HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cornell Hockey at MSG: 11/24/07

Old
05-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Rochester22

vCash: 500
I'll definitely be there

Rochester22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 09:32 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester22 View Post
I'll definitely be there
I'll trust you to spread the word to your devil brethren. At the very least it will give debbie fans a chance to check out Tony Romano (I'm not sure if they have any prospects on BU.)

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Transported Upstater

Wow, this is nostalgic...Cornell '03 here.

Hey xander...does an expired Cornell ID work? I still have mine!

They're sending me all this alumni crap, the least they could do is let me use my ID here!

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 09:40 PM
xander

I don't know. My guess is that if you show them the ID in person they won't check it, but if you read them your ID# over the phone they'll fiqure out that you're no longer a student. Worth a try though.

Old
05-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Servo

Crease, I lived in Sheldon Court and liked it so much I stayed there my last three years. Whether in University housing or not, Collegetown is the place to be, IMO.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:00 AM
cuhockey07

06' grad here currently in law school. I'll definitely be at the game with a bunch of friends.

it's too bad they're tearing down the transfer center. I lived there sophomore year and it was crazy. lived in collegetown junior and senior year...close enough for me to stumble home from johnnyo's.

Anyhow when the Rangers were going into doubleOT the other day, i thought about the 05 OT loss to Minnesota and the 06 loss to Wisconsin and prayed it wouldn't happen to the rangers

Last edited by cuhockey07: 05-04-2007 at 01:18 AM.
cuhockey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:48 AM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
That'll be a hell of a game... I'm a Quinnipiac student, and I follow quite a bit of college hockey. BU is a top 10 team, and Cornell is trying to get back there after an off year.

Cornell has great fans. Respecful but loud, even to the opposition's fans.
Respectful? They must be slipping. We were anything but respectful when I went there (back in the Nieuwendyk era), but I think they cracked down on some of the more raucous stuff. The Garden will be fun, but not as fun as Lynah.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 04:08 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Respectful? They must be slipping. We were anything but respectful when I went there (back in the Nieuwendyk era), but I think they cracked down on some of the more raucous stuff. The Garden will be fun, but not as fun as Lynah.
depends on your notion of respectful. ZYanksRule must have quite a unique understanding of the word, not to mention a thick skin, as he himself was the object of some lcruel chants from the Lynah faithful, of which I admit to have participated in.

Last edited by xander: 05-04-2007 at 04:32 AM.
Old
05-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Phil333

I'll be there. Does anyone know when tickets will go on sale for non Cornell/BU people?

Phil333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil333 View Post
I'll be there. Does anyone know when tickets will go on sale for non Cornell/BU people?
They are on sale now. You can get them at the Garden box office or ticketmaster, or through the Cornell Athletic Ticket Office. You only need to be a student to get the reduced price.

Old
05-08-2007, 07:47 PM
nyrmetros

Hopefully Cornel students will have extra tix to sell on gameday at MSG for the student price. Are ther college student sections for hockey loud for Cornell and BU?

Do they stand the entire game?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 08:17 PM
xander

Nope.

Without bragging too much: Lynah rink (Cornell) has several times been reconized as the most hostile place to play in all of hockey by various publications. This is not to say that it is the only place to have been reconized as such, Yost, Alfond, and the Ralph could all make a claim to this title, but the point is that if you drew up a list of the most intimidating places to play in college hockey Lynah would be at the top of the list.

And yes, we do stand the entire game.

I managed to find a halfway decent "it's all your fault" on YouTube, though I've found that the volume of Lynah never really comes across that well on video (because of the low ceiling the building tends to be exceedingly loud.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVkVL...elated&search=

The Lynah faithful also have a reputation for traveling well. I know that at all the away games I've been too, we've been markedly louder than the home crowd.

I can't speak for BU

Last edited by xander: 05-09-2007 at 01:02 AM.
Old
05-08-2007, 11:57 PM
ish

Awesome. I definately plan to attend. Anyone think it will sell out though? I mean hopefully it does but Quinnipiac played UConn at MSG in 2003 and that only drew a little over 2000 people. Cornell and BU are higher profile programs so hopefully they can pack the place. Here's the link to that '03 game.

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20030...me=qu&gender=m

ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Casmatt

This is great, I absolutely love college hockey. I go to either the Northeast or the East Regionals every year, it's always great. Everyone hits, everyone skates hard, sometimes the goalies are bad, but hey, thats why it's college and not pro. College hockey used to be my fallback plan way back when the Rangers were awful from 97-04.

I've always hoped that MSG would play host to a Regional, this isn't quite a Regional, but it's a start. If this draws well, maybe one day MSG will get a Regional or even the Frozen Four. Not for a while though because the NCAA has the Frozen Four and Regional sites planned out for the next bunch of years.

I will be there. I'm certainly not a Cornell fan, but I'll be cheering for them very hard in this game because it SUCKS TO BU.

Last edited by Casmatt: 05-09-2007 at 01:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Casmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 01:18 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ish View Post
Awesome. I definately plan to attend. Anyone think it will sell out though? I mean hopefully it does but Quinnipiac played UConn at MSG in 2003 and that only drew a little over 2000 people. Cornell and BU are higher profile programs so hopefully they can pack the place. Here's the link to that '03 game.

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20030...me=qu&gender=m
That was back when QU was a very low level DI program in the AHA.

A game between these 2 teams, if promoted well... I think can bring in 10,000. These are 2 high powered programs with tremendously large travelling crowds... this game will draw very well.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Servo

Screw BU, Potvin, too!

I'm already pumped for this and its still over 6 months away.