HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

UFA link - lesser lights

Old
05-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Capt Reynolds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I'm pretty sure that is a mistake, as to be a group VI UFA like the website claims Lasse will be, you need to have played fewer than 80 NHL games. Lasse's played 85.

Some nice thoughts on there, Walker is an obvious choice, would make a nice RW for the Isles. Vasicek could prove an upgrade as a checking line pivot and seems worth the risk. McAmmond and Orszagh also seem like good fits in checking roles, and wouldl likely be upgrades over guys like Asham or Hilbert.

Another name that stands out to me who I didn't realize was set to be UFA was Rusty Fedotenko. If we can't sign Smyth, I'd set my sights on him.
Yeah, I like Rusty. He had a MONSTER playoffs the year the bolts won. I think he's a guy who could do well under Nolan.

I'd also REALLY like to see us go after Scott Hartnell. Prototypical Nolan player, can skate, hit, and score, and has a good track record for giving it his all.

Capt Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote