HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DiPietro's progress

Old
05-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Killer Carlson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyisles View Post
Good point Killer. The Rangers have a better team than the Isles. It's tough to say at this point who is the better goalie but I would guess that if DP were on the Rangers they would probably be in the same place that they are now.
Agreed. I think that Henrik is a great, great goalie and him and DP are too close to call, IMO.

05-03-2007, 03:32 PM
JP Parise

The real question is why someone, instead of basking in the intoxicating glow of their own team's living, breathing playoff run, would wish to come into another team's thread for the express purpose of pissing on a parade that's been over for two weeks?

Lame.

Now I hope Lundqvist ruptures his soul.

JP Parise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 03:35 PM
sonnyisles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Parise View Post
The real question is why someone, instead of basking in the intoxicating glow of their own team's living, breathing playoff run, would wish to come into another team's thread for the express purpose of pissing on a parade that's been over for two weeks?

Lame.

Is a ruptured soul treatable?

sonnyisles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Diehard1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Parise View Post

Lame.

Thank you!!!! smart post!

Diehard1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 04:13 PM
E_Godard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This is all objective of course, but if you need tangible evidence, then look no further than the fact that Lundqvist is carrying his team further in the playoffs right now than DiPietro ever has....Then theres also the 2 Vezina nominations in 2 seasons compared to DiPietro's zero.
This post is about as useless as all the other crap thats been pouring out of coworker Ranger fan friends of mine.

Lets ignore the fact that they both had close to identicle seasons and just come out with the godly praises of King H! Did you really think youd gain anything by coming here with that or maybe just trying to reassure your own misbeliefs?

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 05:56 PM
letsgoisles89

the only statistics that arent not identical really are gp and minutes...considering they faced the same amount of shots and dp played around 500 minutes less than him, that shows how much DP has been bailing out his fellow blue-liners when hes in between the pipes...DP faced an average of 31.7 shots per game, which was 4th in the league (behind huet, kolzig, and thomas). lundqvist averaged 28.1 shots per game...a 4 shot difference doesnt seem like much on paper, but its really a big factor when you're actually watching the game......

letsgoisles89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Even if Lundqvist is better than DiPietro, it's by a very small margin.

Just remember who has the better defense and who has the better team.

I think you're letting past seasons when DiPietro was not developed get into your head.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 06:28 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
As I've thought it to be all along, Rick will show gradual improvements with each passing year until he's about 28/29 (entering prime). And now all the more reason that he has a solid supproting cast and coaching staff.

For me it begins and ends with in-game/out-game consistency and his ability to "economize" his motion (a 'Jaffe-ism' if you will); Being square to the shooter before the shot is taken, he's vastly improved, but still has some ways to go in that dept..

Unfortunately, now the question looms over his head, no longer is the potential issue only about his consistency, but his health. Assuming his head is fine, he will continue to grow into a top 3/4 goalie.

As for the Versus Lundy/Miller debate, they both play behind superior teams, and teams that are better in their own end. Nevertheless, the NYR are more committed to team D than the NYI.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote