars and enjoying the nyc nightlife..that's there personal life and it doesn't interfere with there job on the ice...

one has nothing to do with the other...

what you want is Hollweg to turn into some sort of mascot...

Old
05-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:

what you want is Hollweg to turn into some sort of mascot...
I think he's already established himself as just that in the lockerroom, but I guess its okay because it's in the lockerroom.

Old
05-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:

Just another case of fans thinking the players are there friend...
Riiight. I wish I could play chess with Jagr, stroll in the park with Shanahan, play XBOX with Callahan, and party with Girardi.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while and has nothing to do with what I suggested.

Old
05-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
I think he's already established himself as just that in the lockerroom, but I guess its okay because it's in the lockerroom.
Yeah and his dance is done BEFORE games to loosen up the players.....That doesn't make Hollweg a mascot...Having him dance for the fans during the game makes him a mascot "somebody warm up baby elephant walk, Hollweg is about to dance"

The Rangers have done a pretty good job ON THE ICE of keeping the fans loud and happy....Do they really need a player to...wait for it...wait for it...DANCE to get the fans pumped up?

Old
05-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Riiight. I wish I could play chess with Jagr, stroll in the park with Shanahan, play XBOX with Callahan, and party with Girardi.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while and has nothing to do with what I suggested.

Did you hear the one about Ryan Hollweg getting up and dancing with Dancin Larry?

Old
05-03-2007, 02:51 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Quote:

I still wish the Duke Lacrosse team invited me to their party

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 02:52 PM
FmmF3*

Is this thread even remotely serious?

FmmF3* is offline   Reply With Quote