HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Smyth rejects recent Islanders offer

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Capt Reynolds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Why does every internet message board ********* think they know what Ryan Smyth wants? McKenzie already called ******** on this rumor.
Precisely, which is why this thread should be shut down again. I'll leave it to Seph and Killer to decide that, seeing as it's been shut down once and reopened, but in my ming the McK post obviates the need for this thread.

Old
05-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
Um, no?

One of the main reasons I'll be going to school there is because of the city.

No offense, but speak for yourself.
Oh no he did...int!!!

He be dissin on yo new city! It's aite I got ur back!

Old
05-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomas View Post
I TOTALLY agree w/your 2nd paragraph...in my mind, the Isles have to think team first. Ryan Smyth is a team guy, I just can't picture him holding the Isles hostage. I truly believe Smyth & the Isles will arrive at a fair number for BOTH sides.
I agree with your TOTALLY agree.

Quote:
The Isles will give a quality offer, then be prepared to go a little higher, at that point...to me it becomes simple...Hey Ryan, do you want to be an Islander or not? If it takes him more than a nanosecond to say yes, pull the offer off the table & say "Thanks for a wonderful 2 months"...& that's that. I LOVE Ryan Smyth. But c'mon, the Isles have to have pride too.
I'm just hoping it's not like the Aucoin negotiations...where he just took the money Chicago handed him and didn't give MM a chance to match. That was bothersome. Here was a guy whose career was changed for the better by playing on LI, where he was free to play 50 minutes a game if he wanted to and he didn't even both to see if MM would match 250k higher?

Isles4ever11: I've heard nothing but great things about Pitt the past five years. Before that, I hadn't heard one good thing since the 70's/80's when the Steelers were "scary good" (apologies to the Sabres for usage of term "scary good").

Does it look relatively new there, as in buildings being erected constantly?

Old
05-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Killer Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dyton View Post
Precisely, which is why this thread should be shut down again. I'll leave it to Seph and Killer to decide that, seeing as it's been shut down once and reopened, but in my ming the McK post obviates the need for this thread.
Yup, I agree. I was letting people have their opportunity to speak on this but I think that McKenzie shooting it down as false per Smyth's agent is enough reason to end the discussion on it.

Howie, what do you think?

DEAL!

05-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dyton View Post
It's a legit source, and has been confirmed as having actually appeared, so it's allowed by HFBoards site rules. I originally closed it because at the time there was no confirmation of the report. If we shut down every rumor thread that had a very low quantity of truthiness, well, we pretty much wouldn't have rumor threads anymore

But I will takes this as an opportunity to remind posters to take rumors in general, and especially ones like this, with a serious grain of salt. Remember percisely what the word rumor means, and remember what rumors were like back in junior high -- really, these aren't much different.

Closed Thread