HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ruff tries to plant seed with officials

Old
05-04-2007, 09:07 AM
blue2noise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
thats called being a smart coach. hes doing everything he can to help his team win. think the refs wont start looking at us harder through the neutral zone and into our own zone? youre kididng yourself if you think this wont help his team.

hes a helluva coach.
A smart coach is the one that holds his players accountable for anything and everything that happens, not everyone but.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 09:25 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

If I was the league and a coach complained like that I would call everything against his team. Of course, in the "New NHL" they like to do the opposite of common sense. They instead reward whiners (Ruff) and take a **** on the more classy people (Renney).

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 09:26 AM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
what a POS of a person this Linda is. Refs better notysway calls now or I swear..
Are we calling him Linda now? Linda Ruff, the whining, *****ing woman?

That's pretty funny. That could easily lead to some photoshopping...

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Jackson Ranger

I don't have a problem with Ruff doing this in fact I give him credit. Every sport has coaches saying the same things looking for an advantage. You mean to tell me Pat Riley never planted a seed with officials? If anything, be mad at Renney for not playing the same game.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 09:41 AM
WNY Blueshirt

Send a message via AIM to WNY Blueshirt
i've been calling him Lindsay since his freak-out after game 2. Linda * has a nice ring to it though.

I find it rather sad that someone in his position has to resort to crying about the officials, rather than holding his players accountable for their collective lack of effort. I personally think he's setting a terrible example to any local youth players who might look up to him, and i'm hoping that karma bites him and his team in the arse.

Last edited by Melrose_Jr.: 05-04-2007 at 09:44 AM. Reason: offensive
WNY Blueshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlueshirt85 View Post
So making excuses for your team makes you a great coach now?
Winning makes you a great coach. If your chances of winning are improved by whining, or instructing your players to take shots at an injured players injured body part, or throwing a hissy fit following a game, you do it.

On behalf our our female fans, I ask that we not get quite so graphic with Linda's new nickname, ok?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Levitate

There has been more interference on dumpins, in my opinion. But every team has been doing it, including the Sabres. There's been many times this series where I've said "why isn't that a penalty?" after a Sabres defenseman interferes with a Rangers forward going into the corner.

Everyone is doing it because the league has been letting it slide this postseason.

Ruff might want to be careful he doesn't set his own team up for getting called.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 10:19 AM
BroadwayBlueshirt85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Winning makes you a great coach. If your chances of winning are improved by whining, or instructing your players to take shots at an injured players injured body part, or throwing a hissy fit following a game, you do it.

On behalf our our female fans, I ask that we not get quite so graphic with Linda's new nickname, ok?
But you are assuming this is going to help the team. I am not.

BroadwayBlueshirt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 10:53 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

You can look at this a ton of ways.. whatever the case may be, the Rangers are playing their game and the Sabres are reacting to it.

To me thats a good thing when the series is tied 2-2 against the Pres. Trophy winner AND going into their building.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 10:55 AM
MayDay

Man, you guys sure hate Lindy Ruff. Sure sign the guy must be doing something right.

I think I'll take it as a compliment, much like you guys celebrate the fact that Sean Avery is supposedly the most hated player in the league.

When you listen to Lindy's press conferences, the thing you have to remember is that everything he says and does is calculated because he thinks it will help his team win. That's what good coaches do. It's not like he just likes to whine or anything. It's mind games.

MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Madness

Well if it will help his team then why not?, I would do the same.

Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 11:01 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

I would love to kick the **** out of that little ****. I ****ing hate him!!!

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlueshirt85 View Post
But you are assuming this is going to help the team. I am not.
At this point, not sure if it will help or hurt them, only time will tell. I'm just saying, if getting down and dirty DOES prove to the be difference in this series, no one will remember that Renney and the Rangers were a class act throughout.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:08 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I would love to kick the **** out of that little ****. I ****ing hate him!!!
Eh... "little" isn't a good word to describe him

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:15 PM
andy52

Jack Adams Award

The Jack Adams Award is an annual award presented by the National Hockey League Broadcasters' Association to the NHL coach adjudged to have contributed the most to his team's success. The winner is selected in a poll among members of the NHL Broadcasters' Association at the end of the regular season.
The award was presented by the NHL Broadcasters' Association in 1974 to commemorate the late Jack Adams, former coach and general manager of the Detroit Red Wings. His lifetime dedication to hockey has served as an inspiration to all who aspire to further the game.

2006 Winner

Lindy Ruff, Buffalo Sabres
Buffalo Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff has captured the 2005-2006 Jack Adams Award as "the NHL coach adjudged to have contributed the most to his team's success," as selected by the NHL Broadcasters' Association.

Ruff edged Carolina Hurricanes head coach Peter Laviolette, 155-154, in the closet Adams vote since the trophy was first awarded in 1973-74 and the closest vote among all trophies in 2005-06. The razor-thin margin was reflective of the clubs' competition this season; Carolina earned the Eastern Conference's second seed with 112 points, two more than the fourth-seeded Sabres, and the clubs staged a seven-game Eastern Conference Final, with the Hurricanes overcoming a third-period deficit in the deciding game to claim the series en route to the Stanley Cup.

The League's tenured head coach, Ruff guided the Sabres to a 52-24-6 record for 110 points, a 25-point improvement over 2003-04, and set franchise records for victories and points. The Sabres tallied their highest goal total, 281, since 1993-94, doing so without a player placing among the League's top 60 scorers.

andy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuddy View Post
Eh... "little" isn't a good word to describe him
it is pretty amusing to see a guy who played a real tough, hard-nosed style throughout his career turn into such a whining baby.

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Fotiu22

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy52 View Post
Jack Adams Award

The Jack Adams Award is an annual award BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH....
WHO CARES??

I don't think anyone here is questioning his coaching skills... just whether or not he is acting like a B1TCH... (he is).

Old
05-04-2007, 12:43 PM
CrankyJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22 View Post
WHO CARES??

I don't think anyone here is questioning his coaching skills... just whether or not he is acting like a B1TCH... (he is).
And if Renney did it he would be hailed as a diabolical and calculating genius. What's your point? Don't pretend to have the moral highground here.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
And if Renney did it he would be hailed as a diabolical and calculating genius. What's your point? Don't pretend to have the moral highground here.
actually he did do it the beginning of the season...which just lead to more penalties being called on us

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:51 PM
CrankyJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
actually he did do it the beginning of the season...which just lead to more penalties being called on us
Wouldn't logic dictate then that more penalties would/should/could be called on the Sabres? And some of you guys are complaining about this? Or are these the same people who claim a conspiracy is mounting against the Rangers?

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Fotiu22

Quote:
who said anything was immoral? Ruff is just flat-out acting like a B1TCH. B1TCHY? yes. Immoral? nah.

Old
05-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Humphrey*

so, what's he more guilty of here? being "classless" or "whining"? because lord knows that's all that matters on these boards.

Humphrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Fotiu22

Quote:
Wouldn't logic dictate then that more penalties would/should/could be called on the Sabres? And some of you guys are complaining about this? Or are these the same people who claim a conspiracy is mounting against the Rangers?
I have to say the conspiracy thing is a complete joke that does not accurately reflect the majority of Rangers fans opinions.

Old
05-04-2007, 12:57 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
At this point, not sure if it will help or hurt them, only time will tell. I'm just saying, if getting down and dirty DOES prove to the be difference in this series, no one will remember that Renney and the Rangers were a class act throughout.
But we will remember. and that's all i care about.

Old
05-04-2007, 12:59 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Not at all. We are just amused at Lindy's academy award performace