HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Preissing vs. Poti

Old
05-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Fantom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Did you see what Jay McKee and Willie Mitchell got on the market last year?
that is true.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Did you see what Jay McKee and Willie Mitchell got on the market last year? My guess is that Hannan will command at least McKee type dollars.
And Hannan is pretty comparable to those two, not to mention if SJ goes deep into the playoffs, he'll get a lot of credit for that, boosting his value further. Top that off with the cap going up, and I could easily see Hannan end up 4.5-5m or so.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:55 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
Hmm..whenever I saw him, I saw him as a very good defenseman who chips in on offense...

WHatever. My targets are Cory Sarich and Scott Hannan to replace Poti and Hill.
Rangers fan here, im surprised u guys like Poti so much. As a Rangers fan, our fans hated him cause he never used his body and played like a pansy. Im hoping Hannan, Vishnevski, or Sarich come to the Rangers this offseason.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 12:04 PM
RWWallpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Rangers fan here, im surprised u guys like Poti so much. As a Rangers fan, our fans hated him cause he never used his body and played like a pansy. Im hoping Hannan, Vishnevski, or Sarich come to the Rangers this offseason.
Poti does not play a physical type game but he did a good job for us this year. He will never win a Norris to say the least but for what they paid him...I have no complaints.

RWWallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 12:17 PM
hb6947
Hooked Since '78

Quote:

What I don't understand is during this discussion everyone has us carrying 8 D-men. Nolan has been quoted as saying he does not like to carry the extra players in the press box. At no time last year did we carry anymore than six D other than during injury or during the playoffs.

With that in mind it's pretty simple, We line up like this:

Poti Bergeron

Witt Martinek

Campoli Gervais

Meyer would be left in BP if you folllow Nolans comments.

Looking at that line-up I feel like we lack another R handed physical D-man. I love Martinek but IMHO he would be the one to be moved, mostly because he is similar to two young D-men I think the organization would like to keep (except I think that for the right deal Campoli could be had) and secondly because he is one of the only D-men we actually hold the rights to and could afford to lose if replaced with the D-man I speak of.

In a nut shell I would move Martinek and try and aquire Sarich, Rivet, Boyonton, Morris ect. Sarich is my choice because we just have to sign him, but I suspect they will leave things the way they are and focus on Smyth, Yashins future and what I'm dreaming of, Gomez!

Addition: D Line up with R handed Physical D-man (IN my case Sarich)

Poti Bergeron

Witt Gervais

Camopli Sarich

hb6947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Quote:
It's funny you quoted me on that - as I am one of the few Islander fans that despises Poti, precisely for those two reasons.

So pretty much, yep, I agree.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb6947 View Post
What I don't understand is during this discussion everyone has us carrying 8 D-men. Nolan has been quoted as saying he does not like to carry the extra players in the press box. At no time last year did we carry anymore than six D other than during injury or during the playoffs.

With that in mind it's pretty simple, We line up like this:

Poti Bergeron

Witt Martinek

Campoli Gervais

Meyer would be left in BP if you folllow Nolans comments.

Looking at that line-up I feel like we lack another R handed physical D-man. I love Martinek but IMHO he would be the one to be moved, mostly because he is similar to two young D-men I think the organization would like to keep (except I think that for the right deal Campoli could be had) and secondly because he is one of the only D-men we actually hold the rights to and could afford to lose if replaced with the D-man I speak of.

In a nut shell I would move Martinek and try and aquire Sarich, Rivet, Boyonton, Morris ect. Sarich is my choice because we just have to sign him, but I suspect they will leave things the way they are and focus on Smyth, Yashins future and what I'm dreaming of, Gomez!

Addition: D Line up with R handed Physical D-man (IN my case Sarich)

Poti Bergeron

Witt Gervais

Camopli Sarich
thats D is just as bad as we have now.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 01:57 PM
My friend

I agree with the above poster that we need to add some right side beef. Thing is, MAB should NOT be playing top 4 minutes. Poti has indeed already demonstrated that he CAN play top 4 minutes, so we should ADD someone to play with him. Again IMHO, we should target Boynton.

Martinek is payed as a bottom pairing D man, and Gervias is almost ready for top 4 minutes, so even if Martinek goes down, Gervias can step up to play with Witt.

One of Campoli or Meyer should be traded, since neither of them can be sent down next year without going thru waivers. Sean Hill should be re-signed if possible, or a cheap replacement that emulates him (Good luck finding that).

As far as Bridgeport callups go, we'll have the speedy Kohn (who's not ready) and O'Neil, (who may be close). That assumes we're able to sign O'Neil, which I don't think should be a problem. Both of these kids should be just as ready as Campoli and Gervias were last year, and for either of them to see any playing time, it would take major injuries to 2 of our top 4 guys.

Anyway, I don't see how Preissing is what we need.

My friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 02:21 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Did you see what Jay McKee and Willie Mitchell got on the market last year? My guess is that Hannan will command at least McKee type dollars.
And Mitchell has been well worth it.

As I think Hannan is.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote