HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do we upgrade?

Old
05-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Ticket sales are up and the ticket prices are up. I think this cancels out the salary cap hike. I think the team will have the same buffer as they did last year. 4.1 million.
While I think we rode an excellent wave into the playoffs in terms of attendance (makes losing hurt that much more..), it will be interesting to see if we are able to keep those same numbers for next season. I seriously doubt we'll see growth, especially with all the negative publicity about "Leipold's grand scheme to screw us over" coming from the Tennessean. I've heard people ask me if the Predators are really leaving next season.

I think we'll generate more revenue, however I can't foresee Leipold allowing our budget to rise to 4.1 under the cap (lets say $44-45 million). I think our personal cap is tied to our revenues more then I think its just a buffer for the salary cap. That sounds contradicting, but I think Leipold will keep the salary figure around the same but generate more revenue so perhaps he won't lose as much money.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
While I think we rode an excellent wave into the playoffs in terms of attendance (makes losing hurt that much more..), it will be interesting to see if we are able to keep those same numbers for next season. I seriously doubt we'll see growth, especially with all the negative publicity about "Leipold's grand scheme to screw us over" coming from the Tennessean. I've heard people ask me if the Predators are really leaving next season.

I think we'll generate more revenue, however I can't foresee Leipold allowing our budget to rise to 4.1 under the cap (lets say $44-45 million). I think our personal cap is tied to our revenues more then I think its just a buffer for the salary cap. That sounds contradicting, but I think Leipold will keep the salary figure around the same but generate more revenue so perhaps he won't lose as much money.
Bear in mind though, we could be losing almost 8 million in payroll if Kariya, Timonen and Hartnell leave.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Bear in mind though, we could be losing almost 8 million in payroll if Kariya, Timonen and Hartnell leave.
Without resigning anyone, our payroll is $28 millionish. Again, I don't see our personal cap raising past what it was last season, around $35-39 million. We'd have to make up for the loss of Kariya, Hartnell, Timonen, Forsberg, and all the 4th liners and Zanon. We'd also want to bring in someone who generates a buzz around town as people will see Kariya, Hartnell and Timonen leaving as a sign the team is going downhill.

A number of players are getting raises (cha-ching Tomas Vokoun) which gives us even less room to work with.

Last edited by Jarnberg: 05-06-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old
05-04-2007, 02:43 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Without resigning anyone, our attendance is $28 millionish. Again, I don't see our personal cap raising past what it was last season, around $35-39 million. We'd have to make up for the loss of Kariya, Hartnell, Timonen, Forsberg, and all the 4th liners and Zanon. We'd also want to bring in someone who generates a buzz around town as people will see Kariya, Hartnell and Timonen leaving as a sign the team is going downhill.

A number of players are getting raises (cha-ching Tomas Vokoun) which gives us even less room to work with.
Our payroll has gone up every year, though...and I don't see it being less than 40 this year...not unless we want to field a BlueJackets-esque lineup and start "rebuilding," which I think everyone involved knows we can't possibly hope to do.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 12:04 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Our payroll has gone up every year, though...and I don't see it being less than 40 this year...not unless we want to field a BlueJackets-esque lineup and start "rebuilding," which I think everyone involved knows we can't possibly hope to do.
The Preds can't afford to do that. As soon as a border-line fanbase hears re-building they are heading out the door. The core of the fanbase will stay but fair weather fan will be gone and there goes the 14,000 needed not to trigger the clause.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Jarnberg

I'll change my stance to, we don't do a think this offseason in attempt to further attempt to drive away fans.