HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

peter worrell

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2004, 01:18 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
peter worrell

how ever ludicrous it may seem, i have seen i lot of talk that the avs have been disappointed with his play and may use him in a deal at the deadline.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

i am a big worrell fan and love what he brings to the game, he'll fight anyone, hits every shift and chips in the odd..odd..odd goal

he does take undisiplined penalties early in the game but i think that is more a result of his reputation than his actions, see the matlby call a few games ago.
some have even accused him of coming into camp out of shape and the avs are only getting him some action to showcase him.

i cant see lacroix dealing him after he gave up a pretty penny to acquire him but it's lacroix, who the hell knows what he'll do.

i hope lacroix only adds to the team not deals key roster players such as morris and worrell etc. worrell is a great team guy and comes to the rescue of his teammates, other teams respect what he does and as result dont mess the avs stars, we'll see what the nucks do next game with revenge on their mind but worrell, mccormick, cummins and macillister standing right in front of them.

but what are your the thoughts on worrell getting dealt or which possible teams might want him?

Old
02-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Bandwagoner

[QUOTE=DRL]
i am a big worrell fan and love what he brings to the game, he'll fight anyone, hits every shift and chips in the odd..odd..odd goal
QUOTE]

Just wondering why he wouldn't fight Oliwa a while back in Calgary???

Old
02-23-2004, 01:29 PM
X8oD

hey the fact that you think he doesnt take undisciplined penalties and will fight anyone makes him a valuable asset to your team is enough for me, as a wings fan, to enjoy you having him.

Hell, hes no different than Scott Parker. They both take stupid penalties while attempting to "patrol" the ice. And thier hockey ability is god awful.

he in the games against Detroit a couple weeks ago, he cost the Avs 1 goal a game by taking stupid penalties.

And i REALLY hope he, Cummins and McCallister are forced to take Regular shifts in the play-offs.

Old
02-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Zodiac

Maybe the Avs could pick up Laraque in some kind of deal involving Worrell?

Last edited by Zodiac: 02-23-2004 at 01:37 PM.
Old
02-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydianSlip
Maybe the Avs could pick up Laraque in some kind of deal involving Worrell?
I highly doubt the Oilers trade Georges Laraque to a division rival.

Old
02-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
I highly doubt the Oilers trade Georges Laraque to a division rival.

It's not impossible.

Calgary traded with the Avs a couple times.

Old
02-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
It's not impossible.

Sure inter-divisional trades happen, but I can't see the Oilers wanting to play big Georges 6 times a season.

Old
02-23-2004, 02:01 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
how ever ludicrous it may seem,
http://www.spectorshockey.net/
i would say the Avs keep Worrell. He will start to get in the groove because he missed half the season with a knee that was blown out.

Old
02-23-2004, 02:04 PM
MotownMadman

Quote:
It's not impossible.

I agree it's not impossible, especially with the Oilers looking more and more like they won't make the playoffs. However, I've also heard that the Avs are looking at Chris Simon.

BTW Floydian, dig the new avatar, with the exception of that "A" in the top corner :p

Old
02-23-2004, 02:26 PM
musdy

y didnt ottawa get him to add some toughness o well

Old
02-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Mighty Duck

Trade Worrell for Peat in Washington. At least he doesn't take the stupid penalties, and Washington fans don't want Peat anymore. But, they don't want anyone on their team now, so don't read to much into that. The last time the Caps played The Avs, Peat spanked McCallister, and he also beat Worrell when Peter played for Florida. Peat is a better skater than both, and is only 23 years old.

Old
02-23-2004, 02:39 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownMadman
BTW Floydian, dig the new avatar, with the exception of that "A" in the top corner :p

Thanks.

Old
02-23-2004, 07:11 PM
fullmetalninja

I'd take Worrell in a heartbeat.

He's the best enforcer in the league, if you ask me. Notice I didn't say best fighter, I said best enforcer. This guy would fight his mother if she was wearing the other jersey. And he's not scared of fighting anyone and will go with the bigboys...

If I was a Detroit fan(besides loathing myself everyday!), the last thing I would want was Peter Worrell in the playoffs. He'll run anyone, and doesn't care what happens. So maybe he takes a penalty or two... big deal if he runs Datsyuk or Zetterberg so much that they are worried about putting their head down. And who's gonna do something? McCarty? Hatcher?... Same goes for Vancouver(who will not dress Brookbank). If they think Steve Moore is dirty... shoot!

Peter Worrell Intimidates as much as Brashear, and definately more than Laraques IMO. Yeah, Laraques *used* to be the best fighter(I think he's lost something) but Laraques is a pretty nice guy, and usually plays by the code. Worrell will run you, he doesn't care what the name on the Sweater says. And unlike a guy like Cairns, Worrell is usually going forward-

I know when FLA played the hawks, Worrell had a running thing with Alex Zhamnov! In his face, challenging him to drop the gloves(LOL) and running him every chance he got. A 6'6 aggitator, who can hang in with any heavy in the league is IMO a unique skill set- at the least its an interesting mind set.

Colorado would be crazy to get rid of him. And I would offer a pretty nice deal going Colorado's way to get him in Chicago..(but probably not until the draft).

-fullmetalninja

Old
02-23-2004, 10:34 PM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalninja
I'd take Worrell in a heartbeat.

He's the best enforcer in the league, if you ask me. Notice I didn't say best fighter, I said best enforcer. This guy would fight his mother if she was wearing the other jersey. And he's not scared of fighting anyone and will go with the bigboys...

If I was a Detroit fan(besides loathing myself everyday!), the last thing I would want was Peter Worrell in the playoffs. He'll run anyone, and doesn't care what happens. So maybe he takes a penalty or two... big deal if he runs Datsyuk or Zetterberg so much that they are worried about putting their head down. And who's gonna do something? McCarty? Hatcher?... Same goes for Vancouver(who will not dress Brookbank). If they think Steve Moore is dirty... shoot!

Peter Worrell Intimidates as much as Brashear, and definately more than Laraques IMO. Yeah, Laraques *used* to be the best fighter(I think he's lost something) but Laraques is a pretty nice guy, and usually plays by the code. Worrell will run you, he doesn't care what the name on the Sweater says. And unlike a guy like Cairns, Worrell is usually going forward-

I know when FLA played the hawks, Worrell had a running thing with Alex Zhamnov! In his face, challenging him to drop the gloves(LOL) and running him every chance he got. A 6'6 aggitator, who can hang in with any heavy in the league is IMO a unique skill set- at the least its an interesting mind set.

Colorado would be crazy to get rid of him. And I would offer a pretty nice deal going Colorado's way to get him in Chicago..(but probably not until the draft).

-fullmetalninja
Wow. Thats quite a ringing endorsement. What kind of deal would you offer after the season to get your mitts on him?

Old
02-23-2004, 10:56 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalninja
And who's gonna do something? McCarty? Hatcher?... Same goes for Vancouver(who will not dress Brookbank).
What makes you think McCarty or May wouldn't do anything about it. Worrell is having a pretty poor season fight wise, and even when he's on his fight game, he hardly scares anyone. He wins from size, but he has very poor punching power despite how big he is. Besides, McCarty and May have fought better.

Old
02-24-2004, 12:41 AM
Crossbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
What makes you think McCarty or May wouldn't do anything about it. Worrell is having a pretty poor season fight wise, and even when he's on his fight game, he hardly scares anyone. He wins from size, but he has very poor punching power despite how big he is. Besides, McCarty and May have fought better.
As a Florida fan who has watched Worrell for a long time now I agree 100% with that statement, Pete brings a lot of character into the locker room but if the Avs are indeed interested in acquiring Simon from the Rags then I'd say PL should pull the trigger as he would be a mass improvement over Pete in all areas and much more reliable to give ice time to IMO.

Closed Thread