HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For whatever reason, the OFFICIAL Mike & The Mad Dog thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2007, 02:19 PM
  #51
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Mike and The big sissy fruitcake are talking to Joe Michelletti now.

Joe points out Rangers only had two less points than Sabres over last few months of season. Chris says that's "misleading".

They refuse to give Jagr, or anyone credit.

Call me crazy, but isn't this New York?

This makes me wanna smash stuff all over my office. I wish these clowns said nappy headed hos so they'd be off the air. I HATE these clowns. They know nothing about the game, but KILL THE HOMETOWN TEAM???

God....get off the air, you losers. They were definitely stuffed in many lockers in high school.
Oh, so now we're all worried about the "hometown" team?

The feeling you have of wanting to smash stuff when listening to those idiots is the same exact one certain fans have when you boo Malik.

Nice job, but those jerks have no bearing on the performance on the team. On the other hand, negative loudmouths at MSG...

__________________
DRAFTBUZZ HOCKEY
2015 DraftBuzz NHL Draft Guide

TWITTER
@draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:24 PM
  #52
Jackson Ranger
Registered User
 
Jackson Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
All they said was that "it doesn't matter." And Wes also brought up the point that Weekes started 3 of those games against Buffalo and once again all they could respond with was "It doesn't matter."
They're both idiots that's why I stopped listening to them five years ago.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:26 PM
  #53
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,579
vCash: 500
Lets start a new WFAN thread every day and post about how they don't know what they are talking about and how we will never listen to them again. And then lets continue listening to them and posting about them.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:26 PM
  #54
bcrt2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Oh, so now we're all worried about the "hometown" team?

The feeling you have of wanting to smash stuff when listening to those idiots is the same exact one certain fans have when you boo Malik.

Nice job, but those jerks have no bearing on the performance on the team. On the other hand, negative loudmouths at MSG...
Well if people DO keep calling in bashing them on their hockey coverage, maybe the geniouses at the top will think about getting more hockey guys in.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:30 PM
  #55
stranger34
Registered User
 
stranger34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nassau County
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
i can understand maddogs frustration though, too many people in New York are treating this like a matchup between equals when really this would be a HUGE upset.

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:31 PM
  #56
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Last year was the best when they had Renney on the air after 7 games, and Russo said their nice start didnt matter because they were "1% into the season" (you do the math...)

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:31 PM
  #57
lotus
Registered User
 
lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
I swear it , they start talking hockey again and im reciting the speech given on www.rangerland.net

"Look longingly, lance lovers! Lo, lagging and lumbering lateral lobs land no lift for lowly losers. Lament the legendary and leveling loss by your lacking laborers who lay low by lonely lockers. Lady Liberty luxuriates on linen so lambent! Learn of lethal liberation by lunging last-second leg lashing! Listen as laymen laughingly laud our laurels lawfully laid away! Let we long and loudly lionize our luminous, lustrous lookout – Lundqvist!"

I'll do it, i dare them to start talking again.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:49 PM
  #58
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by defjux41 View Post
Last year was the best when they had Renney on the air after 7 games, and Russo said their nice start didnt matter because they were "1% into the season" (you do the math...)
Worst part is that you can't even make an excuse of he was thinking about baseball. 7/162 = 4.3%

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:53 PM
  #59
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 13,159
vCash: 500
Mike and the big soda.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:54 PM
  #60
Cartman27
 
Cartman27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Even thought he isnt a Hockey guru, id much rather listen to Joe Beningo talk about the Rangers because he's passionate about everything he talks about. As soon as I hear "ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND" I switch over to the Q and its music for the rest of the day. If the Rangers win this series I hope some of you guys call in and rip Mike and whiny ***** a new one.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:57 PM
  #61
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc
 
Capitain Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United Nations
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Looks like you made a good case and probably left the angry puppy to lick his wounds. Don't know how they could respond to your answer of the new team the past two months because the culture sure has changed since Avery and Mara have been aboard.
While the avery and mara additions are a sexy pick as to when rangers started to play well, in my mind the one that stands out was the addition of girardi. his presence allowed the defense to stabilize and thats when things started to turn around.

a lot of our success is because of girardi.

Capitain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:57 PM
  #62
dave4
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
Just think of listening next week when the Rangers advance to the conferencre finals. The two arrogant sob's will eat some humble pie. However, the best way to get even is stop listening to them. Watch their ratings go down. LISTEN to Michael Kay and Don LaGreca. At least Don knows the game and has some good insights.
Francesa will never EVER admit when he's wrong. Russo will when he's on alone, but he goes along with Francesa when they say something together.

Last year they both went crazy when George Mason made the NCAA tournament and Hofstra didn't. They went on and on and on about how George Mason didn't belong in the tournament at all, and Hofstra and a number of other teams belonged in over them.

So do they admit they were wrong when George Mason made their Cinderella run to the final four? Nope, they used that to prove how right they were about Hofstra!

Francesa is NEVER wrong!

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:59 PM
  #63
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
I'm banned on here...I've been a bad boy in the Luongo thread.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:00 PM
  #64
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
Francesa is NEVER wrong!
i disagree...it is wrong for them to be getting paid for that crap they call sports discussion

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:02 PM
  #65
Fotiu22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
For what it's worth there are a couple guys on WFAN who love hockey and give it plenty of time after big games. They are just not M&MDOG

Steve Sommers WILL ALWAYS BE A HUGE PART OF MY '94 experience.

That guy is a pisser
Captain Midnight!!

He is HILARIOUS... so quick-witted and well spoken ... he is my favorite by far. Beningo and Maloussis (sp?) are good with hockey too.

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:06 PM
  #66
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22 View Post
Captain Midnight!!

He is HILARIOUS... so quick-witted and well spoken ... he is my favorite by far. Beningo and Maloussis (sp?) are good with hockey too.
Good evening, and welcome to a Friday edition of the schmoooze. Steve Somers here and of course, you there.

Tonight we'll be talking about your New York Rangers, which so many people in my company seem to be writing off, not to mention all the slugeroons up there in blustery buffalo.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:06 PM
  #67
JLand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
I refuse to listen to these 2 hacks -- Ego & Maniac.

It's that time of the year again when Fatso wastes probably 75% of his time talking about horse racing.

JLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:09 PM
  #68
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
These guys LOVE Buffalo? ****. The media here in Toronto is saying Buffalo as well but they aren't saying it as if the series is 3-0 for the Sabres or something. Even Rob Ray is nervous about tonight's game and hesitated when asked who he thought would win tonight.
SIRIUS - SCOTTY FARRELL!!

Shake it uupppppppp!


blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:09 PM
  #69
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
Even thought he isnt a Hockey guru, id much rather listen to Joe Beningo talk about the Rangers because he's passionate about everything he talks about. As soon as I hear "ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND" I switch over to the Q and its music for the rest of the day.
I do the exact same thing. Heck I switch before I even hear the ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND. That has to be the most annoying thing ever. The Q gets me through the day

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:19 PM
  #70
Fotiu22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Good evening, and welcome to a Friday edition of the schmoooze. Steve Somers here and of course, you there.

Tonight we'll be talking about your New York Rangers, which so many people in my company seem to be writing off, not to mention all the slugeroons up there in blustery buffalo.
... for those of you keeping score.. And I know you are...

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:41 PM
  #71
BlaqICE
Registered User
 
BlaqICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to BlaqICE Send a message via AIM to BlaqICE Send a message via MSN to BlaqICE
I hate Mike and the Mad Dog. I was watching it earlier today, and Chris was talking about game 1 with some caller, and tried to correct him by saying that the Rangers were down 5-1 in the third period, when actually it was 4-2 and then they put in the empty net goal to make it 5-2. If you're going to correct someone, at least get the facts right. What a moron! Then I heard Wes get on and rip Chris a new one. That made me smile.

BlaqICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:50 PM
  #72
NYRchick
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
Those douches openly root for the fishsticks anyway,even though they don't watch the sport during the season,and know F- all about it. The only reason they talk about hockey at all is cause they're obligated to.I'm a Mets fan too,but if they had to choose between a meaningless Mets or Yankee game in April,or a Ranger playoff game to open their show with,it's baseball every time. That's why I think Don Lagreca should have his own show on 1050. At least he loves the sport,and gives it it's proper due.

NYRchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 04:04 PM
  #73
JamesG1221
 
JamesG1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I said how they weren't giving us enough credit, and that people in canada and on the bulletin boards were recognizing how good the Rangers are, and that Sabres fans were just as scared of us as we are of them

Chris said how about in game 4 in the 3rd period?

I said it takes a lot more than 10 minutes to win a hockey game.

He said we could be down 3-1, and I said we could be up 3-1, because we could have had game 2.

I brought up how when we play a tight "trap" type game that we distrupt their speed, and it messes up their game.

I then brought up how when Joe was on, that the stat of how we had only 2 less points than them over the last few months was relevant, because this Ranger team is a totally different team than the one they faced in the fall and early winter!

F them!! Go Rangers!!







Great Job with the call Wes.

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 04:56 PM
  #74
bcrt2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Did anyone catch what PTI said about the Rangers? I just missed that segment by like 5 seconds.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 04:58 PM
  #75
2x4*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,582
vCash: 500
Rangers fans gosh didnt you know that the rangers will never win again because once the rangers gave up a lead in the 3rd period

Those dudes on WFAN are highly moronic.

2x4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.