HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

waive dunham?

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
waive dunham?

after the islander game should we waive dunham, id defintely consider trading dunham to the nucks for hedberg or anywhere for a pick but i dont think anyone would bite

the guy has 1 year left at 3.6 million, maybe a team like the avs, leafs, or nucks will pick him up if we agree to eat a large portion of his salary and then we see what jussi has and even give labarbs some time?

i just dont see any reason for dunham to be here next year, i dont care how bad the defense has been, he hasnt come to play and if blackie is healthy and there is hockey next season it is his job to lose

Old
02-23-2004, 09:11 PM
rootin tootin

I agree.

Old
02-23-2004, 09:12 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

i agree get him out of here. i was wrong about dunham i thought he was a legit number one. perhaps playing infront of this defense patrick roy would suck who knows? i think the rangers would be smart to have jussi and Labarbera rotate the rest of the season. what would it hurt? if they both suck than you just move higher in in the standings the lottery standings

Old
02-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Barnaby

Henrik Lundqvist and Dan Blackburn should battle it out next year. Winner splits time with Jussi while the one that needs more work spends the season with the Pack. You could even rotate them from farm to NHL team for all I care. Just get them experience and lose some games ::cough:: Crosby ::cough::

Old
02-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Barnaby

Send Dunham and and Cash to Col. He can back up Abby.

Old
02-23-2004, 09:46 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Blackburn was going to spend this year a Hartford because he had major technical problems to work on. He's been out all year. Why will he be any better prepared to play in the NHL next year than he would have been this year?

Assuming Lundqvist signs with us, he still has not played a professional game on an NHL ice rink. It's an awful stretch to think he can be a #1 goalie in the NHL next year.

I hated the Dunham trade, but I sure as hell wouldn't waive him at this point. He was more than competent last year. No reason not to believe with proper rest and a better coach he can't return to that form next year.

Old
02-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
I hated the Dunham trade, but I sure as hell wouldn't waive him at this point. He was more than competent last year. No reason not to believe with proper rest and a better coach he can't return to that form next year.
nah he cant play back to back games and cant win big games, he is useless, if we have a firesale and we go into rebuilding mode id rather we split goaltending duties between jussi and someone else, maybe blackie maybe we sign someone

blackie was also going to go to hartford to get alot of time and not get overworked, which killed him last year, the fact that he was overplayed, the kid showed so much, im sure with a proper coach and goalie coach he could play next season provided
a) he is healthy
b) there is a season
c) we have a new gm and proper coach
d) we have a goalie coach

damn thats alot of IFs

Old
02-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Smash255

Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Blackburn was going to spend this year a Hartford because he had major technical problems to work on. He's been out all year. Why will he be any better prepared to play in the NHL next year than he would have been this year?

Assuming Lundqvist signs with us, he still has not played a professional game on an NHL ice rink. It's an awful stretch to think he can be a #1 goalie in the NHL next year.

Not to mention that a young goalie playing in front of this defense can't be good for confidence

Old
02-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Edge

i've never seen a goalie fall apart like this, he seriously cannot even stop a beachball at the moment.

Old
02-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
i've never seen a goalie fall apart like this, he seriously cannot even stop a beachball at the moment.
True.... I would move him but what could we get? You hate to lose him for nothing.

Old
02-23-2004, 11:10 PM
NYR469

what are you guys talking about?? without dunham we wouldn't have a shot at a top 5 pick...

Old
02-24-2004, 06:44 AM
allrevvedup25

If Blackie is healthy next year, he can play regardless of a lockout. The AHL will continue to play even if there is no NHL. Lets just hope that all the kids we have are back in Hartford next year to play some hockey.

Old
02-24-2004, 07:58 AM
Fletch

I agree klingsor...

Blackburn hasn't played all year - there's no way one should 'expect' him to be fighting for an NHL spot next season. Lundqvist is not currently here, and there is no guarantee if he were to come over he'd be immediately acclimated to the North American game. Labarbera should get starts down the stretch, especially between Hartford games. We'll see what he has.

As for Dunham...he hasn't been great, but the entire team has disintegrated in front of him, and at this point, he's worn (and who knows, may even be injured but trying to play through it). He's a 50 start guy, MAX, Sather thought he was a 60+ start guy. Play him properly and I think he excels. If Lundqvist ends up being the real deal, and Labarbera looks as though he's a competent backup, sometime next season Dunham gets traded, waived, or whathaveyou. Right now, the team has other pressing needs and cannot use trading pieces on a goalie.

Closed Thread