HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Francesa and Chris Russo Guarantee Game 5 Sabre Win

Old
05-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Farrell is on Sirius Howard 101.Monday-Friday night.Stern and Mel Karmazin hired Scotty
Kenny Albert tonight @ 8:00 talking Rangers.

"Shake it uuuuuuup!"

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 01:50 PM
RFAN

[QUOTE=NYRfan68;9162686]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFAN View Post
Hockey is not a good gambler sportQUOTE]

It may not be a good gambling sport in the states, but here in Canada, we have "pro-line". Its a craze!
I am not a gambler, so I must say I have no idea what "pro-line" is. That being said in the states, football, basketball and horse racing are the big betting winners. And this doesn't even mention fantasy stuff. My real point is that although most if not all here are what I would call diehard fans, there is the other side of sports that is even bigger, money. This is where fatty and the moron fill that need, itís just not ours.

RFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 01:54 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I used to listen to Joe Benigno on the overnight. I remember him "the stench has arrived in the garden, and its not from the elephants in the circus" every time around this part of the year cus the rangers would miss the playoffs for "n" consecutive year. Those were the days in which this ranger fan was really made. Rooting for all these rethreads and losers. But anyway, just dont listen to mike and the mad dog. Listen to the schmoozer or joe and evan. Those guys are all real ranger fans. Even Boomer Esiason. Its as easy as that. I will always love Jeremy Shockey for calling them out and telling Mike Fransesa that it didnt matter what he said cus he was going to die of a heart attack which was kind of mean but it really got to mike.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 03:12 PM
clmetsfan

Mike and the Mad Dog are no longer on in the morning. They filled in for two weeks (in addition to doing their regular afternoon show) and now it appears that Boomer has taken over the slot.

I've listened to Boomer a little bit. Not impressed. Maybe he just needs to find a regular co-host to develop some chemistry with, but until that happens I'm sticking with Mike and Mike on ESPN in the mornings.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 03:14 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Howard Stern for me!

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 03:53 PM
mrhockey193195

Hate Mike and the Mad Dog.
I think they're just awful, and not only w/ hockey.

Mike and Mike is the way to go for me, though they hardly cover hockey.

I haven't listened to Boomer in the morning yet, but I'm happy he's on b/c as you said, he's a great ranger fan

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 03:57 PM
RFAN

Case and point right now 3:50pm, yes I listening at work, guy just called yelling at Mike for picking the wrong team in the Mavs series and now changing his mind. How can you pick the Mavs now change your mind on me... I'm not listening two you two no more...

Last edited by RFAN: 05-03-2007 at 04:07 PM.
RFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 04:10 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I think Chris's exact words were (he always uses the same phrases because hes too linguistically challenged to come up with anything different)

"I'd be shocked, SHOCKED if the Sabres don't win on Friday"

These guys obviously don't watch the games, and even if they did they would not know what they were watching and what DOMINATING really is.

I didnt hear them talking about how the Rangers DOMINATED Atlanta in the 7 goal game, which by the way, was the only domination in any game this playoffs.

Its sad that they down play hockey as much as a they do.

Just another brick in the wall.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 04:14 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Oh and what is this the 25th MandtheMD thread this season?

We should just sticky a complaint thread and call it a year.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Oh and what is this the 25th MandtheMD thread this season?

We should just sticky a complaint thread and call it a year.
For two guys that NEVER talk hockey we sure do have a lot of threads about them talking hockey...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
For two guys that NEVER talk hockey we sure do have a lot of threads about them talking hockey...
Pretty much everytime they talk hockey, there is a thread made about it.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 05:44 PM
NYRBLUE 74

Send a message via AIM to NYRBLUE 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuddy View Post
Isn't he the "schmoozer"?

"Steve Somers here, you there..."
Nice catch! Lol. That's what happens when your late to class. I need more time in class...instead of on the ice. Lol.

NYRBLUE 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 08:41 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
And they also guarantee the Sabres win the series in 6 or 7.

They both just said the Rangers got DESTROYED by the Sabres in the third period. They both said it was undoubtly a goal and Ranger fans are never allowed to complain about a bad call again for the rest of their lives. And somehow Mike saw white between the puck and line even though no one else in the world could...but he's Mike, the God of sports.

They both gurantee the Rangers will get destroyed on Friday. And they said the Ranger fans are getting too wrapped up in this team.

This is NY's biggest sports show. This is what sports fans listen to everyday...these two morons bashing hockey and the Rangers.

Yea, I heard that too, they are on my pay no mind list when it comes to Hockey.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 08:42 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Mike and the Mad Dog are no longer on in the morning. They filled in for two weeks (in addition to doing their regular afternoon show) and now it appears that Boomer has taken over the slot.

I've listened to Boomer a little bit. Not impressed. Maybe he just needs to find a regular co-host to develop some chemistry with, but until that happens I'm sticking with Mike and Mike on ESPN in the mornings.

Yea Boomer is just bland, he has the typical Vanilla morning show, goofy producer & soe side show Hole to laugh @ his mindless prattle & keep him in check

Old
05-03-2007, 08:44 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
I used to listen to Joe Benigno on the overnight. I remember him "the stench has arrived in the garden, and its not from the elephants in the circus" every time around this part of the year cus the rangers would miss the playoffs for "n" consecutive year. Those were the days in which this ranger fan was really made. Rooting for all these rethreads and losers. But anyway, just dont listen to mike and the mad dog. Listen to the schmoozer or joe and evan. Those guys are all real ranger fans. Even Boomer Esiason. Its as easy as that. I will always love Jeremy Shockey for calling them out and telling Mike Fransesa that it didnt matter what he said cus he was going to die of a heart attack which was kind of mean but it really got to mike.
\

Agreed! Joe B Steve S all real puck nuts.
When did Shockey say that?? Thats too funny!

Old
05-03-2007, 08:45 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSteve View Post
Howard Stern for me!

Dude cmon Stern is OVER! His time has come & is looooooong gone!
O&A PARTY ROCK!

Old
05-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Ranger1135

And we pay attention to them because?????? Still need an answer on this.....Chris really knows about Tennis and Mike knows horse racing... although that is even up for debate!
I have called into their show twice, once in I think 91-92 Rangers-Devils series and suggested that Domi should be dressed because the Rangers were being pounded and was berated...Domi dresses next game and pots a goal and the Rangers went on to win the series.
The other is off topic, Baseball related, Mets-Braves late September game in 98 or 99 Mets three games out of first. Brian Jordan was out of the line-up and the Mets elect to pitch to Chipper Jones 8th inning of a 2-1 game, no one on & 1 out, Chipper batting righty cracks a homerun ties the game which the Braves eventually win. I call and suggest a free pass to Chipper with 1st available with the lead and no Jordan....cutoff and derided as being assinine. I am followed up by one of the Braves announcers who states that Chipper that year is averaging more homeruns per at bat from the right side of the plate than Mark McGuire, which they point out is obvious to any baseball fan.
My point is these guys aren't the end all be all because they are on air and I believe that true fans of any team have more insight then these two putz's.

Ranger1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 09:20 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
1) Make bold prediction.
2) Get publicity.

Any questions?

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 09:37 PM
allcar67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Right, and that's why I never said they should lose their jobs. But no one outside of hardcore Ranger fans will ever take this team seriously with guys like them ripping on the team whenever they talk about hockey. Don't we want to attract new fans to the game, not make them laugh at the sport?
Most people know they know little to nothing about hockey - they freely admit that they don't really care about it.

The Rangers potentially got one whole officiating break in these playoffs and now we shouldn't complain about all the "muggings" that Jagr takes each game without penalties called? all the unpenalized hits to the face that Sean Avery has taken?

So far, all the replays of that play are the very definition of inconclusive. The fact that McCreary, the goal judge and most of the players (if not all) on the ice continued the play as if it was not a goal leads me to believe that the league shockingly got the call correct. It may have been a goal but, until and unless somebody comes up with another angle showing otherwise, there is definitely no tangible proof to that puck having fully crossed the goal line.

allcar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Ranger1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNiteDumpsterBaby View Post
1) Make bold prediction.
2) Get publicity.

Any questions?
Yes actually...is that the Memorial Cup Stall is toting?

Ranger1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:24 PM
mhurley

I actually called, got through to the producer, and was going to school these two morons about how wrong they are to think that Buttface Bettmen wants a big market team like the Rangers to win.

I asked the producer why WFAN even let's these two knuckleheads talk about hockey, a sujbect they have little fondness for or knowledge of. The producer agreed with me and said the station tells them to talk about hockey once and awhile to make the coverage seem fairer. I countered that it was unfair to Hockey fans to have these ignoramouses speak about our sport.

He asked if I still wanted to speak to them and said no thanks, fugedaboot it and hung up.

mhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 11:35 PM
stranger34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1135 View Post
And we pay attention to them because?????? Still need an answer on this.....Chris really knows about Tennis and Mike knows horse racing... although that is even up for debate!
I have called into their show twice, once in I think 91-92 Rangers-Devils series and suggested that Domi should be dressed because the Rangers were being pounded and was berated...Domi dresses next game and pots a goal and the Rangers went on to win the series.
The other is off topic, Baseball related, Mets-Braves late September game in 98 or 99 Mets three games out of first. Brian Jordan was out of the line-up and the Mets elect to pitch to Chipper Jones 8th inning of a 2-1 game, no one on & 1 out, Chipper batting righty cracks a homerun ties the game which the Braves eventually win. I call and suggest a free pass to Chipper with 1st available with the lead and no Jordan....cutoff and derided as being assinine. I am followed up by one of the Braves announcers who states that Chipper that year is averaging more homeruns per at bat from the right side of the plate than Mark McGuire, which they point out is obvious to any baseball fan.
My point is these guys aren't the end all be all because they are on air and I believe that true fans of any team have more insight then these two putz's.
mike doesn't even know horse racing. He lost a lot of Imus' money with his picks and I can't recall him ever picking the derby right. he hyped up bellamy road (total bust) vs afleet alex (won 2/3 of triple crown)

stranger34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_a_c View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
1. Was cool when they had Jagr last season and he asked them how come they never talk hockey?
I REALLY respect Jagr if he said that. That is a great, great question - and takes balls since they could have gotten upset and basically talked Jagr off the show (to put it nicely)
Yup, I listened to that show, he said it. If I had a recording I would have shared it. Back then he was at the top of the Art Ross race, and they mainly talked to him about that and doing well in NY. Then, just before they were about to end the interview he quipped something like "I have a question for you, we're doing well, how come you guys never talk about us? I tune in and there's never hockey."

They just laughed and promised they'll talk more Rangers if they made the playoffs, clearly, didn't happen but was still awesome on Jagr's part.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:58 AM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrWhat View Post
Steve Somers always talks Hockey and he's much more entertaining to listen to than Mike & the Mad Dog, imo.
Damn right, was especially hilarious tonight when that Sabres fan called to complain about the no goal call, and then the Schmoozer answered something to the affect of "With VS network's amazing HD cameras, it wasn't even conclusive if that reply was of a hockey game. Did they use a disposable one time snapshot camera?"

Pretty hilarious.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote