HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What steady D could Parrish land the nyi?

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2004, 05:44 PM
disles1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
MM had his chance at Huselius. IMO Huselius is off the market as he's regained his previous form. As Parrish nixed the deal cause he started heating up, Huselius IMO is a keeper again so no.

Lilja and Taticek and a 4th rounder

for

Parrish

or

Lilja and Josh Olsen (I would not want to trade Olsen as of now)

for

Parrish
Don't know much about Olsen--how about a pick for Lilja?? What RD??

Old
02-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherhockey
From what I read today, the Avs may consider moving Morris (I forget where I read it, but it did say Lacroix has been dissapointed with his play). With Boughner and Sauer there now, Morris could be expendable. Also factor in Blake will be coming back, creating somewhat of a log jam on the blue line. So, with that said:

MARK PARRISH FOR DEREK MORRIS straight up

Avs would laugh at that one. Morris is probably better than any dman on the Isles right now.

02-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by disles1
WE need toughness on d---how about Parrish for Huselius and Lilja?

So, where is the "toughness on d" in that deal? You just traded for an ultra-soft forward and a Timander-type of dman.

Old
02-23-2004, 05:57 PM
disles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
So, where is the "toughness on d" in that deal? You just traded for an ultra-soft forward and a Timander-type of dman.
Ahhh darth, Lilja is MUCH better & tougher than Timander

Old
02-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Ahhh darth, Lilja is MUCH better & tougher than Timander

He is tougher than Timander, but not a whole lot better. And, saying he is tougher than Timander is not high praise. He is still not the gritty type of banger you seem to think we need. And, frankly, he isn't even good enough to dress on a regular basis, with the Isles current lineup.

Old
02-23-2004, 06:09 PM
Big Game

Quote:
Morris is probably better than any dman on the Isles right now.
Nah! His reputation is better. And maybe his potential. However, I don't think Morris has done anything to distinguish himself as better than any of the Isles top four. Or at the ver least I should say "hasn't distinguished himself as CLEARLY better. With that said, I also don't think any of the Isles top four have done anything to distinguish themselves better than Morris either.

I'd say all of them are more or less close to each other in what they have done to date. I will give Morris the benefit of his youth. He may still develop into a CLEARLY better player than the Isles top four. But as of right now all of them are more or less second tier stars after the elite dmen of the NHL (Blake, Pronger, Lidstrom etc)

But if Morris is really available, how about one of Hamrlik or Ninnima plus a sweetner from the Isles for Morris. Again, while I feel none of these Dmen are clearly better than one another, I do think Morris because of his age and potential, does carry more value.

The question though, Is Morris really available? Or, is this just some overblown speculation. As if over specualtion ever happens in the NHL

Old
02-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Game
I'd say all of them are more or less close to each other in what they have done to date. I will give Morris the benefit of his youth. He may still develop into a CLEARLY better player than the Isles top four. But as of right now all of them are more or less second tier stars after the elite dmen of the NHL (Blake, Pronger, Lidstrom etc)

But if Morris is really available, how about one of Hamrlik or Ninnima plus a sweetner from the Isles for Morris. Again, while I feel none of these Dmen are clearly better than one another, I do think Morris because of his age and potential, does carry more value.

The question though, Is Morris really available? Or, is this just some overblown speculation. As if over specualtion ever happens in the NHL
Fair enough. I think this is a reasonable analysis.

I'd definitely do Hamrlik or Janne N. for Morris. But, AVs wouldn't because they give up age and potential for a lateral move in talent.

Old
02-23-2004, 06:23 PM
disles1

Quote:
He is tougher than Timander, but not a whole lot better. And, saying he is tougher than Timander is not high praise. He is still not the gritty type of banger you seem to think we need. And, frankly, he isn't even good enough to dress on a regular basis, with the Isles current lineup.
He would be a #5 guy--He WOULD dress---he is better than Boots or Cairns.
Hey, I would rather have a Smith, Carney or Witt but you and others seem to think we should just trade picks for a #5---so here you go. A Gauthier or Lilja would dress and be a #5 guy for our team---a much needed improvement.

Old
02-23-2004, 06:32 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
He would be a #5 guy--He WOULD dress---he is better than Boots or Cairns.
Hey, I would rather have a Smith, Carney or Witt but you and others seem to think we should just trade picks for a #5---so here you go. A Gauthier or Lilja would dress and be a #5 guy for our team---a much needed improvement.

A late pick for a Lilja type would make sense. A trade of Parrish four a #5 guy does not.

And, I don't agree that he would dress regularly. Martinek, when healthy, is the better player and Cairns adds an element that Lilja can't bring.

Old
02-23-2004, 06:38 PM
disles1

Quote:
A late pick for a Lilja type would make sense. A trade of Parrish four a #5 guy does not.

And, I don't agree that he would dress regularly. Martinek, when healthy, is the better player and Cairns adds an element that Lilja can't bring.
What element is that-that Cairns gives us? Watching his man skate around him and score?? Cairns can fight sure but he can't skate,pass or clear the net. I'd rather have Godard up and get the better dman.

Old
02-23-2004, 06:55 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
just go after Cale Hulse

Old
02-24-2004, 12:32 AM
Big Game

Quote:
I'd definitely do Hamrlik or Janne N. for Morris. But, AVs wouldn't because they give up age and potential for a lateral move in talent.
True, True.

The only reason why I feel such a deal would have any chance of happening is if the AVS were truly disapointed with Morris and Lacroix thought highly of either Hamrlik or Niinnima. I would still imagine that the Isles would have to include more.

I don't know enough of the AVS situation. So I'm not even sure Morris is available. I would err on the side of caution and say the whole thing is probably overblown rumors.

Old
02-24-2004, 01:22 AM
kolanos

Isles fans drool over Witt but snub Gauthier? I don't get it. Gauthier is younger and cheaper, very similiar player to Witt, arguably a better hitter, even has similiar weaknesses (tendencies to wander to make a hit). Yes Witt has benefited in ice-time from playing on a weaker defensive corps, but Gauthier is a career plus player on a team that hasn't made the playoffs in seven years. Witt is a career -38. Just don't get it myself, but oh well, I doubt the Flames could afford Parrish anyways -- they'd have to move someone like Gelinas, and there's no point in moving a quality character guy like him.

Old
02-24-2004, 03:33 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Some NYI fans may be desiring youth on D, but I doubt that the team is. Not suggesting that they are looking for greybeards, but in no way does Witt's nominal difference in age over Gauthier translate into a negative for him. In fact, this time of the year it is clearly an asset. Witt has more EXPERIENCE, including playoff experience. Advantage Witt, not even mentioning that he is a superior dman to begin with.

Isles would NEVER acquire Derek Morris to be their #5. They do not have the luxury of $$$ to do so. Regardless, no belief here in the Morris rumblings. Guy will likely be a rock on Colorado's D for years to come. Still young and evolving.

Closed Thread