HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rozsival

Old
05-04-2007, 06:52 AM
BroadwayBlueshirt85

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
And what's wrong with that?
I'm gonna go with you on this one and say there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Roszival has turned out better than we all thought he would, and we should be very pleased with it.

Last edited by BroadwayBlueshirt85: 05-04-2007 at 06:53 AM. Reason: I can't type...
BroadwayBlueshirt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 08:03 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Rozsival didn't take alot of abuse?Are you kidding?Some people wanted the Rangers to dump Rozsival so the Rangers could sign Brian Leetch.When the Rangers gave Roszival the 2 year/$4.2 million contract last summer,you would have thought it was a 15 year Charles Wang special
Guilty as charged. I didn't want Roszival back this past summer. I thought he was exposed in the playoff series against the Debbies last year, and that most of his success was related to having Malik as a partner (funny how things change), and he got a lot of ice time with Jagr. But, truth be told, I admitted I was wrong earlier this year, and was pleasantly surprised by his play, especially when he was no longer paired with Malik. And, he's upped his level of play in the playoffs. Funny thing is that I believe McGuire said on Sunday that the Rangers believe Roszival is becoming a #1 D-man and that his play rivals the better D-men in the league.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 08:14 AM
SPG

Quote:
And what's wrong with that?
My thoughts exactly.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Funny thing is that I believe McGuire said on Sunday that the Rangers believe Roszival is becoming a #1 D-man and that his play rivals the better D-men in the league.
If it's the quote I think it is, it was Olyzck quoting Shanahan when he said "We missed him (Rozsival) badly in game 1, he's our best defenseman,... By far."

(but not sure that's the quote you're thinking of)

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:39 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD View Post
Oh he was ripped alright last year - especially by the "old school" posters on here.
Well, I'm an old school poster who defended him at times and stayed quiet at others but I thought most of the criticism came from newer hockey fans who really don't understand the game as well as us old farts.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:02 PM
94now

Hey, Brian Leetch has never scored an overtime goal in PO.

Rozy in not only our best D he is also the best D available to us. Thus, all those comments on whether he is #2 or #3 or #4 are just a waste of time. He is #1 and will be #1 up until Toots takes over.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Fletch

Brian Leetch may not have...

score an OT goal in the playoffs, but he did have about 34 points in one playoffs, including some really important goals.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:35 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
hes a good defenseman, but lets be real folks, hes a #2-3 on just about any decent team out there.
exactly ... and there is nothign wrong with that .... he is very good at his job, and is performing very well even though he is being overused

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Hey, Brian Leetch has never scored an overtime goal in PO.

Rozy in not only our best D he is also the best D available to us. Thus, all those comments on whether he is #2 or #3 or #4 are just a waste of time. He is #1 and will be #1 up until Toots takes over.
Remind me: how many Norris trophies does Roszival have? And speaking of Stanley Cup playoffs, I seem to have forgotten the year Roszival won the Conn Smyth Trophy, perhaps you can look it up.

We're not even half way home yet. As well as Roszival has played this year, he will never be a true #1 defenseman--regardless of how he's used by the Rangers. The big question is how much further he can carry a very ordinary defense.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 05:15 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
The big question is how much further he can carry a very ordinary defense.
That job has been made much easier with the very solid play of Tyutin & Girardi.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
That job has been made much easier with the very solid play of Tyutin & Girardi.
They have been excellent, particularly in game 4, but I wonder why they ended up with the least ice time of all the defensemen tonight.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 06:22 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
They have been excellent, particularly in game 4, but I wonder why they ended up with the least ice time of all the defensemen tonight.
Remember, Tyutin left the ice when he got injured.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 10:09 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Remember, Tyutin left the ice when he got injured.
They also had less icetime than any other defensemen in game 3, I believe. I think that they recieved the least amount of ice time out of any defensemen in the last 3 games (though I could be wrong). Were I Renney, I would use Tyutin & Girardi the same way that most other coaches use their best defensive pairing. It is doubtfull that Ruff will be assembling the same Drury/Zubrus/Hecht line again tomorrow as he will not have the last change. Renney will be able to get Jagr the more favorable matchup. IF Jagr's line and Rozsival are going to go against Briere, then Tyutin & Girardi should go against Drury's line. But what do I know?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote